• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Pod's skins: Finally some releases (Dec 14/08)

Started by Podmark, December 19, 2007, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Carravaggio

Looks good Pod, but I'd consider shrinking the thigh cuffs a little bit if at all possible. not a lot, maybe .2 or .3 in nifskope. They look a little large.

AfghanAnt

I really like the work you put into his Skrull version's face.

UnkoMan

It could just be my monitor, but the skin looks a bit orange. It's probably my monitor. Something that I don't think is my monitor is that you appear to have forgotten to add the light lines on the feet? I'd actually probably reverse the seams, considering light direction of everything else.

I really like the skrull head on this fella. Great detail. Nice colour choice. Ears look rad. Very good job.

Podmark

Quote from: Carravaggio on November 06, 2008, 12:22:27 AM
Looks good Pod, but I'd consider shrinking the thigh cuffs a little bit if at all possible. not a lot, maybe .2 or .3 in nifskope. They look a little large.
Yeah I can do that. Might change the thigh piece if I can find something I like better.

Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 06, 2008, 07:23:01 AM
I really like the work you put into his Skrull version's face.
Yeah I put quite a bit of work into it. But I might still make some changes.
The human face has been modified too, but it's less noticeable.

Quote from: UnkoMan on November 06, 2008, 09:58:25 AM
It could just be my monitor, but the skin looks a bit orange. It's probably my monitor. Something that I don't think is my monitor is that you appear to have forgotten to add the light lines on the feet? I'd actually probably reverse the seams, considering light direction of everything else.

I really like the skrull head on this fella. Great detail. Nice colour choice. Ears look rad. Very good job.

Um...I think(hope) it's just your monitor. Anyone else noticing some orange??

The reason the light seams are missing on the feet is that the feet are mirrored. I'd get a triple line instead of a double, so I made a judgement call and keep the dark line over the light.

AfghanAnt

Looks a bit orange in both desktop and laptop.

Podmark

Where is this orange you guys are seeing? The skrull face?

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on November 06, 2008, 11:14:58 AM

I don't see it. But, my monitor is unreliable.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on November 06, 2008, 11:14:58 AM

the brown on Crusader's skin is orangish and a dark brown. Essentially his highlight look darker than his overall skin.

UnkoMan

Quote from: Podmark on November 06, 2008, 10:08:26 AM
The reason the light seams are missing on the feet is that the feet are mirrored. I'd get a triple line instead of a double, so I made a judgement call and keep the dark line over the light.

Ah right, duh. I knew that too, since I've done a seam down the middle of the foot before. Sheesh, I feel dopish.

But yeah, the human skin just seems a tad orange in the midtones. I wouldn't say the highlights are darker per say, it's just a bit off is all.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: UnkoMan on November 06, 2008, 01:11:39 PM
Quote from: Podmark on November 06, 2008, 10:08:26 AM

Ah right, duh. I knew that too, since I've done a seam down the middle of the foot before. Sheesh, I feel dopish.

But yeah, the human skin just seems a tad orange in the midtones. I wouldn't say the highlights are darker per say, it's just a bit off is all.

Maybe I need to calibrate my monitor, oh wait Vista doesn't do that...

USAgent

Nice Crusader! I am a big fan of the Inititive and I am exited about these characters your doing.  And I agree about the Skrull versions face, its perfect!

BTW I'm not seeing the orange on my monitor.

Podmark

I've seen my preview pic on 3 different monitors and I'm not really seeing any orange, I should note that people have on rare occasions told me I don't see colours quite right. I'll try adjusting the colour though, see if I can get rid of it.

BaddAzzYellaBro

Has the Warpath skin been uploaded to Hero Force yet? I'm trying to find the skin with no luck.

Carravaggio

Had another look at it to see if it was orange...and yeah I think the skin tone looks like an orange brown vs a red brown or chocolate brown, but brown skin is hard to nail down. I'd look at putting a light layer of a more chocolate brown (with the layer set to colour) over the face and adjusting opacity accordingly.
And I echo AA's comments about the skrull face, it looks incredible :) great deep shadows and bright highlights, its good stuff.

Podmark

Quote from: BaddAzzYellaBro on November 09, 2008, 02:01:58 PM
Has the Warpath skin been uploaded to Hero Force yet? I'm trying to find the skin with no luck.

The only Warpath skin I have is one wearing the Jim Lee blue and gold uniform done by me and Matrix.
http://podmark1.googlepages.com/BG_Warpath.zip

I will be skinning the current X-Force version of Warpath but that might be a while from now.

