• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Wolverine and the X-Men

Started by detourne_me, September 28, 2007, 12:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Silver Shocker

I watched it on Saturday on YTV, so it was definitely on. If it haven't been showing up on any sites, I don't know what to tell you.

crimsonquill

Quote from: threshold on October 19, 2008, 06:56:00 PM
What's the deal with the latest episode?  I cannot find it anywhere  :angry:

The "Wolverine Vs Hulk" episode should be available for download today because my source had a torrent posted in his journal around 3 AM last night (EST).

- CQ

qazwsx

Most of them have had copyright infringement policies enforced upon

threshold

Finally found it.  I still do not understand why they don't air it in the states.

Previsionary

again, it'll air in January 09. They're probably waiting on the movie or some other reason (editing, open time slot, etc) before they begin to show it. And, by then, more people will probably have the means to watch said channel since it's on a obscure channel to begin with.

Podmark

Yes it's all about the Wolverine movie. Networks are annoying.

Talavar

Saw the most recent episode finally through ... other channels, and Prev, you're right: that annoyed me to no end.

[spoiler]

Why is it all right to show Wolverine put a bomb in Hulk's friggin' mouth, but not slash him even once?  You show shallow scratch marks that then heal up - is that so difficult?  I'm not asking for gore or dismemberments or anything, just to make Wolverine look like he doesn't suck at fighting everything but robots!  Plus he snikts his claws out about 47 times, most of them completely unnecessary.  I hope the direct to video fight is a lot better than this one, is all I can say.

Other comments:  This version of Nick Fury just looked weird - he was like the love child of 616 Nick Fury and Ultimate Nick Fury.  The mixed up eye patch didn't get to me, but he was weird.  I would have preferred him to just look like Samuel Jackson as well, but maybe then they'd have to pay him likeness rights?

[/spoiler]

This episode brought up a line of thinking for me, one I've had before, but bare with me.  Shield in this knows all about mutants and apparently employs some from time to time, but they stay out of the "politics" of things like the Sentinel program or mutant registration.  Fine, I assume a similar deal is true in the comics.  But what about other heroes?  This version of the X-men coexist with at least the Hulk, and maybe we'll see more crossover characters in later episodes or seasons.  What is the justification in the comics though?  Why don't we ever see Iron Man protect helpless mutants from sentinels, or the opposite, speak out in favour of mutant registration?  It just seems like, when it comes to the government going after mutants, the rest of the Marvel superhero population sits on the sidelines whistling and twiddling their thumbs.

GogglesPizanno

Ive just started catching up with this show and without going into the spoilers, the above mentioned Annoyance regarding claws for the last episode was driving my bonkers....

qazwsx

I say we start a petition for clipping the things off :)

herodad1

that was kinda one of my gripes about the x-men.way back when the heroes disappeared back in heroes reborn the city was left wide open to crime/villians and only a handful of heroes remained to hold down the fort.where were the x-men?sitting at the mansion waiting for a mutant only menace.its all about the writers i know but i got tired of mutant only stories.

Previsionary

No review yet?

Well, to Ajax, you got your Xavier episode and, iirc, this was also a team episode featuring Psylocke and the Bhood. Let your opinions pour and filleth the threadeth!

Podmark

Quote from: Previsionary on October 26, 2008, 12:31:05 PM
No review yet?

Well, to Ajax, you got your Xavier episode and, iirc, this was also a team episode featuring Psylocke and the Bhood. Let your opinions pour and filleth the threadeth!

wha? It didn't air last night, or did it?

Previsionary

did it not? I just checked around and it seems YTV aired a halloween special, no? ...my bad?  :unsure:

Podmark

Quote from: Previsionary on October 26, 2008, 12:57:31 PM
did it not? I just checked around and it seems YTV aired a halloween special, no? ...my bad?  :unsure:

Yeah Flintstones special. I got over my disappointment by renting Indie 4.

Previsionary

Ok, it actually played this week and yet still no reviews? No, but yeah, but no, but yeah, but I is so disappointed. :P

ETA:

This isn't the Xavier episode like I originally thought (though it is next episode and I'm pretty sure I know why I remembered this as an Charlie eppy). It's basically the core team of X-men on a mission.

