• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Animation & things

Started by Tomato, July 24, 2008, 10:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

I posted this requestish thing on Meshmasters ( :P ) earlier today (before I spent 6 hours at work, blah) but I'd like to extend the request here as well (and possibly add a few more later on).

The first thing is that I'm starting to become at least semi-competent at meshing, but I literally have no idea how to animate with Max 5 at all. I'm running around google in the hope of finding something on my own, but I was curious if any more seasoned meshers knew any I could take a look at. I'm especially curious about the method of shrinking objects in and out for certain animations (sheathing a sword for instance).

yell0w_lantern

There was a document in one of the Yahoo groups for FF1. I'll dig around for it.

Previsionary

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on July 25, 2008, 09:50:40 AM
There was a document in one of the Yahoo groups for FF1. I'll dig around for it.

If you're talking about that simple pdf that had a few tips and tricks for FF meshing and animation...That TOO would be in the ever so convenient and useful: List of Tutorials thread.

yell0w_lantern

Quote from: Previsionary on July 25, 2008, 10:25:30 AM
Quote from: yell0w_lantern on July 25, 2008, 09:50:40 AM

If you're talking about that simple pdf that had a few tips and tricks for FF meshing and animation...That TOO would be in the ever so convenient and useful: List of Tutorials thread.
Yep, that's it!
QuoteTo make an object 'disapear' the best way is to scale at 100% in one frame, then down to 0.2% on the
next. I have found that it is a good idea to double up the scale markers - Frame 9 mark at 100%, frame
10 mark at 100%, frame 11 mark at 0.2%, frame 12 mark at 0.2%. This will make the object disappear
at frame 11. NOTE: do not scale down to 0%.

I use .001 for the scale.