• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Conversion list

Started by daglob, February 22, 2008, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Is there a list of meshes that will not convert from FF1 to FFv3R?

blobula

I'd be interested in this as well.

daglob

Maybe we could start one.

Say, that you have to have tried "X" number of times to convert it, have used each of the two converters (or are there mroe?) at least once (yes, I have found some that will convert with one but not the other). Maybe supply the information from he readmen files, too.

It might also have the benefit of finding versions of meshes that WILL convert.

CrashmanX

well if you just make a list of Meshes that wont then you wont need one for Will cause then you can just say all the Other ones execpt SO and So will convert but yea this would be useful

The_Baroness

I have a problem with Olympian_tvlite  seems i can't find a way to convert it to FFvTTR , don't know if anyone else have this problem

tommyboy

Quote from: The_Baroness on March 10, 2008, 07:56:03 AM
I have a problem with Olympian_tvlite  seems i can't find a way to convert it to FFvTTR , don't know if anyone else have this problem
...a problem with what now?
I dont think I've ever made a mesh called 'olympian_tvlite'. Could it possibly be called something else? Or maybe its a skin/hex/nifskope by someone else that I've forgotten?

As to my meshes not converting to ffv3r, there was a problem with some of the female ones prior to _tv and _tvlite versions (ie wasp_t, madam_masque_t) where they wouldn't convert. Since I've remade almost all the same characters as _tvlite or _tv or _tf versions, and the old ones are only found in some of my yahoo groups, most people will never have a problem with them. And it's probably ten minutes work to bodge a fix in NifSkope nowadays, if you really, really HAD to have one of them in ffv3r.

Other than that I had problems with Beyonders Male_basic_hair_Quicksilver, which I believe contained geometry the engine wouldnt support, like a NiBezierMesh curve or somesuch. You get an error in Nifskope if you try to open it, too.
I believe there were difficulties with some meshes that contained more than one body and more than one biped (TexasJack's excellent Plastic Man springs to mind).

But really the number of truly un-convertable meshes is pretty small (given that there are thousands you CAN convert), if I recall correctly.

Xenolith

The tommyboy mesh I've had a problem with is hercules_t, but since there is a new one...

The_Baroness

well.. after searchign a little the Olympian_tvlite is a hex or skope made by Kssaints   and i have tried many times and can't convert it to FFvTTR

Previsionary

From what I remember, skopes have a different conversion process than regular meshes and hexes. I think Tomato figured it out awhile ago and posted a tutorial. Do a search for it and see what comes up.

Tomato

http://frworld.wikispaces.com/Converting+Skoped+Meshes

I has to do with deleting pieces in nifskope... there's a section that's designed to call up each piece, but nifskope merely changes the call to "none" rather then removing it. Then the converter crashes

daglob

Quote from: tommyboy on March 10, 2008, 08:58:48 AM
Other than that I had problems with Beyonders Male_basic_hair_Quicksilver, which I believe contained geometry the engine wouldnt support, like a NiBezierMesh curve or somesuch. You get an error in Nifskope if you try to open it, too.
I believe there were difficulties with some meshes that contained more than one body and more than one biped (TexasJack's excellent Plastic Man springs to mind).

But really the number of truly un-convertable meshes is pretty small (given that there are thousands you CAN convert), if I recall correctly.

[/quote]

I never had a problem with Plastic Man, but you are right about Beyonder's Male_ Basic_Hair_Quicksilver mesh. I haven't been able to convert ANY of Beyonder's Male Hair meshes.

You are right, too that the number of non-convertable meshes is small. That is one reason I considered using this thread as a means of compiling a list. Scopes and hexes are going to be a problem, I know. I have several old-style Beast meshes that I think are all related to one another, and not a one of them will properly convert (big white patches). I have a TM_Brainac that won't convert either, although I have several other Brainiac skins.

USAgent

The Vengenance mesh wont convert either and yeah, none of beyonders male_hair meshes will convert for me either.