• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

FFX 3.2.2 Update

Started by TaskMasterX, April 07, 2008, 02:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yell0w_lantern

Quote from: TaskMasterX on April 18, 2008, 03:29:30 PM
Okay, I fixed Battle Computer (I think) and gave it a rehaul. Instead of getting 4 slots for existing targets and having the ability to add one during a mission, now you have a total of 5 slots that you can place targets in to have at the beginning of the mission (or you can have all or some of your slots empty at the beginning) and you can overwrite them with new ones during a mission. You can overwrite slots as many times as you want during a mission.
When using the Add Target to Database command on a target, you then rt.-click on the target again and get a list of slots 1-5. If you've added targets in your Battle Computer in ffxcustom2.py, then their name will appear in that slot (i.e. Slot 1: Captain America, Slot 2: Daredevil, Slot 3: , Slot 4: , Slot 5: )
Click the slot you want to add the target too. You can choose an empty slot or overwrite and existing target's slot. The newly added target's name will then replace the ones you overwrote or be added to the empty slot.
Once a target is overwritten, that target must be re-entered into the database to get the bonuses against that character, even if they are in the ffxcustom2.py customization list. Now, of course, if you restart the mission then the targets in the ffxcustom2.py list will again be the default targets in the database.
If, during the process of overwriting a target with a new target, you get stunned, or enraged, etc., the Battle Computer will corrupt the data of the original target and not be able to add the new data. You no longer get the bonus against the original target but the entry is still there in the slot. So basically it's an empty slot, but still shows the name of the original target. You can re-enter new data into that slot.
Basically everything else works the same.

You can download the fix here:
Battle Computer Update

Make sure you update your existing customization for Battle Computer in the new ffxcustom2.py file to have 5 slots for targets instead of 4.

Well, now I can't add anybody to the battlecomputer in Campaign or Rumble Room.
I copied and pasted the new code in to FFX.py and changed ffxcustom2.py but no dice.

[EDIT]
It has now started working in Rumble Room for no apparent reason.

yell0w_lantern

[BUMP]
Still not working in Campaign Mode. Adding to the Database is not even an option.

TaskMasterX

Sorry for the delay, YL. I tried it out myself and I'm not sure what's preventing the commands to appear on enemies in Camp. Mode. I see that the attribute is initialized but no commands. Unfortunately, I don't play Camp. mode much at all so maybe there's something I'm missing? Do other FFX attributes that add commands appear to be working? Are there any known issues with FFX commands not appearing in Camp. Mode?

yell0w_lantern

I double-checked and other custom commands come up fine.

TaskMasterX

Okay, thanks YL. I'll look into this more and hopefully have a solution for the next update.

yell0w_lantern

Grapple, tangle wire , et cetera are not available as swaps in the Control Centre. How do I set them then?

TaskMasterX

Yes, because the grapple Mod is in it's own module - grapple.py, and not part of ffx.py, they won't appear in FFXCC. You'll need to edit ffxcustom.py manually. The manual has more details on this.
I would have put the grapple mod in ffx.py (actually it started out there) but we recently discovered a size limit for the ffx.py, so I had to put it in it's own module. Eventually, Epimethee the Great will find a way to update the FFXCC to include the ffxcustom2.py customs and get it to see other modules! ^_^

yell0w_lantern

Sorry, I guess I didn't read closely enough.
I have the swaps set-up for Hulk and Spidey now.
The damage option on tangle wire doesn't seem to work though. Works fine for grapple.

AfghanAnt

Did anyone else notice that living laser does not use the custom fxs when you change it?

TaskMasterX

Living Laser is working for me. I just tried Nightcrawler's Teleport Strike and it works perfectly. Can you post your customization and any errors in your script.log?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: TaskMasterX on June 06, 2008, 04:01:41 AM
Living Laser is working for me. I just tried Nightcrawler's Teleport Strike and it works perfectly. Can you post your customization and any errors in your script.log?

So I tried it again and this was the only thing in my log:

on hero_2 of template custom_template_74 (thor (ultimate))
inittoughguy2: char=<hero_2>
inittoughguy2: initializing for hero_2
initAttribsForChar (thor (ultimate)): looking at attribute weathercontrol
execInitAttrib: init weathercontrol attribute
initAttribsForChar (thor (ultimate)): looking at attribute livinglaser
execInitAttrib: init livinglaser attribute

Frodo58

Will this work on the mac?

