• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog (whaaaa?)

Started by Glitch Girl, June 30, 2008, 09:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

http://www.drhorrible.com/

Apparently this is going to be an internet mini series that will air for a limited time in July  (starting July 15th to be exact)

Why should you care?

Well...

Apaprently this is Joss Whedon's latest project,a supervillain musical. 

Color me intrigued.   

There are also a few familiar faces involved in the project, but I leave them for you to discover.   There's a "Master Plan" on the site that semi-sorta explains everything, plus a trailer that explains even less.  Still, looks goofy and possibly entertaining (and rather low budget, but hey isn't that one of the main ingredients in good camp?)  We shall see I guess.

BWPS

I was sold the second I saw Barney Stinson. NPH is hilarious.

lugaru

I'll say what I alway say... "why not?"

If it's good I'll watch, if not I'll just ignore it.

Now on some level it I expected it to be like Doktor Sleepless but that's extremely unlikely. Still I got some vibe...

Glitch Girl

Dark Horse Presents posted a tie-in comic featuring Captain Hammer. 

My, isn't he a charmer.  ;)

UnkoMan

Glitch Girl

Reminder: Tomorrow is launch day.  Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Just saw episode 1.  Takes a bit to get to the songs, but they're good ones.  (the freeze ray song is probably my favorite of the lot)  Looking forward to parts 2 and 3

"It's curtains for you!  Lacey... wafting... curtains."  -Captain Hammer

UnkoMan

A wonderful world of lovable losers. I'm definately going to continue watching.

Alaric

Glitch Girl

Apparently the server's being hammered.  There're a few notes on it on http://www.doctorhorrible.net 

Midnight

MJB

Podmark

bredon7777

My ONLY complaint is that they didn't have the words on the bottom so we could, y'know- sing along?

Alaric

Heh.

My only complaint is that it's not a regular, on-going series...

Ajax

Second episode is up and the final song is greatness. Is it wrong that I'm loving this?

MJB

Bah! Beat to the punch by Ajax!

The second episode was great. Lots of funny lines. Some catchy tunes and a cliffhanger that leaves me itchin' for part 3.

"Billy? Your driving a spork into your leg."
"So I am. Hilarious."

-MJB

GogglesPizanno

I am utterly enthralled...
Its fantastic.
Its like the evil Peter Parker scene...only so much better.

MJB

I just want to know when NPH became so awesome?

-MJB

catwhowalksbyhimself

It's fun, it's original, and it's well done.

GogglesPizanno

QuoteI just want to know when NPH became so awesome?

Honestly, I'd say when he took the role as himself in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle and started tweaking with his image and breaking with the Doogie Howser thing in a really funny self referential way. He's turned his "anti Neil Patrick Harris" persona into an art form.

MJB

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on July 16, 2008, 11:06:34 PM
QuoteI just want to know when NPH became so awesome?

Honestly, I'd say when he took the role as himself in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle and started tweaking with his image and breaking with the Doogie Howser thing in a really funny self referential way. He's turned his "anti Neil Patrick Harris" persona into an art form.

You could be right. I don't know what has turned NPH into a awesome star that is full of awesomeness.

"Oh, goodness. Look at my wrist, I gotta go."

"But what about your clothes?"

"I don't love these, see ya!" *leaves*

-MJB

Glitch Girl

"...apparently the LAPD and Captain Hammer are among our viewers." 
:D

I am so loving this.  Must get DVD and lyric sheet asap.

The cowboy chorus is a riot.

bredon7777

Must get mp3's.

Singing "Brand New Day" all day. :)

Cant wait for part 3

Alaric

Podmark

Was a little meh on the first one but the second one totally won me over.

Favorite part: "These aren't the hammer...."

lugaru

really like this so far, I hope it is a success for them.

Ajax

[spoiler]Woh. What a downer ending.[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

[spoiler]Yeah, the ending surprised me too, but it basically turns the whole thing into an origin story, as the wanna be villain, but still basically average guy is transformed by this tragedy into a real, evil, comic book villain.  It's quite depressing, but it brings it back to its comic book roots.  The whole thing feels like an old fashioned villain origin story.[/spoiler]

MJB

Loved the ending. Didn't see it coming at all.

-MJB

catwhowalksbyhimself

I mean, how else was it supposed to end?  Any other way wouldn't have felt right.

[spoiler]Dr. Horrible quitting his evil career?  Penny being okay with it?  Nothing else actually makes a whole lot of sense.  It caught me by surprise, but it really was the only way to end it.[/spoiler]

EDIT:  I was reading an interview, and Josh said he got a paniced call from his webhost shortly after it went live that they recorded 1000 people trying to log on in a single second.

After the website got back up (amazing it was done so fast, since they completely relocated to a new server) they were getting 200,000 hits an hour.

Pretty successful, I would say.