• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Syn's stuff...

Started by UnfluffyBunny, January 31, 2007, 06:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnfluffyBunny

yes indeed you can make money, I sold a custom full body skin last night for 5000L which translates into about $20 (I will say I wasnt asking that much, that's what the guy insisted on paying me)

UnfluffyBunny

update:

the full armour

the rifle

boss showing the vibroblades and delta squad helmets

The Pwime

Blkcasanova247

Very..very nice!  :thumbup:

UnfluffyBunny

thanks for the comments guys :)
I should mention sl only allows you to buiild with primitive shapes (spheres, boxes, tubes etc) and the entire thing ai around 600 of these @_@ and somewhere in the region of 150 scripts

Kommando

I get the hint, I'll work on the gun...  :rolleyes:

MJB

Tommy Troy

Love  :wub: the Iron Man!  I bet that red color would be fine if you added a yellow-orange glow or reflection channel.   :)   

Deaths Jester

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on June 08, 2007, 02:26:30 AM
thanks for the comments guys :)
I should mention sl only allows you to buiild with primitive shapes (spheres, boxes, tubes etc) and the entire thing ai around 600 of these @_@ and somewhere in the region of 150 scripts

Only primitivie shapes and only 600 of those?!?!?!?  Mein gott, to get such a grand work out of such limits, I commend ye Syn...ye truly are showing how grand ye are.

UnfluffyBunny

about a 2 hour in total project character concept of an atlantean

just pumping out some stuff to pad my portfolio a lil >_>

imagecave compression kills skin detail and I seem to be locked out of FA webspace >_>

[edit]
additional image, a sign I put together for secondlife club 66

(yes those are twileks, it's in a star wars sim, yes I know they're a littly blurry, it's intentional, big billboard style sign)

UnfluffyBunny

30 minutes of random boredom

zuludelta

Nice... I take it you used Mudbox for these? Not too familiar with the program... is it purely a sculpting tool or can it be used to rig and animate models as well? Also, what's the polycount on these guys?

Kommando

Polycount can get up there in mud.  I wouldn't be surprise if those were made from 65536 poly spheres.

Kommando

Oh and its pretty much for modelling, though could can export as an OBJ file and assemble and rig in another program.  if you want to have a lower poly count for something like FF (where the detail would be pretty meh, then its easy enough to do.  But then use a high poly Obj and texture it in something like Bodypaint.

UnfluffyBunny

it's like clay sculpture with an oops button :P
at one point is built up male heavy with it with plans of baking a base skin, but the files are somewhere in the depth of a 250HD >_>

GhostMachine

Awesome work, Syn.

I've tried both Second Life and Kaneva and can't get into either one, for some reason.

Kommando

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on July 25, 2007, 01:52:15 AM
it's like clay sculpture with an oops button :P
at one point is built up male heavy with it with plans of baking a base skin, but the files are somewhere in the depth of a 250HD >_>

If you ever find it, let me know and I may be able to bake the skin.

UnfluffyBunny

following my atlantean concpet, king neptune
(click for larger version, still crappy quality, I hate my web provider still -_-)

UnfluffyBunny

not really art, but something i'm working on in SL, took a random pic cos I liked the angle :P

UnfluffyBunny

Deaths Jester

Ohhh...the angels/demons look a bit cold mate...maybe they need something to wear.  :P

UnfluffyBunny

proof that i'm still alive! started working on this texture about an hour and a half ago, lil slow for me but i've not really got a plan / direction

UnkoMan

The stuff you do for this game is really quite spectacular.

UnfluffyBunny

thankyou :) tho the last piece isn't for secondlife, just some texture practice / portfolio filling