[spoiler]I thought it was okish. It's nice to get a team episode and including a character like Nitro is pretty interesting. Emma vs. Psylocke wasn't as good as I wanted it to be because they made Psylocke an amateur telepath, so I hope she's stronger by her next appearance. It was also nice to see Rogue and the Bhood again because they've been absent for a bit. That and I happen to like Domino and Rogue (sometimes).[/spoiler]

Podmark

[spoiler]I thought it was alright. Use of Nitro was different, kinda odd take on a guy who caused the Civil War. Mostly a Brotherhood ep, X-Men didn't do all that much.[/spoiler]

Silver Shocker

[spoiler]All I have to say that hasn't already been said is this show's version of Toad is annoying. That's probably what they were going for though.[/spoiler]

Previsionary

Toad typically is annoying in all incarnations. Only the movie seemed to ignore his annoying trait.

WaTX #9- Future X

A few days late, but it looks like I'll have to keep this periodically updated like I do with the X-thread. Fun in a can.

This episode is the one Ajax wanted. It focuses on the future with Prof X and we finally figure out just exactly how long he was knocked out for in this timeline. Senator Kelly, Trask, and the sentinal plan is also mentioned again. Wolverine and the actual X-men make up the subplot (minimal appearances), but it's mainly used to tie into the mainplot while addressing the Gambit/Wolverine teamup. Since the main plot takes place in the future, you can expect a lot of guest stars and a major appearance by Bishop for the rest of the season. The collar plot from a few episodes ago is also brought up; so, those that were worried about the plots not connecting, you can find something new to complain about. :P

[spoiler]The future X-men (so far) are as follows:

Bishop
Domino
Marrow
Xavier
Vanisher
Karmal
Hellion
Bezerker (he'll also appear in the present)[/spoiler]

It's a pretty action heavy episode that also moves the plot along. It actually ties a lot of the early episodes together while also providing new details for both the present and future tense storylines. Only thing I didn't like was pretty much the lack of X-men time since they haven't had a real strong team episode for them yet. If I were to use the comic scale, I'd sit it somewhere between 3 and 4...so...a 3.5? Maybe.   :unsure:

Podmark

This was probably my favorite episode so far. It gets to the meat of the plot, has some great action bits, and lots of cameos. Bishop and Hellion were awesome.

Talavar

I really enjoyed this episode too, even if the present X-men storyline felt somewhat tagged on.

[spoiler]

Who was the female firey mutant?  Firestar maybe?  I didn't catch a name.  Also, was the male mutant with the Absorbing Man-esque power a cameo, because I don't think I'm familiar with that one.

I'm also curious about what happened to Wolverine in the future.  He could just be dead I suppose, but the whole captured and never seen again sounds ... ominous.

[/spoiler]

Previsionary

[spoiler]Kamal if you're talking about the guy I think you are. He metaled up, right? He's an old villain. An acolyte actually. No word on fire girl as I didn't immediately recognize her on my first viewing (awhile ago) or this time.[/spoiler]

qazwsx

Just watched the one with Psylocke in it. Comparitively, a really good episode I must say. Pietro is just brilliant in this, and there's a nice little tidbit about him seeking his dad's aproval. Not too wolverine centric, no repeated unsheathings, and he nearly stabs someone! Ditching the whole "possessed ninja" thing and having Betsy as just some Oriental Brit works out pretty grand too.
Some gripes: Um, if suspending Nitro a few feet in the air saved them, how was he to "destroy the whole of genosha"?
                  Kitty jumping in and out of moving planes without a chute seemed pretty mental, and she and nitro landed from quite a distance, ouch. But really, it's still much less ridiculous than something like the appalling Transporter movies and hey, it's a kid's toon.

Best episode so far? Btw, where's Kurt? I didn't catch the previous episodes.

Podmark

Today ep was pretty good. It's pretty clear they're getting to more of the plot based episodes.
It's funny though, most of the eps don't seem to actually have the X-Men as a group doing that much.

