• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Paradox Patrol Discussion (Time-Travel SG)

Started by BlueBard, November 27, 2007, 09:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which server should the time-travel SG live on?

Infinity
6 (46.2%)
Virtue
3 (23.1%)
Freedom
3 (23.1%)
Guardian
0 (0%)
Liberty
0 (0%)
Champion
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Thunder

The name is reserved.   I'll be on at 9pm Eastern tonight 11/30/07

Thunder

I will be on Saturday evening after 8pm EST.  Send tell to Global: @Thunder Prime or Golden-Starr on the Infinity server.  That way we can begin the invites to Paradox Patrol.

BWPS

New guys then?
What are the guidlines for creating? Just make a guy from a certain time period (including future?) who time-travels?

BlueBard

Quote from: BWPS on December 01, 2007, 04:44:27 PM
New guys then?
What are the guidlines for creating? Just make a guy from a certain time period (including future?) who time-travels?

Yes to the first, no to the second.  They don't have to be a time-traveller, although they could be.  The idea is that through some sort of temporal rift or other method, each of these characters has been sucked into the main CoH timeline from whatever their native timeline and period is.

For example, I've got one guy who's background says he basically got washed off a sailing ship during an unearthly storm and wound up off the shore of Paragon City.  Another lay dying but was healed and transported by a mysterious entity.  So, basically, take your pick.  Could be a sailor who strayed into the Bermuda Triangle, a WWII commando that accidentally triggered a Nazi time machine, a Knight sent on a quest by Merlin, a Saurian from the Stone Ages who was frozen in a block of ice, whatever you can imagine.  I wanted to leave plenty of latitude, but it's an excellent home for any and all historical-type characters.

We hope to have a similar SG for villains up and running, and some inter-group action in the PvP zones for those folks who like that sort of thing.

BTW... I now have Leader rights and can also do invites.  In fact, all members can invite at the present time.  I plan to be fairly generous with permissions and promotions as we get started.

And kudos to Thunder for starting things up and for making a really great team motto.  "Time waits for no one... except us."

I have also transferred a sum of influence to 'Voice of Wind' for use by Patrolmen to help them get going faster.  Donations welcome! ;)

Kommando

I have both Chrono Commando and Chronomatrix in the SG.  So if you see me (@Krimsonik) I can invite you.  Also, are going to make the VG on Infinity as well?

Dweomer Knight

Quote from: BlueBard on November 29, 2007, 10:03:41 AM
Something to think about...

It might be kind of fun if some of the characters had alternate versions in the opposing group.  Sort of like, "this is how so-and-so would have turned out if <some past event> had been different."

This is a great idea; especially considering the name of the group.

I'd be willing to make such a toon.  Anyone willing to have an Earth-X version of your toon?  

Ideally, I'd like to know what AT/Origin the toon is, enough of a bio that I can make slight yet profound changes to it, a pic of at least the face (being the same person the facial structure at least should be the same), and permission to use the toon's name.  

I'm up for any AT if the group has a certain need or desire but, as I have no 50, Kheldians are out and Tanking isn't my strong suit.

DK

BlueBard

Quote from: Kommando on December 03, 2007, 10:03:03 AM
I have both Chrono Commando and Chronomatrix in the SG.  So if you see me (@Krimsonik) I can invite you.  Also, are going to make the VG on Infinity as well?

That's the plan.  I believe Viking was going to level up a villain to start Tempus Fugitives with.  I have yet to do that, but I plan to at some point.

BlueBard

FYI...

I have a vague backstory in mind for the Paradox Patrol.  It's not entirely fleshed out yet, but I think it will add some flavor.

The members of the Paradox Patrol and Tempus Fugitives start out believing their situation of being time-stranded is accidental, or at least that there is no connection with each other.  In reality, there IS a connection involving a conspiracy to alter history on the part of entities unknown, entities willing to use them as unwitting pawns.  The higher-ranking members may be aware of this to some degree or another.  If I knew more of the Ouroboros story, I might tie it in to that.  It could be that Ouroboros is responsible for the time displacements for their own purposes.

At any rate, members will be encouraged to do the Ouroboros and Flashback content, as well as Portal missions at higher levels.

BWPS

I have created!

