• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Call for Artists: FR 2008 Calendar!

Started by Glitch Girl, September 06, 2007, 08:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

It's that time of year again!  Time to share your artistic talents on a community project. :D

If you would like to participate in this year's calendar you must be able to do the following:

1) You must be able to commit to completing your work by November 11th.  This will allow enough time to compile the calendar and get orders in for potential christmas presents

2) You must be able to creat an image that is 300 DPI at full page (exact dimension will be posted soon)

3) You must be able to send me the artwork in some for of digital media, preferably PNG, TIFF, or hi-res JPG.

4) You may collaborate with someone else, however, all work must be original work

Anyone who's done the calendar in the past is welcome to return this year.  If you haven't done the calendar in the past, plase PM me with a link to some of your artwork in case I haven't seen it yet, and I'll let you know.  Previous artists get priority due to seniority.

No theme has been decided on yet, but that shouldbe settled on in the near future. 

Hope to hear from you soon!  Now excuse me while I clean out my inbox.  :)

Reepicheep

Blkcasanova247

style

I will Join this time! :blink: And I suggest as a theme: 'When real super heroes meet our avatars!' Like a picture of me and Batman together. Or Black Casanova with Luke Cage or Punisher!Or C6 with Ironman or Sasquatch. Or Afghan Ant with Sentry. Or you Glitch with Jim Lee Rouge!!! :thumbup:

Glitch Girl

Sorry Style, no licensed characters.  We got in trouble once for just parody - direct references are right out.  But I'd still love to have you. Gonna see who's coming back first to see how many slots will be open.

Pyroclasm

Carravaggio

November? I can manage a pic by then :)
Ok, i'll put my hand up if you will have me.
Links:
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41813.0

Hiroki8

what does one need to do? this is the first time I have come across this so I'm not familiar

http://www.hiroki8.deviantart.com/

Courtnall6

Glitch Girl

Thanks guys. We're off to a great start.  I'm going to give this a few more days and then I'm going to see about getting permissions set so we can all go to the planning/information board and get this thing going.

So far I've heard from

Myself
Reepicheep
BlackCassanova
Style
Pyroclasm
Zuludelta
Carravagio
Hiroki8
Courtnall6

And a few more pending replies.

captainspud

Mowgli

the_ultimate_evil

its sure to be a great one once again guys

Figure Fan

Glitch Girl

Great!  Thanks guys.  Current list:

Myself
Reepicheep
BlackCassanova
Style
Pyroclasm
Zuludelta
Carravagio
Hiroki8
Courtnall6
Captain Spud
Mowgli
Figure Fan

With Thunder and Tomato as alternates just in case.

I'm going to contact one of the Mods and see about getting our meeting place up and running.

AfghanAnt

I'd like to be considered an alternate as well.

Also is there any where to see the full size images for the old calendars?

BentonGrey

Glitch Girl

mmm.. let me see what I can do.

And AfghanAnt , I'd love to have you an another alternate.

Uncle Yuan

With several alternates, there must be a way to include any extra art that might come along.  Perhaps you could assign a cover?

Panther_Gunn

Or make it a snazzy 15 month calendar.  ^_^

Reepicheep

Sneak previews of next year!

It has dates!

Glitch Girl

Okay, I think we're good to go.  Scroll down to the bottom of the forum index and see if you see a forum called "FR Calender 2006" (we're reusing last year's board)  If you can, post in the sign-in thread mostly for my own peace of mind.  :)

Blkcasanova247

Glitch Girl

Glitch Girl

Those of you having trouble, take another look and sign in on the sign-in thread if you can see it. 

zuludelta

Only seeing three threads in the Planning forum (unless I'm being stupid and looking in the wrong place), and there doesn't seem to be an option to go back further chronologically.

Glitch Girl