• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Niftscope and size

Started by daglob, July 28, 2007, 03:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

How dos one change the size of a mesh with Niftscope? I tried what I thought woul work, and it didn't change a thing (or the mesh quits working). I'd be happy with a link to a tutorial if such a thing exists.

daglob

Weird, I started this thread a year ago, and didn't get a single answer. I had forgotten until I tried to do a search for the subject.

So, can you change the size of a mesh with Nifscope? I want to do some sidekick-sized versions of Male Alpha or possibly a Batman mesh.

Vulcan

Right click on "0 NiNode: Scene Root" and then select "Transform -> Edit" from the menu that pops up.  Simply enter a desired value in the "Scale" text box and you're all set.  :)

daglob

life_matrix

I tried this on the "Jack_O_Lantern" mesh by Texas Jack. I wanted to SUPERSIZE him!  :D

At first it seemed to work just fine. All the proportions are correct and everything. However, I noticed that when using him in the Rumble Room, he very often gets hit and then he... rolls and flails around on the ground in pain... ?   :rolleyes: Even weirder, when he's rolling around, there appears to be a ghostly or transparent duplicate attached to his feet!  :blink: It's like there's an ethereal or faint energy/shadow version rolling around on the ground with him, almost like an after-mage.

Am I doing something wrong... or does this sound like it might be a game glitch? I didn't think I added anything with EZHero that should do this... Perhaps scaling him to 5 times normal is too much for the game to handle? Perhaps it has something to do with how I was using three of my skoped Jack_O_Lantern heroes in the Rumble Room, instead of just one? Or, perhaps it has to do with how the NIF has like three different textured meshes for Jack's detachable head?

JKCarrier

Quote from: life_matrix on November 01, 2008, 03:09:13 PM
Perhaps it has something to do with how I was using three of my skoped Jack_O_Lantern heroes in the Rumble Room, instead of just one?

This is most likely the culprit. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that you resized the mesh. It's a known issue with meshes from the first game not having a "Skin Partition" that the second game needs.

Someone posted a python script that allegedly fixes this, though I haven't tried it myself:

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=44459.0

Epimethee

:blink: Thanks for the info, JK, I had completely missed this last year. A solution to my #1 FFvsTTR annoyance.

Symon

Quote from: JKCarrier on November 02, 2008, 06:30:09 AM
Someone posted a python script that allegedly fixes this, though I haven't tried it myself:
I have. Works a treat with any 10.1.0.0 Nif (some other games use this format too).