The Great Gob, a master stage illusionist from the late 19th century. He uses his genius inventions to fight opponents. He's an electrical/device blaster. Like a guy in a $5000 suit is going to fight hand-to-hand. COME ON!

BlueBard

Looking forward to meeting The Great Gob!

I may not be on tonight, but there are others with invite privileges in the SG so invites may be doable even without me.  Just give a shout on the FR and NRF channel.

For those already on, if you haven't filled in your origin/description please do that when you can.  If you know how your character got time-stranded, put that in there.

Invite privileges will probably be changed a bit.  Journeymen/Lieutenants and higher will have invite and promote privileges, I think.  I have no problem with anyone from FR being promoted to the Journeyman rank or higher as soon as they join.  Non-FR invitees (of which there eventually ought to be) should come in as Patrolmen/Members without invite privileges.  Then after we get to know them, they can be promoted too.

Kommando

I might hit 10 with my villain tonight, so if Viking hasn't already, I could set up the VG.  If that's the case, I'll be on long enough for people to make whatever toons they want in the group, unless Viking beats me to the punch.

BlueBard

Plenty of spots still open in Paradox Patrol!

We haven't even hit the 15 members for the Prestige Bonuses yet.  I think we need 5 more or so.  I plan to work on it over the weekend.

So, let's at least get to the 15 members, folks!  As a reminder, all Patrolmen are currently able to recruit (though not promote) members.  I'm not changing that until after the Prestige Grant.  Journeyman/Lieutenants will always be able to recruit and all FR-affiliated PC's should be Journeymen or higher.  (I still need to tweak the permissions to allow Journeymen to promote up to Journeyman.)

We need more Futurian characters to balance things out, and we haven't even begun to tap every historical period for Historical characters.  For alternate timeline characters, there's literally no limit to what you can do!

On the flipside, Tempus Fugitives is up and running and open for conspiratorial hijinks villainside.  Join now!  Or else!

Thunder

what time should i look for you guys?  Captain Chronos is itching for his invite...lol.  Too bad I can't invite myself..or Golden-Starr would have recruited him.

BlueBard

I don't expect to be on before 10 PM EST or much after 12 AM.  Which kinda stinks, but there you go.  Might be off-and-on Saturday.

If I'm not on, send out a shout on the FR and NRF channel.  There are a few people in the group now who can do invites.  Alaric and Kommando for two.  I forget the others who joined at the moment.

BlueBard

FYI...

Paradox Patrol made it to 15 members, meeting the initial goal!

Permissions have been adjusted so that any Journeyman or higher is able to promote.  The low-ranked Patrolmen can't, but everyone else can promote up to their own rank.  Patrolmen can invite at this time, so that's not really a big deal.  Also, anyone Journeyman or higher is able to adjust their colors and emblems.

The idea is that anyone from here would have their characters at the Journeyman level or above and would be able to issue invites and promote other trusted players.

Speaking of promotions... I'd like to know which players would like to step up and take on some of the leadership.  I can't be on 24x7 and my desire is to have an active group that helps each other whether I'm around or not.  I'd like to see enough captains and commanders to keep things running without having to switch back and forth all the time.

Even though we won't be able to benefit any further from the coming Prestige Grant, all members are encouraged to keep their eyes peeled for other anachronistic heroes and let them know about Paradox Patrol.  I saw a Benjamin Franklin the other night, but was unfortunately too busy to try to recruit him.

Above all, have fun with it!  If we can organize some semi-regular team nights that would be outstanding!

Viking

FYI...

I've ditched my initial concept for Reign of Arrows, and instead have made a futuristic robotic Radiation/Radiation defender.

Radiotherapy Docbot!

He's hoping that some loyal Citizen will be able to invite him to this group of time-shifted heroes so that he may help heal them with minimally intrusive levels of radiation!

BlueBard

We'll see... If I get on at all tonight, it won't be until after 10 pm EST most likely.

Dweomer Knight

I'll be on tonight but I never know how long I'm going to be able to stay.  Sometimes I'm on for hours and othertimes I do one mish and I've got to log.  I can't play every day but when I'm on it's usually somewhere in the range of 6:00 to 10:00 PM EST on the evenings before a workday (like tonight).  Weekends are a crapshoot. 

DK