• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Billdamn's skin spot- 12/7--Under The Sea and a Moth??

Started by billdamn22, December 02, 2007, 11:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billdamn22

Well here he is. It took me much longer than anticipated.
Solo

The weapons ended up being beyond my meager skinning abilities so they are all C6 standards with the mesh.

ElijahSnowFan

just so you know: i've always really liked your skins.

yes, skinning is beyond me, so i can't sit here and say i know what makes everyone's skinning styles different, but i've always tried to make sure i see what you've got going on.

nice work!

detourne_me

Sweet job!  nice touch with the hair :)

billdamn22

After seeing Ren's Hulk meshes in action, I got the "bug" to skin again. Here is an original I have skinned a few times now. Hopefully it will be the last.....

I got about 10 unfinished skins sitting on my hard drive now. I guess I should get them finished..... :D

Carravaggio

Cool, looks good with the mouth. That hulk mesh...man i can't wait to skin something for it.
Gotta say I like the last Salamander even better, the one on the hexed bulldozer (or mammoth) mesh. Love your originals, dude, what world do I have to conquer to get some more from you?

billdamn22

Thanks, Carr. I got lots more comin'. The skopes are usually what takes me the most time
because I have not yet gained full mastery of Nifskope. That and doing highlights freakin' kills me. I can never seem to get it right. I have 3 skins on my desktop just waiting for that last step.

Carravaggio

i have a general overall highlight i use for almost all my skins, helps make that last step painless. Once i have the skin complete i lay the highlights layer overtop and adjust for vividness and i'm done. saves a lot of time.
and if you need any skoping help, PM me  :)

AfghanAnt

I really like the look in his eyes. This is fantastic work. I'd really like to see more originals from you.

UnkoMan

I never saw that Solo skin. Great hair. Nice, subtle texture. Teeth look a bit odd, though. Like a bunny.

Salamander has similarly good textures. And I love the costume design.

As to highlights... well I use a lot of different bases, but lately I made my own base. Then I did all the highlighting. I just copy that layer over to whatever skin I am working on and replace the colour with the one I want to use as a highlight. So similar to what Car does, except I tend to use really bright colours as highlights.

BatWing

i dont think toxic powers could save anyone.  :lol:

billdamn22

Here is my latest.

This was done for the Meshmatters skinning challenge that was set up awhile ago. I figured I slacked off long enough. ^_^
You can get him and others at my new site:

http://www.freewebs.com/damnagedone/index.htm

More on the way!!

Lunarman

Great work! it's always good to see avatars and i particularly like this one, although being modern is retains a Victorian feel.
Good job

UnkoMan

Oh nice! I love the way you did this! Wotta laugh.

I gotta ask though, are his eyes flesh toned?

ow_tiobe_sb

Thanks again, bill, for such a wonderful avatar! :)  When this challenge began, I had no idea how you might be able to update TPB and still retain his original style.  Now I know, and 'tis fresh and exciting.  Well done, lad!  ^_^

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

P.S. Check out the new forum avatar! ;)

billdamn22

Quote from: UnkoMan on September 11, 2008, 09:59:28 AM
Oh nice! I love the way you did this! Wotta laugh.

I gotta ask though, are his eyes flesh toned?
Thanks. Nah, they aren't flesh tone though they do look it in the pic.... They are a golden tone...

billdamn22

Available now....
The Tick

Maul

Biohazard

I gotta stop redoing my characters and focus on the ones I have yet to skin.... :D

Previsionary

Very nice, Bill. Me like. I especially like Tick...now go make a mod involving him for me to play....please? :P

Podmark

Jakew

Outcast

Great job on all 3 of them Bill. :thumbup:

I can't help but pick the Tick as my favorite too though. :P

laughing paradox

Is Biohazard an original character? I really like the design.

billdamn22

Quote from: Previsionary on October 14, 2008, 08:22:24 PM
Very nice, Bill. Me like. I especially like Tick...now go make a mod involving him for me to play....please? :P
Man....I would if I could, but I do not have the time to even learn modding. I tried my hand at it once and...... :banghead:
Quote from: laughing paradox on October 15, 2008, 07:33:40 AM
Is Biohazard an original character? I really like the design.
Yes. One of many.
Quote from: Jakew on October 14, 2008, 08:56:57 PM
I   :wub: that Maul! Nice one.
Thanks. It's hard to get any love when it comes to Image characters.

House Quake

Quote from: billdamn22 on October 14, 2008, 08:14:44 PM
I gotta stop redoing my characters and focus on the ones I have yet to skin.... :D[/color]
Meh... I do it all of the time.  as you get better and as what you can actually accomplish between mesh ans skin becomes greater.... the desire to make skins you were once happy with better is natural.

Bio-hazard is looking good.

vamp

Nice skins, man. Bio-hazard is my favorite at the moment though.

billdamn22

Here are my newest:

My Tick skin needed a sidekick

My third version of this character and for some reason I am still not entirely happy with it.

Been wanting to do some of the Atlantean villains. Here is the first.

An avatar for Benton.

USAgent

Wow, thats a fantastic looking Arthur there. That is a very nice design on Benton as well, very aquatic looking!  The others are also well done, Tigershark looks like he's ready to rip someones head off.

laughing paradox

I was just asking Courtnall 6 about Tiger Shark, and I'm glad I don't have to wait for a fantastic one!

Arthur looks perfect. I really like the detail in Black Manta's neck. What is it about this skin that you don't like? Maybe the tube in the back? Perhaps if you change that? Tiger Shark is on point and Benton's av looks dope... but does he really need to have a unibrow? ;)

AfghanAnt

Great work on these! I like the work on Arthur's nose.

Podmark

Those are some nice skins.
Benton's is pretty cool, I hope he likes it.

murs47

Arthur looks great, you really captured him with this skin. Tiger Shark looks vicious, love it. Great stuff Bill. :thumbup:

|