• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

I feel a writing challenge coming on . . .

Started by Uncle Yuan, June 10, 2008, 09:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Yuan

It's been a while since we've had one, but the last couple were kind of small.

If I set up a challenge, would you be interested in participating?  I think we'd need at least a solid five, six participants to make it work.

Any ideas about the theme or guidelines that you feel strongly about?  (I have what I think is a pretty good theme in mind, but I could be persuaded.)

Previsionary

Yuan, if a new challenge came about, I might be able to enter (depending on my schedule as I barely have time to free-write these days).

As for themes, I don't know. I'll think of a couple, but I don't think FR has done any animal themes at all. For example, the main character must be based off of an animal or actually be an animal...or something. Yeah, I'll keep working on that.  ^_^

ow_tiobe_sb

I'd be interested (in being either a participant or a judge), provided that the deadline does not fall in June.  My family and I will be traveling for a time at the end of June, and we will be making the necessary preparations to do so over the next few weeks.  Consequently, I would not have sufficient time to produce anything worthy of the challenge until later in July.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

Alaric

I'd be interested. Starting Friday, I'll be away for about a week, but after that, definitely interested- assuming the theme inspires me.

RTTingle

I'd say just go ahead and do the challenge, no need to ask who'd participate --- just give ample enough time for it.

If you challenge --- they will write.

RTT

thalaw2

Now that I have my extra 80 minutes a week...I'm in.

ow_tiobe_sb

For your consideration:

Theme Suggestion: "No Rest for the Wicked"

Retirement proves difficult for a once prominent villain(/group of villains) who returns to the limelight to plague [INSERT YOUR HERO/ES HERE].  Perhaps the villain is aging but still spry enough to cause major trouble for the hero; perhaps the villain is reformed but succumbs to the temptation to commit crime again.  Whatever the case may be, your story should feature this villain (and the tale could be told from his or her perspective) and explore the causes and ramifications of this criminal renaissance.  Everything else is up to you.

I leave it to UY and others to agree upon word limit, deadlines, etc.

As a possible prize for the winner, I'll offer to create a custom mesh of your villain (though, I think I would still like to be a participant...one who finishes by the deadline...for once...).

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

Uncle Yuan

If those who responded do submit, we should have a good enough showing.  I'll set up the official challenge soon.

Cdub

Failed_Hero

Uncle Yuan

thalaw2