• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Switching sides

Started by BlueBard, September 25, 2008, 01:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

QuoteMassively: So one last question for Brian: we know there was a marketing survey that went out to players not too long ago, and there were a number of different questions, but one that we think players really attached to was the idea of players being able to switch sides. We wanted to know if this is something that's been taken up and noticed by the folks at NC Norcal, and whether or not you think that's something from your perspective that you guys might be able to address some time down the line?

Brian Clayton: We're going to be doing more and more in-depth focus groups and research, and things like that, going forward, so eventually I think this is going to become more noise for the community than it is groundbreaking news! But what I can say is that having players go from hero to villain, and villain to hero, would nicely tie together what we've already done to date with City of Heroes and City of Villains. We certainly like the concept and the idea, but we're just not ready to talk about the details yet.

Boo.  That's the one feature I really want more than most of the others.  I even created villains for the express purpose of switching sides later.  And it sounds like it won't happen until some time after Issue 15.