• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Fan Edits... Anyone else watch them?

Started by Alphanaut, June 26, 2008, 02:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alphanaut

I was just wondering if anybody else here watched and/or made fan edits of movies. I've became a fan of these of late, watching things ranging from T3 to a re-cut version of Superman 3 and 4 into one movie. A lot of okay and terrible movies, with a little bit of tweaking become great and watchable fan edits, respectively. So anyone else watch these sort of things?

GogglesPizanno

I actually have a soft spot for them.
I haven't seen too many but I try and find them where I can.
I even took a stab at Episode 1 myself, partly out of creative curiosity, but also to annoy my boss who is a huge star wars fanboy.
Its actually pretty fun to try and do if you have the time and energy... and it came out better than I thought it would.

Though the sheer number of Star Wars edits is astronomical...

I once thought that Maybe you could put Superman I and II back together as a single film....
Then I saw Richard Donner's Directors Cut (which really IMO is a fan edit done by the director) and decided not.... The superman 3/4 mix sounds intriguing though.

I heard about the Terminator ones but haven't tried to track them down.
Mainly cause I'm one of the few people that in some ways likes T3 better than T2 so I would rather prefer a T2 re-edit.

Now My friend and I have said the only reason we would pick up Indian Jones and the Crystal Skull on DVD was to try and salvage something out of it... He says it cant be done. I see it as a possible challenge  ;)

docdelorean88

I've been trying to track one down, it was a fan edit that put all three back to the future films into one. The superman one sounds interesting though!

GogglesPizanno

QuoteI've been trying to track one down, it was a fan edit that put all three back to the future films into one. The superman one sounds interesting though!

That would be funny just for the magical appearance of Elizabeth Shue.

captainspud

Matrix Reloaded + Matrix Revolutions in one 2.5 hour movie = a decent Matrix sequel.

EDIT: Also, what's with all the people in this thread with no avatars? It's downright eerie. PUT ON SOME PANTS, YA SICKOS!

GogglesPizanno

QuoteMatrix Reloaded + Matrix Revolutions in one 2.5 hour movie = a decent Matrix sequel.

Assuming you mean 2 hours and 15 minutes of Reloaded and 15 minutes of revolutions, then I totally agree.

QuoteAlso, what's with all the people in this thread with no avatars? It's downright eerie. PUT ON SOME PANTS, YA SICKOS!

It adds to our air of mystery....
And the breeze feels nice.

Alphanaut

Some edits I would personally recommend:

* Superman Redeemed: For anyone that was dissapointed with either Superman 3 or 4, bits from both and a scene or two from Superman 2 were fashioned together to make a really great movie
* Star Wars Revisited: The guy who did the work on this went overboard and improved the overall film quality to surpass every single updated release Lucasfilm has ever made. Not much, if any story changed but a ton of graphical updates.

Protomorph

I have made a couple of these in the past. I did a 6 hour Back to the Future edit, back in the early 90's. I also made an edit of Pulp Fiction, putting it in chronological order.

I should check out some of these.

docdelorean88

You still have that bttf edit, i would love it if it can be released?