• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

New Hero Files w/ Heavy Doses of FFX

Started by TaskMasterX, August 08, 2008, 12:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaskMasterX

I finally got a new hero file pack uploaded. I heavily updated the existing A, X, Y and Z, added B, and also added FF characters that have been converted to the same power scale as the other hero files. So, no more Liberty Lad beating Captain America 9 out of 10 times. ^_^

Check out some of the different ways to use the new FFX Grapple Swaps and FF Active Defense Attribute. Watch as Thor detects projectiles being fired at him and uses his Twirl Hammer animation to deflect them and then as soon as the animation is over, so is the Deflecting Defence! See Cap charge a group of nazis and when they fire at him, he'll pause for a few seconds behind his shield, then resume the charge while they reload! Also, with M25's new feature to change the AI's timer, you can really simulate those speedsters much better. See if you can catch Quicksilver! And, there's a ton of examples using the grapple and throw swaps and alot more.

I updated the Mesh Lists (there's one in each Hero File Letter Folder). Now they contain hundreds of links to where the meshes, keyframes, and skins are that the hero files use.

Oh yeah, and I also updated the Conversion Document. It's much shorter now that I merged the DC stats to the Marvel ones. It also has several new charts and rules to stay up to date with FFX.

Xenolith

Neat.  I'll check 'em out.  I've yet to set up any grapple or throws, and I didn't realize that was how FF Active Defense worked.  Cool.  Thanks.

USAgent

Great update!  I am soooo looking forward to some free time to watch your hero files/AI in action.  Your descriptions of how they will act sound amazing.  Your a genius when it comes to getting character acting just how they should.  I love checking out how you set up your M25Ai files.  And I can't tell you how helpful those links are gonna be.

Only 21 letters to go.

TaskMasterX

Quote from: Xenolith on August 08, 2008, 02:06:13 PM
I've yet to set up any grapple or throws, and I didn't realize that was how FF Active Defense worked.
Alot of characters are using various grapple swaps. Take a look at Blacklash. He's using several of the swaps all by himself. You may also notice that I used the frozen to tangle swap on characters that use ice powers. This is because the normal Frozen state looks "unrealistic" when it freezes a flier as a big block of ice is somehow suspended in the air containing the flier. The tangle swap will cause fliers to fall to the ground and you can use any FX (like a block of ice) to be placed on the target, so these swaps are highly customizable.
The FF Active Defense can use any duration, not just the normal 10, 20, and 30 seconds. So you can setup a character's AD to only be as long as the animation. No more twirling a hammer to reflect projectiles, and then when the animation ends, he's still reflecting projectiles. :P Also, you can set the animation to be locked so it looks like the character is concentrating on holding up their AD.
Plus, with M25's new adjustable AI delay feature and the new TDeflectProjectiles Tactic, you can increase their reaction times and detect incoming projectiles to use their AD.

Speaking of Thor, I neglected to add his unfettered_might power for his Megablast to the powers.dat file. You can add it by opening up FFEdit, clicking the Powers Tab, then clicking the New button.
Power Name: unfettered_might
Attack Type: Ranged
Attack Sub Type: Explosive Projectile
Magnitude: Very High
Damage: Energy
EP Cost: High
Speed: Fast
Stun: Medium
Knockback: Medium
Range: Long
Accuracy: Very High
Radius: Small
Attached FX: silvercachitte_chainlightning
Animation: ranged_3

Another thing you might notice, is that I adding a Swat Flier attack to several of the "giant" characters. I used the same method I've been using for creating the flying_melee animations to create an animation that can hit fliers for giants. All I did was make a copy of the melee animation that looked like the character was swinging in the air rather than swinging down to the ground, or stomping, etc. Then I changed it to use leave_hand rather than contact, so it could be used as a ranged Power. Then created the projectile power using that animation. It looks really cool watching the giants swat the fliers that get to close out of the air.

Blitzgott

TaskmasterX, I tried installing your hero files, but I'm having a little problem.

Let's say I try, for example, to install the x-men cyclops hero file. Even though I have the required mesh, when I place the hero file in my Custom/Heroes folder and launch the game, the hero file appears, but without the mesh. If I use MrBrdo's Hero Tool, I can make it work, but because it was designed to work with the first game, Cyclops' cone attack becomes a projectile attack.

I have the same problem with USAgent's hero files and, well, any hero file I download.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind.