• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Disaster Movie (Iron Man, Batman, Hulk, Hellboy, Hancock)

Started by lugaru, August 29, 2008, 03:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lugaru

Has anyone seen the trailer for Disaster Movie yet? I'm hoping this movie is the one that finally kills off this series of films. Each one gets dumber than the last but enough people go see them for the producers to turn a profit. This one looks to have a little bit more of a budget and absolutely no jokes that I could identify so hopefully, I wish, that this one finally tanks. And yeah, I'm a huge supporter of the "why not?" philosophy when it comes to adaptations, remakes, parodies and sequels but seriesly this series has been a hate crime against cinema afficionados since it started.

BWPS

<_< These movies never die, because there are so many morons who go see them. It makes me sad every time I see a preview.  :banghead:

But now's my chance to bring up an issue: Superhero Movie was one of the funniest comedies I've seen in a while. It actually parodied Spider-Man, rather than just showing look-a-likes of every movie character and celebrity they could think of just showing them over and over without making any joke about anything. I laughed out loud, non-stop. I decided not to see it at first because someone on here said that it was like Date Movie and Epic Movie. The only similarity is the title, this movie actually has funny stuff in it. There's one short scene where he goes to see professor X which is kind of lame because it has Pam Anderson in it. It's more akin to Scary Movie 3 then Epic/Date/Meet The Spartans Movie. BUt it's really great because it just parodies everything about the first Spider-Man. I highly recommend it.

Tomato

I'm afraid I must disagree with you completely BWPS. Superhero movie was one of the few movies of that series I've ever bothered to watch (along with pits and pieces of the scary ones on dvd or tv that I'll se before flipping off) and I left the theater wishing I hadn't. There is so much potential for parady (*cough*I'm a Marvel series*cough*) in these movies that to have a movie filled with a plethora of jokes relating to Wannabe-Spidey's buttocks was ridiculous. Admittedly there were a few jokes I remember enjoying (though I don't remember them now, it's been awhile) overall it was a complete travesty to me, just due to the wasted potential.

As someone who's written a little bit of comedy here and there (admittedly just dinky text humor, but still) there's so much more to humor that to settle for this kind of insanity is as stupid as the butt jokes they're so fond of.

Jakew

I tried to watch Epic Movie during a flight. It was horrible. I was literally squirming in my seat.

These movies are actually so bad they're a bit offensive to me.

Protomorph

This is yet another in a series of horrible movies that portend to be parodies of movies. Like Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie and Date Movie before it, it looks terrible. (I cannot include Superhero Movie in that list, because it wasn't made by those guys, but rather a Zucker with a parody pedigree spanning three decades.)

The writers of these 4 movies worked on the Scary Movie films, and for some reason think they can make full films now. But instead they feel the need to ruin the parody movie genre altogether. The reason, besides the lack of humor, is the inclusion of pop culture and Reality TV to their list of things to make fun of. Jokes at the expense of these things are completely misplaced in a movie that makes fun of movies. Even if the jokes were actually funny, which they aren't.

The wife and I watched Meet the Spartans. during the film, I saw the momentum come to a screeching halt each and every time they pulled this garbage. American Idol, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Next Top Model, etc. Whenever one of these would start, I would take a notice at the beginning and end to see if the scenes could be removed without much effort, and continue the pace unfettered. Up till the point where PAris Hilton was introduced as the hunchback, every one could be. After the film, we felt so dirty, we had to watch BASEketball, just to inject something funny into our evening.

BWPS

Quote from: Protomorph on August 29, 2008, 01:18:07 PMAfter the film, we felt so dirty, we had to watch BASEketball, just to inject something funny into our evening.

NICE! That's a movie that seems like no one else has seen or likes, but it's definitely funny.

TheMarvell

these movies aren't even parodies anymore. It's just "let's make fun of every movie that's come out in 2008 so far and any celebrity crap that's happened" movie. It's called "Disaster Movie" so you'd think it'd parody movies like Dante's Peak or Armageddon, but instead it's making fun of...Juno? and Batman, Hulk, Iron Man, Amy Whinehouse, 10,000 BC, Hancock, Indiana Jones, You Don't Mess with the Zohan, and Sex and the City (which is the only part that made me laugh when I saw the preview). Out of all those movies...NONE of them fit the disaster title, unless of course the title is referring to the movie being a disaster itself, which still isn't clever because after the 20 they've made so far it's obvious it will be awful.

These are just annoying now. They should just call it "2008 Movie" and change the year each time.

lugaru

Quote from: TheMarvell on August 30, 2008, 01:08:50 AM
These are just annoying now. They should just call it "2008 Movie" and change the year each time.

That would make a lot more sense.

One critic I listen to basically said of these movies that they dont even have jokes... a joke will be Amy Winehouse walking up and saying "I'm Amy Winehouse" and then watching something happen to her. Then say Iron-man will pop up like "Im Ironman" and he gets crushed by a cow. And it just keeps going, beating the one part that I hate about family guy into the ground (the hey look, we are making a reference! bit).

Midnight

UnkoMan

At the same time, I really want to make a movie called Movie Movie or Not Another Movie Movie that parodies these movies.

No, really. It would be great.