• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Huh? OK now I'm havin a real problem! I need help!

Started by Blkcasanova247, September 03, 2008, 08:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkcasanova247

So I just installed nifskope 1.0.12 and when I loaded it I got the message....QGLContext::generateFontDisplayLists: Could not generate display lists for font 'MS Shell Dlg 2'. What the heck is this and is it a problem?

Blkcasanova247

Now I am having a real problem with Nifskope and I really need help figuring out what the frak happened! Here's where I'm at now...I uninstalled 1.0.12 and reinstalled 1.0.6  and everytime I open Nifskope it'll take me 2 or 3 times trying to load a character before I can actually see it (I also can't double click on a nif and see the character nif load)....other wise this is what I get.....

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I'm totally frustrated now and I can't keep workin this way...I'm lossin it cause I'm so angry right now :banghead: :angry:....HELP!

GogglesPizanno

You might try uninstalling again, deleting the folder entirely and then reinstalling again.
I have had weird experiences with Nifskope installs in the past as well. Always takes a bit of fumbling. and there always seems to be some leftover files floating around.

Also, you should try right clicking on a nif file, selecting properties, and then changing the "Open with" application to make sure that the nif file format is registered with nifskope. Uninstalling may have cleared that.

tommyboy

I make a different folder every time I install a new version, to avoid this type of thing.

Blkcasanova247

Hey GP.....I did that....all of what ya recomended before ...and I was still getting that. :( And you're right Tom...I shoulda done that. :doh: