• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Doctor Who - Season 4 GUMBOTRON FIESTA!!!! OLE!!

Started by B A D, April 07, 2008, 09:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_ultimate_evil

BBC has announced to the uk doc who magazine and shown the first pictures of the doctors new assistant for 2010

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

GhostMachine

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on July 29, 2008, 11:43:04 AM
BBC has announced to the uk doc who magazine and shown the first pictures of the doctors new assistant for 2010

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Sure that isn't actually Tennant in drag?[/spoiler]

kkhohoho

I'm guessing this is a joke.  It is, right? :huh:

B A D

That  is a joke. Those photos are of Tennant appearing in some other weird show.

the_ultimate_evil

kkhohoho

B A D

Yes . Most of us are emotionally scarred by your henious act.

Kommando

I dunno, maybe their trying to appeal to the Jack Harkness fans.  Ten-Inch looks Hawt! :wub:

the_ultimate_evil

the photos are from a uk based show called rab c nesbitt

type rab c nesbitt david tennant into google and you'll see the video

bredon7777

It has been confirmed that Tennant will leave after the 4 specials.

Let the speculation on Eleven begin!

Volsung

Doctor who! I knew about that saga (4th doctor was aired in france long ago) but I only tried the recent 4 saisons recently.
And i'm quite a junkie now :) I'm watching around 2 episodes each day on my Ipod in the subway :D
I even went to the exhibition during that week end during my stay in London.
I'll have to try Torchwood aswell  :lol:

the_ultimate_evil

umm lets just say torchwood isn't as family friendly as doc who

Volsung

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on October 30, 2008, 06:52:26 AM
umm lets just say torchwood isn't as family friendly as doc who
That's what I've heard^^ I'll be cautious.

Too bad to hear that Tennant will leave.

B A D

Talavar

I'm sad now.   :(

I was really looking forward to the Stephen Moffat-led season; now I'm not quite so much.

Bujin

I'm a huge Tennant fan as well - I'm very bummed that he's leaving.   :(

AfghanAnt

Good riddance. I miss Nine anyway Ten always rubbed me the wrong way.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Strange.  I really, really loved the Tennant Doctor.  I want to know how they'll reconcile this and River.

bredon7777

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 30, 2008, 09:03:15 PM
Strange.  I really, really loved the Tennant Doctor.  I want to know how they'll reconcile this and River.

We were never going to see River again, frankly; but even if we were, it's easy enough to reconcile. The Doctor gave her a tour of his past lives, or in some other way described his look to her, knowing when he met her that she would need to know what he looked like at the time she met him.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteThe Doctor gave her a tour of his past lives, or in some other way described his look to her, knowing when he met her that she would need to know what he looked like at the time she met him.

Umm, no.  They were quite specific that he still looked the same when she knew him, only older.  In fact, she doesn't even realize it's his past self at first.

clownprince

i have been wacthing the good doc on tvcorn.com . its to bad about the ten leaving .

QuoteQuote
The Doctor gave her a tour of his past lives, or in some other way described his look to her, knowing when he met her that she would need to know what he looked like at the time she met him.

Umm, no.  They were quite specific that he still looked the same when she knew him, only older.  In fact, she doesn't even realize it's his past self at first

maybe the did a mindmeld and she's knows wat he looks like nomatter wat.  :unsure:

anywho, good show  :thumbup:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quotemaybe the did a mindmeld and she's knows wat he looks like nomatter wat.  unsure

Kindly read what I said.  She said specifically that when she knew him, he looked exactly the same only older.  When she saw him, it wasn't that she recognized a version of him she had known about before, she thought at first that he was exactly the same version from the same timeline after she had already traveled with him.  It wasn't until she got closer to him that she realized he was younger then she remembered him ever being.

GhostMachine

Tennant is leaving after the specials, not immediately. They could easily reconcile things by....."introducing" her (ie, showing how she first met the Doctor) then leaping ahead in time to when he regenerates.

I've read quite a few suggestions for the possible Eleventh Doctor, and don't care for many of them. If James Nesbitt, who is one of those I've heard mentioned, takes the role I may quit watching - he'd be a much better choice for the Master, if they somehow bring the character back. I've read several suggestions for John Simm to take the role, and I'd be fine with that if he hadn't already played the Master.

My top 2 choices? Hugh Laurie (if the rumors about House MD ending after next season are true, although it would open up room for all sorts of jokes....) or Robert Carlyle.

(Actually, someone brought up the idea that Simm as the Doctor could solve the problem that the Doctor is close to running out of regenerations; the Doctor and the Master switch bodies and the Master dies in the Doctor's body, leaving the Doctor trapped in the Master's body, but with more regenerations since the Master was given a new regeneration cycle; the new Doctor will be the next to last, since the 12th regeneration (what would be 12 into 13) is fatal, but I figure there are other ways to get around that)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, a leap forward is only the way I can think of doing it, other than a big cosmic event that either messes up the timeline totally, or perhaps just prematurely ages the Doctor.

bredon7777

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 02, 2008, 06:12:51 PM
Quotemaybe the did a mindmeld and she's knows wat he looks like nomatter wat.  unsure

Kindly read what I said.  She said specifically that when she knew him, he looked exactly the same only older. 

Actually, she didn't. (I was pretty sure you were wrong, since Moffat never struck me as the type of writer to leave a hole like that.  Viewing the episode confirmed it, but it took me till today to find an online transcript for verification).

The exact quote is :

Quote from: River Song
OK, shall we do diaries, then? Where are we this time? Uh, going by your face, I'd say it's early days for you.

And the only other mention is:
Quote from: River Song
Nah, but you are. Your eyes. You're younger than I've ever seen you.

Neither one of which comes close to 'Wow. You look exactly the same as when I met you, only older.'.

Which brings us right back to my explanation.  When The Doctor gets involved with her, he makes sure to explain to her what his earlier incarnation looks like. And the eyes comment can be easily explained by the fact that when The Doctor meets her, he already knows how and when she's going to die.

See for yourself:
http://who-transcripts.atspace.com/2008/transcripts/408_silenceinthelibrary.html

bredon7777

Quote from: GhostMachine on November 04, 2008, 03:35:10 AM

I've read quite a few suggestions for the possible Eleventh Doctor, and don't care for many of them. If James Nesbitt, who is one of those I've heard mentioned, takes the role I may quit watching - he'd be a much better choice for the Master, if they somehow bring the character back. I've read several suggestions for John Simm to take the role, and I'd be fine with that if he hadn't already played the Master.

I'd have no problem with Nesbitt who was AMAZING in Jekyll.  My personal choice would probably be Paterson Joseph, aka "The Marquis de Carabas"

Quote from: Ghostmachine
(Actually, someone brought up the idea that Simm as the Doctor could solve the problem that the Doctor is close to running out of regenerations; the Doctor and the Master switch bodies and the Master dies in the Doctor's body, leaving the Doctor trapped in the Master's body, but with more regenerations since the Master was given a new regeneration cycle; the new Doctor will be the next to last, since the 12th regeneration (what would be 12 into 13) is fatal, but I figure there are other ways to get around that)

I vaguely recall reading an interview with RTD where he said they were eliminating the regeneration limit- they were going to treat it as if he could regenerate indefinitely; but as I can't find a link, that's just speculation for now.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I still consider that, and the fact that she at first thought he was the same one she knew, a confirmation that I am correct.

bearded

House Quake

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 04, 2008, 10:14:46 AM
I still consider that, and the fact that she at first thought he was the same one she knew, a confirmation that I am correct.
[spoiler]River: "You're doing a very good job, acting like you don't know me. I'm assuming there's a reason."

I'm inclined to agree... she may have known later versions of the Doctor... and even was familiar with how he looked in this one.  But she definitely acted as if she thought she knew this one and she expected this one to know her.  This expectation wouldn't come with a later regeneration.[/spoiler]

yell0w_lantern

I would like to see that guy who played Rasputin in the 1971 film, Nicholas and Alexandra, take on the role of Doctor Who.

|