• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Welcome to the Paradox Patrol!

Started by BlueBard, December 29, 2007, 12:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Greetings, fellow time-traveller!

I am Brother Chronos.  I have been assigned to be your mentor for this time and tell you what you need to know about the Paradox Patrol.  We would welcome you into our fellowship, if you choose.

The Patrol was started by a timeline wanderer named Golden-Starr.  He noticed that a number of other time travellers, mostly unwilling, began to appear here, in this timeline.  Under his protection, those others who had been rift from their own timelines had begun to gather together for mutual assistance in adjusting to this new age.  There were many things that the Displaced needed to know about the current age in which they found themselves.  I was sent to assist Golden-Starr in this effort by... well, there are some things that I cannot reveal.  Suffice to say that there are powers which are concerned with the flux in the timestreams which would like to insure that Time itself does not unravel into Chaos.

At my suggestion, this informal group formally organized into the Paradox Patrol.  Our primary mission is simply to offer aid to the Displaced.  We offer a place of sanctuary, advice, and resources.  At the same time, we are aware that there are forces that seek to meddle with History.  We also seek to engage in what you might call "damage control".  And ultimately, many in the Patrol simply seek to return to whence they came, if that be possible.  While stranded here, we are not without concern for the decay in order and justice.  Many of us in the Patrol were heroes, in a sense, in their own times.  We cannot do any less, though rift from our own ages.

There is another group, one in the Rogue Isles, that is akin to the Paradox Patrol.  They too consist of those who have been Displaced.  But their focus is quite different.  They are called 'Tempus Fugitives'.  Should you encounter any of that band beware, for they seek to undo the good which we in the Patrol have committed our lives to.

Though our founder is Golden-Starr, one of our leaders is a Native American shaman called 'Voice of Wind'.  In a way, he is the heart and soul of the Patrol.  He is deeply concerned with helping others to find their place in this world into which we have been Displaced and it is often his wise counsel that lights our path in this dark time.  If you are in need, seek him.

You are encouraged to share your stories of your past and present life here, where others who have been Displaced can best understand your struggles.  And so that we may travel the path to our destiny together.

Attention, Patrolmen!  Please post your names and bios here for information and planning purposes (and, if you want to, your global chat handle on CoH/V).

BlueBard

FYI...

I have a number of alts that are in the Patrol (bios to come later):

Voice of Wind - Magic Storm/Archery Defender
Brother Chronos - Magic Gravity/Radiation Controller
Scarlet Swordsman - Natural Dual Blades/Willpower Scrapper
Shooter Jim - Natural Assault Rifle/Energy Blaster
Friar John - Magic Fire/Empathy Controller

Best to contact me via my global chat handle (@BlueBard).

Donations of Influence and Base Salvage are welcome.  Extra Influence is available for anyone who needs it.  Adventuring in SG mode would be appreciated, as I'd like to develop the base into something useful for all our members.

BlueBard

Voice of Wind: Magic Storm/Archery Defender (@BlueBard)

"I am called Voice of Wind.  I was my tribe's medicine man.  I told my people when it was time to plant, when the rains would come, when it was time to go to our winter home.  I gave them my wisdom to know how to protect themselves from the warring tribes seeking plunder.  We were mighty and it seemed that the Great Spirit favored us."

"Yet I could not hold back the sickness that ravaged my tribe and killed us.  Finally, only I remained and I lay dying.  I cried out bitterly to the Great Spirit.  I did not hear the voice of the Spirit, yet I heard a voice coming from the wind.  The voice offered me a chance at a new life.  My tribe was gone, but there were others who needed my help in a different age.  The voice warned of a great evil which must be resisted."

"In my heart I am warrior and defender.  I could not refuse."

"I was caught up by clouds and winds, lifted high... and the winds spoke to me.  And I answered them.  The winds set me down here, in Paragon City.  I had been given the gift to speak to the wind.  This new world was strange to me, but others came to me and helped me to understand my place in it.  Can I do any less?"

"This, now, is my new tribe.  These heroes are my new brothers and sisters."