• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Can Someone Please Tell Me What This Is?! (90's X-men Series)

Started by The Hitman, October 15, 2008, 11:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

Previsionary

It's the 90s series opening for the japanese viewers. It had two versions. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Hitman

thanoson

But that looked much better than our drivel we had.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Why the negativity?  I certainly liked the American intro well enough (although you may not be in America, for all I know)

cmdrkoenig67

Uuhhhhhhhhh....>scratches head<....Ummm..."Cry for the moon"?  Huh?

Seriously, the images were great...The music was a bit odd, though.

Dana

qazwsx

SHOCKing indeed :huh: Seems very likely to induce seizures. LOL at wolvie and omega jumping together like playmates in a bouncy castle. I really like the art though, among the best I've seen even with comics of that era. But yeah rather weird with every jumping across the screen(special lol at cable's)

thanoson

I liked the art better for that opening. I know a lot of people have a soft spot for X-men and Spider man TAS, but the artwork looked so shoddy to me. A episode of either was such a rushed job of sequenced action scenes. And you can say it was the times, but I say phooey on that. Batman TAS came out around the same time and blew it away. Hell, even that Hulk that was out with the Avengers looked better. Granted, some of the stories sucked, but they felt better than what I saw on Fox's 2 big cartoons of the time. Even Wildcats looked better. And they were on for what, 2 seasons? If that.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteEven Wildcats looked better. And they were on for what, 2 seasons?

One, I believe, but it was a very good season, with a definite conclusion to the series.

BWPS

Quote from: thanoson on October 16, 2008, 09:42:20 PM
I liked the art better for that opening. I know a lot of people have a soft spot for X-men and Spider man TAS, but the artwork looked so shoddy to me. A episode of either was such a rushed job of sequenced action scenes. And you can say it was the times, but I say phooey on that. Batman TAS came out around the same time and blew it away. Hell, even that Hulk that was out with the Avengers looked better. Granted, some of the stories sucked, but they felt better than what I saw on Fox's 2 big cartoons of the time. Even Wildcats looked better. And they were on for what, 2 seasons? If that.

The animation was good enough for me, and still is to this day when I watch both shows on the Toon Disney. As far as both stories go, the plots were extremely interesting and way awesomer than many I've read in the comic books recently.