• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Young Freedom Force: A Mod Concept In Need Of Critique

Started by The Hitman, October 04, 2007, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Has anyone else realized that since this would be the FF version of the Teen Titans, there could be some TT analogues here?  With that in mind, I'd like to propose some changed to some of the ideas that could help.

1.  Liberty Lad is the Robin/Nightwing.  No changes needed, just pointing it out.

2.  Magica could be reimaginned as a Raven type.  Same origin as the one proposed earlier, but darker results and more darkness powers with possession and maybe a few Alchemiss-like abilities thrown in.

3.  Kid-Bot.  Ugh.  I wince at this one.  But the general idea could be salvaged by using him for the Cyborg type.  Change the name, get a new skin.  His power is that he absorbs technology into himself and can also alter mechanical and technological things.  He accidentally absorbed a Man-bot suit somehow, explaining why there is a resemblance.  He could get some of the niftier, yet rarely used, FFX abilities, like the assimilation one.  Maybe you could salvage the name, since Man-Bot is gone at this point, he could do it in honor of a fallen hero.  But still think about changing it.

4.  We could still use a wise-cracking type.  I think Goo would work, but I am prejudiced in favor of my LB characters, of course.  A new character would work just as well.

BentonGrey

What about a young gadgetier?  Something a-la Speedy, and perhaps kind of a Black Jack character in FF terms.  He'd be someone without any powers, but with lots of different gadgets.  Perhaps he could take advantage of the Utility Belt attribute. 

catwhowalksbyhimself

yell0w_lantern

Well, how about a tip of the hat to Legion of Superheroes and call him "Borg Boy" instead of Kid Bot?

The Hitman

I totally agree with you guys. I just brainstormed the "Young FF copies" angle to get the ball rolling. I like what I'm hearing, and I like the Teen Titans idea.

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 08, 2007, 03:59:57 PM
1.  Liberty Lad is the Robin/Nightwing.  No changes needed, just pointing it out.

Yeah, pretty much. I was thinking of reskinning his costume to be either more patriotic, or darker/stealther. You guys decide that one.

2.  Magica could be reimaginned as a Raven type.  Same origin as the one proposed earlier, but darker results and more darkness powers with possession and maybe a few Alchemiss-like abilities thrown in.

That was actually the way I envisioned her. Good call!

3.  Kid-Bot.  Ugh.  I wince at this one.  But the general idea could be salvaged by using him for the Cyborg type.  Change the name, get a new skin.  His power is that he absorbs technology into himself and can also alter mechanical and technological things.  He accidentally absorbed a Man-bot suit somehow, explaining why there is a resemblance.  He could get some of the niftier, yet rarely used, FFX abilities, like the assimilation one.  Maybe you could salvage the name, since Man-Bot is gone at this point, he could do it in honor of a fallen hero.  But still think about changing it.

Could be done. I actually like that a little better than my idea. But- you don't like the name Kid- Bot?! It's just cheesie enough to fit the first game's '50s/'60s vibe! Well, if the majority wants to change it, that's cool. This isn't MY mod. It's OUR mod. That's the way I intended it to be, to be honest.

4.  We could still use a wise-cracking type.  I think Goo would work, but I am prejudiced in favor of my LB characters, of course.  A new character would work just as well.
Quote from: BentonGrey on October 08, 2007, 04:30:40 PM
What about a young gadgetier?  Something a-la Speedy, and perhaps kind of a Black Jack character in FF terms.  He'd be someone without any powers, but with lots of different gadgets.  Perhaps he could take advantage of the Utility Belt attribute. 

Well, YL mentioned a name for a Blackbird sidekick named Magpie. She could be a gadgeteer, and she could "crack wise". Ropeswing flight anim, Utility Belt attribute, the whole nine yards.

Every team needs a speeder. It's a law. He/She could have no ties to The Bullet, for all I care. We just need one.

Villian- wise, since my original idea is being re- written (and that's totally cool, I was kinda planning on it anyways) any villian, old/new/Liberty Bay/FFvTR are on the table. I think the tossed out ideas Kid Dominion, Cold Warrior (nice skope, Style!), and a few others could be redone as a villian team...? Or should they get scrapped alltogether? And I still think Mr. Mechanical should be the main bad guy. That guy had "Can- Be- Beaten- By- A- Bunch- Of- Kids" written all over him, like pre- Indentity Crisis Dr. Light, if you ask me.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteEvery team needs a speeder. It's a law. He/She could have no ties to The Bullet, for all I care. We just need one.

ORB could actually serve that purpose, although it would be very, very different from the traditional speedster.

QuoteBut- you don't like the name Kid- Bot?! It's just cheesie enough to fit the first game's '50s/'60s vibe! Well, if the majority wants to change it, that's cool.

It's just trying to pull away from the make a kid version of all the heroes and call it done.  That name is the most blatently derived of all of them.

QuoteAnd I still think Mr. Mechanical should be the main bad guy. That guy had "Can- Be- Beaten- By- A- Bunch- Of- Kids" written all over him, like pre- Indentity Crisis Dr. Light, if you ask me.

I see no reason why not.  He's a fun villain anyway.