• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

I just installed the game! Please help me mod!

Started by killercomics1981, February 19, 2008, 05:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killercomics1981

Hi! I'm a newbie who knows NOTHING about how to mod the game. I want to be able top lay with all my favorite Marvel, DC and Indy characters! Please! Someone mentor me!  :lol:

killercomics1981

I need to know how to add mods (Characters, Snenarios, Etc.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

detourne_me

Hey there, welcome to the boards!

first off, check out this thread, I think it has the most up to date install order of what extras you should install
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=46080.0

and check out Previsionary's post there, he provides links for downloading the extras.
then I guess the easiest step to do is download some mods, since they already include a lot of characters built in.  I recommend going to www.frpmods.com to download them, as Previsionary has released a number of great mainstream character mods.
another website you should go to is called www.freedomforceforever.com   It's a giant site hosted by Catwhowalksbyhimself with a lot of great content made by different community members.

stumpy

Ditto: Welcome aboard.  :)

In addition to those links, the FR World Wiki will be helpful to you with all of the basics. Also, it's a good place to get familiar with the terminology and so on, so that when you have questions here, you can describe them well enough to get answers. Also, the Game FAQ may answer some questions that may come up, so keep it handy, too.