Epimethee

Using Bootcamp, yes. But the game (Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich) this mod is for was never released for Mac OS X.

Frodo58

Well I'm dumb not knowing that it was for FFvsT3R :doh:

Thanks for that man

Epimethee

The original FFX is also available for the first game at www.fundamentzero.com. However, it's using a PC executable installer. More importantly, file paths for the game resources (meshes, FXes, etc.) would require editing, and the FFEdit game resources editor was never released for the MAc AFAIK.

Xenolith

I just downloaded 3.2, 3.2.1, and 3.2.2 (new computer) and I was going to install them but then began to wonder if 3.3 is just around the corner or not?  If it is, I'll just wait for it.  If not, I'll install the 3.2 series.  Thanks, guys.

TaskMasterX

Yes, FFX 3.3 is currently being worked on, and may be released later this month (crosses fingers). But, I think FFX 3.3 may require the previous updates to work correctly, so you may want to go ahead and install them. I'll have to research this to be sure though.

justintyme2174

I'm trying to set up the energy redirector attribute for use with Captain Atom but it doesn't seem to be working.  I created the powers in FFEdit and followed the directions in the FFX manula for setting it up.  Captain Atom absorbs the attacks and the twinkle effects play and he gains the custom commands to use the absorbed powers but when I try to use the powrs nothing happens.  This is how I have it set up:

["captain atom","effect_ffx_energysparks","erExplode","energy blast","ca energy blast","nuclear blast","ca nuclear blast","electric redirection","ca electric blast","","",""],

TaskMasterX

It looks like you don't have the customizations in the correct spots. The spot after "erExplode" should have the name of the actual explosion power, not "energy blast".
It should look like this:
["captain atom","effect_ffx_energysparks","erExplode","EXPLOSION POWER","energy blast","ca energy blast","nuclear blast","ca nuclear blast","electric redirection","ca electric blast","",""],

Just change EXPLOSION POWER to the name of the Area Power in FFEdit you want to trigger when he absorbs to much energy.

justintyme2174

Quote from: TaskMasterX on July 07, 2008, 04:33:37 AM
It looks like you don't have the customizations in the correct spots. The spot after "erExplode" should have the name of the actual explosion power, not "energy blast".
It should look like this:
["captain atom","effect_ffx_energysparks","erExplode","EXPLOSION POWER","energy blast","ca energy blast","nuclear blast","ca nuclear blast","electric redirection","ca electric blast","",""],

Just change EXPLOSION POWER to the name of the Area Power in FFEdit you want to trigger when he absorbs to much energy.

Thanks, I figured it was something simple.  The manual doesn't mention the "EXPLOSION POWER".  It says after the side effect, you put the command for the first power.

TaskMasterX

Thanks for the heads up. I'll update the manual for the next FFX version.

Xenolith

Would it be possible to provide the new version as an upgrade and a full program with all versions?  Thanks.

BentonGrey

This may not be the right spot for this, but I have a suggestion for a new FFX attribute.  What about a "King" or "Controller" attribute, one which would give you a custom command that would allow you to take charge of the ambient characters in a level.  For example, you are playing a certain sea king on a level populated with fish and other aquatic beings set up as police, let's say.  He uses his custom command, and the various sealife comes running to him, and respond to basic commands like private army.  Would this be possible or viable?

Xenolith

I finally have everthing loaded!  :)
I think there is a problem with Defense Mechanism.  I'm not sure adrenalin surge is working right.  It seems to be adding to health and not energy.  Also, the manual and control center have some differences.  I hope I posted this in the right thread.  Also, what exactly is the parameter entry for?

TaskMasterX

Thanks, Xenolith. I'll double-check Adrenaline Surge.
Can you be more specific about the inconsistencies with the manual and the CC and where you're seeing the parameter entry.

Xenolith

Sure, IIRC, adrenalin surge is not in the manual.  Energy through pain is, which I assume was adrenalin surge?  I don't know.  I can look at it again tonight because I'm just going off the top of my head right now.