Quote from: Carravaggio on November 09, 2008, 02:31:13 PM
Had another look at it to see if it was orange...and yeah I think the skin tone looks like an orange brown vs a red brown or chocolate brown, but brown skin is hard to nail down. I'd look at putting a light layer of a more chocolate brown (with the layer set to colour) over the face and adjusting opacity accordingly.
And I echo AA's comments about the skrull face, it looks incredible :) great deep shadows and bright highlights, its good stuff.

I was trying to go for a lighter brown. Crusader's skin colour is wildly inconsistent.  He's been coloured as white, lighter than the Gauntlet, and a regular african american colour. Honestly I'm not sure what ethnicity Z'Reg is supposed to be masquerading as, I doubt even he knows lol.

I'll play with the brown, see if I can get rid of this orangeyness. Might have a preview up later. A very cool preview....

BaddAzzYellaBro

Podmark, thanks for the quick reply for the Warpath skin.  :thumbup:

Podmark

Ok here's an altered face. What do you guys think?

And the big reveal:
[spoiler]
The new Skrull version:

Huge thanks to Johnny Patches who approached me with this idea, I didn't even know it was possible.

This skin also shows the new smaller thigh cuffs.
[/spoiler]

I'll be working on the Madrox and Layla touch ups next.

Jakew

Wow, that look great with the skrull head!

djfredski

miguelyanke

Megatallica

yo pod just heard your making a morph skin, awesome
btw have you seen the one used for the exiles mod, i think that was the only mesh/skin made for morph so far.

Podmark

lol Actually my Morph skins were done ages ago! For one reason or another they never got released. I need to do some skope work on the Morph mesh to release them now. They were created before it was done. No ETA on these right now.

Never played the Exiles mod, but I can guess which skin/mesh it was.

In regards to my above previewed skins, Crusader is done, I have one more fix to do on Madroxs (brown arms) and just need to make the alternate plaid skirt for Layla. Trauma I might be playing with a bit though so not sure when he'll be done. Time/motivation has been a little low lately but I'm making continuous small progress.

I've got a couple ideas fighting in my head to be skinned next. Maybe I should do some kind of poll like TUE. Get some fan input.
I do have fans right?...

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: Podmark on November 24, 2008, 10:03:18 PM
I do have fans right?...

ha! considering i have a backup disk named "Podmark," i would say the answer to that would be "yes." :thumbup:

Megatallica

Previsionary

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on November 24, 2008, 10:03:18 PM
I do have fans right?...

I certainly hope so. Otherwise, how would you survive a hot summer's day?

blobula

Quote from: murs47 on November 25, 2008, 09:22:45 AM
I certainly hope so. Otherwise, how would you survive a hot summer's day?
haha... that's a good one! :lol:

Pod, I think you should skin Madrox in his classic costume too. :)

Podmark

Quote from: blobula on November 25, 2008, 11:43:22 AM
Pod, I think you should skin Madrox in his classic costume too. :)
I am considering it. However that won't be part of the poll (yes I think there will be a poll).

Podmark

The poll is up:
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=48675.new#new
Kinda cool, I don't think I've ever made a poll before  :cool:

Ok so with the poll you can help decide which group of skins I shall work on next. I make no guarantees the winning choice will get completely done. The realities of my available time and how my motivation to skin works just means I can't make that commitment, but hopefully it will work out well.

These are all things that I have been considering skinning but I want you input in what you'd like to see first.

Timing of this is ideal since I only have one more week in my current semester, so more time should be available to me for skinning.

So please VOTE!

Podmark

In his thread Megatallica was asking about my never released Morph skins and what i skoped onto them, so I've decided to show him, but I didn't want to do that in his thread - that's the place for his skins not mine.

Names at the bottom refer to the artist who drew Morph in that costume. His costume seemed to change literally everytime the artist changed. I meant to do a McKone version as well but never got to it.

The skins were originally done and previewed on the Tom versaitile mesh, but once I found out Syn was making a Morph mesh I had to switch them over. For whatever reason I never got around to skinning the extras, and the skopes might need some refinements. If I were to release them I'd need to update the skins.

So there ya go Megatallica. The actual parts shown might be resized and moved a bit, and I would probably try to skope on something for that collar on the second skin. They might also need belt buckles.

---------

The poll closes tomorrow night at midnight EST.
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=48675.new#new

|