• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Binding Mouse Buttons

Started by Shinigurai, May 11, 2008, 09:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinigurai

I just installed the original FF with 1.3 Patch and for some reason when I hold down the middle mouse button the game makes the "shooooop" sound like it's activating camera zoom, but when I move the mouse the camera doesn't rotate. I've turned on the rotating camera option and still nothing. I don't have a clue how to fix this and it's annoying as hell. I've tried to find the file where FF saves the key binds in order to manually edit Mouse 3 to Camera Zoom (default R&L Alt), but I can't find THAT anywhere. Someone please tell me that you have a clue on how to resolve this or at least the file for key binds. Thanks!

Lunarman

I tried changing the zoom binding on FFVTTR today,but it wouldn't even recognise pushing the mouse wheel. Could you rotate the camera with the mouse wheel before?

GogglesPizanno

I may be totally wrong here but I thought the only thing you could use the mouse wheel for was zooming in and out. If you could use it to rotate the camera, I never figured out how to do it.

Shinigurai

I'm pretty sure that I always used to hold down Mouse 3 to be able to rotate the camera by moving the mouse. It feels really natural when I'm not thinking and try to do it.

Previsionary

I think you may be misremembering. You can zoom in and out but not rotate the camera without holding alt. At least that's how I've always remembered it.

stumpy

I have the same experience: the mouse wheel has always been zoom. Not that it might not be useful to map the middle button to Alt, but I don't know how to do it.