• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Catching up at CO3: Pictures!

Started by daglob, October 19, 2008, 11:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Here we have some of the recent arrivals at Character Obscura 3:

Flying overhead we have three different versions of War Eagle, just so you'll know what they look like. Then, on the ground, we have Gazerbeam from the movie The Incredibles. Behind him is the Mexican hero The Manfly. Comparing skils with the Aussie heroine The Vampire (along with two "ghost" images of her other costumes) is Pistols Scaramanga, better know as The Man with the Golden Gun.

Flying overhead, we have Jetman, Captain Avenger, and Ultra, the Mult-Alien. Down at ground level is Captain Wizard, then The Devil Girl from Mars (plotting some deviltry), and Dr. Goldfoot surrounded by some bikini clad machines.

Yep, all this and more at CO3.

djfredski

Jakew

Ultra The Mulit-Alien is the only one I recognize. I hang my nerdy head in shame  :(

daglob

Quote from: Jakew on October 19, 2008, 04:57:18 PM
Ultra The Mulit-Alien is the only one I recognize. I hang my nerdy head in shame  :(

Ah, but recognizing that one alone puts you in the Ultimate Nerd category.

Some are Golden Age characters, some are from movies and TV, Vampire is Austrailan, and Man-Fly is Mexican.

But, surely you recognize Gazebeam from The Incredibles?

daglob

The location of Classic Cyclops Visor has been requested. It is here, in the Marvel folder of the Files section:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SAMs_stuff/

SAM has some other good stuff too; get it all while you are there. You won't be wasting your time.

danhagen

Jetman from "He & She," a sitcom that could have been the next Dick Van [expletive deleted] Show, had it been permitted to continue! And Captain Avenger from Hero at large! A Capra-esque super hero movie that, I think, inspired the moving inferno scenes in the Spidey movies.
Here's some real obscure trivia — Jack Cassidy, who played the actor who played Jetman, also starred in the Superman musical on Broadway as Max at around the same time.  And fathered some famous Cassidys.
Thanks, Dag.

yell0w_lantern

Very nice.  :thumbup:
But isn't Goldfoot Vincent Price? Sure looks like him.

danhagen

The Dick Van [expletive deleted] Show. That shows you how stupid automatic censorship programs are.
And yes, Dr. Goldfoot was Vincent Price.

daglob

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on October 25, 2008, 05:17:43 PM
Very nice.  :thumbup:
But isn't Goldfoot Vincent Price? Sure looks like him.

The late, great Vincent Price (who has the same birthday as Christopher Lee... Coincidence?) played the maniacal Dr. Goldfoot in both "Dr. goldfoot and the Bikini Machine" and "Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs". I'm working on a mad scientist that has Vinnie's face, too, as well as a Dr. Cyclops skin. Maybe someone will come up wit a "shrink" power for him.