• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Service pack 3?

Started by USAgent, September 19, 2008, 03:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USAgent

Just got my update anouncment for Service Pack 3, and I just want to check to see if anybody had downloaded it and if so, any issues with FF or FFV3R?

Panther_Gunn

Still on SP1 here.   :thumbup:

Seriously, the jury's still out on this one (and it's been out since June).  As long as you've been keeping current all of the other updates (and it couldn't hurt to go to the Microsoft Update page & get some of the non-critical updates), I don't see a hurry to get SP3.  Give it plenty of time to get all of the bugs shaken out of it before you decide.

the_ultimate_evil

the weird thing is i just got service pack 1 for vista

the main FFvsTTR game runs but the character tool and ffx don't :(

edit got it working :D

stumpy

You got both of them working? Did you have to do anything special to get FFX working? It might be useful to post it and maybe the installer can do some of the work next time, or at least we can include a note for Vista users in the installation readme.

BTW, which version of Vista are you running, 32 or 64 bit?

Epimethee

Yes, it would be useful info, TUE. I wanted to take this into account when updating the installer for FFX 3.3, but I don't have Vista and reports varied depending on the version (32/64-bit, basic/premium/ultimate/business, localization, service pack, phase of the Moon, etc.)

BTW, does the FFX Control Centre works correctly?

Thanks.

(Sorry for the threadjack, Panther.)

Xenolith

I'm using Vista and haven't had any problems with any FF-related programs.  I don't really know what I'm doing, either.  :)  Lucky, I guess.

the_ultimate_evil

i'm going to honest guys i'm not sure i just ran both as administrator once and then took that off and both have worked. ffx can vary on it's load time though

Podmark

Guys I'm running Vista basic 32bit, with service pack 1 just installed. The character tool and FFX control center both run fine. I haven't tried FFvTTR or FFX yet but if there's any issue I'll let you know.

Previsionary

Quote from: Podmark on September 20, 2008, 10:01:11 AM
Guys I'm running Vista basic 32bit, with service pack 1 just installed. The character tool and FFX control center both run fine. I haven't tried FFvTTR or FFX yet but if there's any issue I'll let you know.

Shouldn't be any issues. I've installed pretty much every update for vista 32 bit and everything FFVTTR related works.

Finding_Scotty

I'd totally forgotten about Freedom Force until I saw an old file on my computer when cleaning up the other day - have just bought Vs 3rd Reich - exciting times!

BUT has anyone had problems with SP3? Also, is the original working on SP3 now too?

Been away a LONG time from FF! Hope someone can get me back up to speed!

Lunarman

You really should get any service pack updates, without them you are seriously putting your Comp at risk.

Lionheart

I'm running Vista 64 on my new machine. FFvTTR works fine, as does the character tool and FFX.

However, when I installed XP SP3 on my older machine, FF1 quit working altogether, including the character tool. Unfortunately, I needed SP3 for another application (higher need), so I'm out of FF1 now on that machine.

I haven't tried FF1 in Vista yet.

tommyboy

I just updated to XP SP3 tonight, and FF, ctool, FFv3R and ctool2 all seem to be working OK so far.