Previsionary

WaTX 10- Welcome to Genosha

This is a continuation of Nightcrawler's storyline from a few episodes back. He and the other refugees finally reach Genosha and that storyline will continue on until the end of the season. Scarlet Witch plays a pretty prominent part and there's tons of guest stars and Magneto doesn't come off as "completely" evil. Still, NC investigates him to see what's up. The subplot takes place in the mansion. The X-men are invaded by an old friend and confusion ensues.

My favorite thing about this show is the constant showing off of other X-characters. In this episode, we actually got to see long haired Dazzler. Sure, she appeared in the 90s as well, but she displayed her showmanship with her powers a bit better in this episode. Also, the SW/NC connection is nice only because it means Nocturne could appear one day. :P

As a side note...Wolverine meets a lot of walls and the fight/action sequences were pretty good. NC seems to have the better episodes of the series...so far.

Also, talavar, you asked about the fire girl. I think i read somewhere that it was Firestar.

Talavar

Well, Firestar would make sense - as established mutants go, there's only Magma and Firestar that I can think of with fire powers, and Magma can't fly.

I really enjoyed this week's episode, Welcome to Genosha.  Nightcrawler rocks, and the cameo count keeps going up.  I spotted Dazzler, Pyro, Scarlett Witch, Dust, and Mercury, and couldn't place the guy with the energy whip, or the reptilian-ish thug.

Podmark

The whip guy was Senyaka, one of the Acolytes in the comics.

Previsionary

X-men #11- Past Discretions

[spoiler]This episode opens with a pretty graphic memory from Wolverine's past. It cuts off just before Wolverine can get all of it and Xavier persuades him to leave it be until he's ready to deal with it. As the current leader of the X-men, he can't be getting sidetracked. Wolverine, not a man to go against his guts, asks Emma to help him decipher the memory instead.

Meanwhile, Rogue is feeling guilty for being with the brotherhood and Quicksilver suspects he can't fully trust her. He speeds off into a room and speaks to Magneto. He'll do whatever Mags wants...if he can return to Genosha.

Back with the X-men, Kitty, Beast, and Bobby are organizing the X-library. Logan enters and the team immediately jumps into research mode to find the Twin Peaks. Logan rides off to see what's up unaware that he's being monitored. This leads to the first appearance of...Sabretooth!

Going back to Wolverine, we find out that the Twin Peaks is where part of the flashback he had earlier in the cold opening occured. As more memories come flashing back to him, he decides to get a closer look at the house that had a prominent part in his memory. As he arrives, the a girl with teke powers appears behind him. She remembers Logan and instantly attacks him. She wants revenge and overpowers Logan.

Inside of the cabin, the girl tries to get Wolverine to explain why he "took" her father. Logan doesn't remember and before an understanding can be reached, the girl is tranquilized. Sabretooth enters the room and sparks more of Wolverine's memories as he mentions, Weapon X. Obligatory Fight scene mixed in with flashbacks. It's revealed that Sabretooth killed the girl's father.

The episode ends with Logan returning home and learning Rogue had been to the mansion and Sabretooth informing his boss that Logan loss his memories. The man Wolverine thought he had killed was revealed to be Maverick who is part of the Weapon X program.[/spoiler]

I thought this episode was okish. It pushed forward a few other plots while dealing with the obligatory, "Wolverine has memory issues," problem. I'm trying to recall if the man in Wolverine's flashback actually has a daughter in the actual comics. He may have, but I don't think it ever got named. Anyway, twas a good "Wolverine" episode and next episode will be a "Cyclops" one. Get ready for the push of two more storylines. Oh, oddly enough, Storm seems to have a trait here that she also has in Uncanny X-men...never being around unless there's a fighting scene. :P

Podmark

Yeah it was ok. I enjoyed it, but it's a little forgettable.

AfghanAnt

I finally got caught up on this show and it's an ok show. I'm surprised it isn't as good as I thought it would be.

Silver Shocker

I found myself enjoying the episode. It didn't have a lot going on, it was a Wolverine episode, and it was the same kind of thing we've seen before in the cartoons, movies and comics, but I still didn't mind it. I can understand why they'd want to introduce Sabretooth, but he has been in the previous cartoons so I didn't find it that exciting (not really a big fan of the character).

|