• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

twighlight anyone?

Started by herodad1, October 13, 2008, 10:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herodad1

anybody reading the books and seen the trailers?looks pretty cool.the books are very good also.i like her vampires better than anne rices versions.

bredon7777

Sorry, but vampires that sparkle in the sunlight? No.  Just no. And the wikipedia summary of the fourth book eliminated any minor interest I had in reading the first three.

That said, I'll probably see the movie anyway.

Gremlin

IN DEFENSE OF THE SERIES. The first book is amazingly well written. Even a vampire fan like myself was wooed over by Meyer's skillful characterization and fun dialogue.  The second is good, too.  After that...it goes downhill. Horribly, horribly downhill. A lot of fans believe this. Although a lot of fans are rabid fangirls who loved the fourth book. But they're dumb.

ANYWAYS. Seeing it. It comes out on my birthday.

Sevenforce

twigh...

*twitch*

*twitches more*

I...I...how does a novel series like this possibly get a movie deal over other, so much better, books? I mean...sparkling vampires? A pretty much vapid main character? Really? :huh:

BWPS

I'm going to go see it twice!

I read the first book. It had it's good points, but OH MY GOD I ALMOST KILLED MYSELF for most of the story.

My wife loves the books so much, and I said I'd take her, so there you go.

herodad1

i always wondered if the sparkle in sunight part had something to do with them feeling like granite.i really like the jacob black character and his werewolf pack buddies.i would jump/speed read through a lot of the romance/school stuff.i'm just a vampire/werewolf fan.