Started by Mystik, December 08, 2007, 07:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystik

now that the driver attribute works I am able to :

* have kyle rayner construct a mech and hop in
* have batman & robin cruise gotham in the batmobile
* ironman can summon the quinjet for the avengers
* mr fantastic can fly around in his fantastic car

but I'm clueless on the stats , so how would u make them?

BentonGrey

Batmobile would be very fast, armored, with some kind of weaponry, but I'm not sure what.  I'll have to think about this some more.

apfarmakis

The question should also be what's there to drive. Is there for example a fantasti-car mesh?

GGiant

Quote from: Thor Reborn on December 08, 2007, 07:22:01 PM
now that the driver attribute works I am able to :

* have kyle rayner construct a mech and hop in
* have batman & robin cruise gotham in the batmobile
* ironman can summon the quinjet for the avengers
* mr fantastic can fly around in his fantastic car

but I'm clueless on the stats , so how would u make them?

I think the quinjet would be tough in health.

Epimethee

Quote from: GGiant on December 09, 2007, 01:40:15 AM
I think the quinjet would be tough in health.
No way! It gets destroyed half the time it's used. :lol:

Semi-seriously, I'd give it 4 endurance, 1 strength and agility, Invulnerability (2pts), Fast Flier, Clumsy and a flying sprint power. Maybe Aerial Scout too.

Mystik

after thinking about it some I gave the batmobile acid blood and the power to a low dmg electrical area

and the batwing taskmaster's battle computer attribute

BentonGrey

Cool, I like the idea of the acid blood.  I'll try and give these more attention soon, TR.

Mystik

ok my batman has 3 batmobiles that he randomly drives

tas version
begins tumbler
tim burton version

how would you differentiate from each other? (which is faster)
should i give the tumbler super jump?

and now i have an invisible jet, how do think i should set it up?

yell0w_lantern

Neat. Where'd you get the invisible jet?

Mystik

I have to check but i believe i skoped it from one bearded's meshes

Mystik

GGiant

I believe the invisible jet was by Webrider, at least I remember he made one. :lol:
Oh and bump!

BentonGrey

Okay, sorry for the delay TR, it's been a pretty crazy Christmas.  Let's see, does the Invisible Jet have any weaponry?  It might have some lasers or missiles or something.

As far as the Batmobiles go:  I think that the TAS and Burton versions will be pretty much the same, armament wise.  I suppose you could include the gattling gun and grenades that Burton's version used in the movie on his, as TAS wouldn't be likely to use those.  The tumbler should only have defensive stuff, like a smoke screen and the acid blood, but it should definitely have super-leaper.

BentonGrey

Alright, I'm setting up the Batmobile, Batwing, and maybe even Robin's bike tonight.  Here's what I've got on the Batmobile:

Strong
Incredibly Fast
Extremely Hardy
Very Powerful
Normal

grim resolve
ponderous
solid skeleton
disciplined
acid blood

A decent damage ramming attack
rubber bullets that do low damage but have high stun (using ranged_3)
two net attacks, one that just does stasis, the other (weighted net) does density max
High damage area rocket attack

I don't have as much on the Batwing yet, just the same rocket attack as the Batmobile, just cheaper, and a 'fullisade' that fires four rockets, but costs a good deal and has low accuracy.  The Batwing also has rubber bullets.  I've also given it an afterburners ability, like Sky King's.  It's got really high speed and good maneuverability.

By the way, what mesh/skin do you use for Kyle's mech?

One more thing, should Robin's cycle version be metal or flesh?  Technically the cycle itself is metal, but it's pretty likely that the rider would take damage rather than the bike.  What say you?

catastrophe

the Batmobile could have Wallclimber too :P

Panther_Gunn

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't Mindless be a better attribute for a vehicle than Disciplined?

BentonGrey

Well, the vehicle could be controlled by someone with electronics manipulation, and the driver inside could still be manipulated, although it would likely be harder....so, I think that disciplined is probably a good call.

Mystik

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 05, 2008, 03:49:22 PM

By the way, what mesh/skin do you use for Kyle's mech?

One more thing, should Robin's cycle version be metal or flesh?  Technically the cycle itself is metal, but it's pretty likely that the rider would take damage rather than the bike.  What say you?

I have custom hex/skin for kyle's mech

about the robin cycle; at first i gave it no thought and made it metal, but now that you mentioned it i'm not quite sure

BentonGrey

Do you think you could send that hex and skin my way?  It would be a nice easy way to distinguish Kyle from his GL compatriots.  I'm leaning towards giving the bike flesh, and just giving it higher hit points.  It just doesn't have enough armor for Robin to hide behind to justify giving it metal.

Dr.Volt

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 08, 2008, 01:01:29 PM
Do you think you could send that hex and skin my way?  It would be a nice easy way to distinguish Kyle from his GL compatriots.  I'm leaning towards giving the bike flesh, and just giving it higher hit points.  It just doesn't have enough armor for Robin to hide behind to justify giving it metal.

And as an aside, it would be cool to see a screen shot of Kyle and his mech too!  Is this possible?  Perhaps under the "Let's see what you've scoped" thread?  Or under the "Rumble showcase" if you show him in battle with his mech.  That would be great too!