• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

We Happy Few

Started by BentonGrey, July 07, 2008, 08:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Justice League Members Would You Want to Play With in the Final Mission?

Batman
11 (42.3%)
Superman
16 (61.5%)
Aquaman
5 (19.2%)
Green Lantern
20 (76.9%)
Wonder Woman
15 (57.7%)
Flash
16 (61.5%)
Martian Manhunter
14 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: July 21, 2008, 08:28:22 AM

BentonGrey

We band of brothers...

Howdy guys, I am working on my last mission for my JLA campaign, but unfortunately I cannot allow the player his choice of League members to play with (because I don't have a way of seeing that the OTHER members not chosen by the player show up in the level).  So, I have to force a four man team, with the others acting as allies.  What I am asking here is, which four heroes do you want to play with in the final fight?  In the previous missions the teams have been: Batman, Flash, and Martian Manhunter/Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman.  Thanks for your feedback guys!

BWPS

Superman, Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman would be a good iconic team, methinks.

BentonGrey

I have to say, I'm surprised by all the love for Wonder Woman, and a little less so for the Flash.  I'm also surprised that both Batman AND Superman are underdogs.

Panther_Gunn

Without knowing what style of mission it is, it's hard to determine who would be the best choice.  To me, Superman, GL, and Flash are all good choices for most missions.  The fourth was toss-up....what sort of angle do I need covered?  In the end, I went with MM, which kinda overpowers the team, but he's more multi-faceted than the rest.

BentonGrey

That's true, but I imagine any combination would acquit themselves pretty well, and I'd hate to give away the final mission more than I already have.  I can't think that any of the League would be NOT useful, so I am just trying to avoid making everyone play with a team I like, rather than one they'd prefer.  By the way, BWPS and PG, I appreciate y'all taking the time to post your reasoning. :D

:EDIT: Also, I had no CLUE there were this many GL fans on the boards!  I wonder if me telling which GL it is would change anyone's mind.... :ph34r:

Glitch Girl

My team and why:

Green Lantern - no matter which one it is (I'm rooting for Kyle though ;) ), this character has a very versatile arsenal thanks to the ring.  Good for many situations both defensive and offensive.

Flash - Speed beats many thing.  Damage means nothing if you don't get hit.

Martian Manhunter  - A versatile heavy hitter with mental abilities and invisibility.  Good for stealth and time when the enemy's mind is more vulnerable than their body.

Wonder Woman - A soldier's mindset with lots of muscle to back it up.  Good for rounding out the team.  Plus I enjoy being a girl  :) 

bat1987

Well if this were comics, Batman would be my first choice, with his prep time etc.

Since there is no prep time in FF, I will have to go with:

Superman-speed and strength along with endurance

Flash-a lot of speed and agility

Martian Manhunter-powerhouse with mental abilities

Green Lantern-beams of all sorts

No one would be able to beat them though..

yell0w_lantern

I voted for the Big 3 and Aquaman (whom I consider to be almost the same class in terms of iconography).

I could also go for: GL, Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter - really old-school JLA!

BentonGrey

Thanks guys!  This is quite enlightening, and I'm enjoying learning about how people perceive the JLA.  I have to say, I like YL's suggestion....I'm tempted to ignore all of you and do that. ^_^  With so many people suggesting Flash....I think I may need to alter his character a bit so that he'd be more effective against these foes.

BentonGrey

Thanks for the great feedback and responses guys, I know what I'm going to do now! :D

UnkoMan

Aquaman isn't winning? This is BUNK!

Also, you NEED Martian Manhunter, no matter what. He IS the Justice League.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You could alway drop EZScript for this one mission and have it scripted the had way.  Then you could do it exactly the way you wanted to do it.

BentonGrey

Haha, y'all do want to see this mod finished some time this century, right Cat? ;)  No, I'm afraid that the real kind of scripting is beyond me, at least within any kind of timeframe.  I have infinite respect for the real scripters in this community.  Don't worry Unko, Aquaman will get plenty to do in his own campaign....and Wonder Woman won't be getting one of those! :D