• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

A few questions from Megansunfire

Started by megansunfire, August 04, 2007, 02:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megansunfire

I wasn't sure where to put this since it has to do with several different areas.
I'm not certain if any of these questions have been asked and/or answered any where else, so sorry if I repeat anything.
For my game, I will be using EZ Script if that would make any answers different at all.

1. When choosing a playable character in a campaign, can you choose between different costumes for the individual character (sort of like in the X-Men Legends games)

2. I guess it's sort of 1b rather than 2, but I was wondering about multiple skins on one mesh. Is there a certain way to hide or show a piece attached to the mesh. What I mean is, I had someone's mesh with several cannonball skins on it. One of the skins had goggles and the other had a collar that stood off the neck line. What I don't get is why when choosing the none goggle one, the goggles disappeared and the same happened with the collar.
I've tried multiple skins such as one with shoulder pads and another without, but when changing to the skin with no shoulder pads, the shoulder pads were still visible and white instead of invisible.
:o That was quite long.

3. During a mission, is it possible to change your team or do you have to play as one team all the way through?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these ridiculous questions. I'm just curious.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote1. When choosing a playable character in a campaign, can you choose between different costumes for the individual character (sort of like in the X-Men Legends games)

No, you can't, unless you set up each costume as a separate character. What you can do is set a character to have random skins.

Quote2. I guess it's sort of 1b rather than 2, but I was wondering about multiple skins on one mesh. Is there a certain way to hide or show a piece attached to the mesh. What I mean is, I had someone's mesh with several cannonball skins on it. One of the skins had goggles and the other had a collar that stood off the neck line. What I don't get is why when choosing the none goggle one, the goggles disappeared and the same happened with the collar.
I've tried multiple skins such as one with shoulder pads and another without, but when changing to the skin with no shoulder pads, the shoulder pads were still visible and white instead of invisible.

This is possible for alpha-enabled meshes.  The parts you don't want you can use an alpha channel to make them invisible.  This works, from what I understand, pretty reliably in FFvTTR, unlike in FF.

Quote3. During a mission, is it possible to change your team or do you have to play as one team all the way through?

Python scripting makes this possible.  Not sure how to make this work with EZScript.

megansunfire

A couple more questions.

1. Is there a certain limit to how many playable characters you can have? For some reasons 24 comes to mind? Is that right or can there be more?

2. I've asked this before, but I have anew computer because my old one went to the dogs. Where can I find the head.nif that you just put a characters picture rather than an animated head?

Thanks again with any answers.

Previsionary

Quote from: megansunfire on August 06, 2007, 01:39:04 PM
A couple more questions.

1. Is there a certain limit to how many playable characters you can have? For some reasons 24 comes to mind? Is that right or can there be more?

2. I've asked this before, but I have anew computer because my old one went to the dogs. Where can I find the head.nif that you just put a characters picture rather than an animated head?

Thanks again with any answers.

1. 20-ish is the default limit. You can easily go pass that with some script editing.

2. That was on ren's site, which is down. It also comes with ffx 3.2 and a few mods.

megansunfire

Quote from: megansunfire
Quote from: Previsionary
1. 20-ish is the default limit. You can easily go pass that with some script editing.
I don't want to sound rude, but does anyone know specifically how many characters you can have and is there a tutorial or faqs about how to add more if necessary?

3. During a mission, is it possible to change your team or do you have to play as one team all the way through?
Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself
Python scripting makes this possible.  Not sure how to make this work with EZScript.
Does anyone know if this is possible with EZscript?

And one of the dumbest questions I'm sure, but I'm having computer problems and  :ffvstr: won't work at the moment, so I was wondering if anyone has, is willing to post or knows of where I can find all the damage types (crushing, piercing, heat, hex, etc.) with descriptions because I'm trying to plan out my characters abilities until I get a better computer?

Thanks again to any and all who help.  :D

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteDoes anyone know if this is possible with EZscript?

Well, I already basically answered this question in the very quote this line is below.  To be more specific, as far as I know, this ability is not built into EZScript at this time.  Someone would have to add it for you.

Quoteso I was wondering if anyone has, is willing to post or knows of where I can find all the damage types (crushing, piercing, heat, hex, etc.) with descriptions because I'm trying to plan out my characters abilities until I get a better computer?

The FFX manual has all this, plus descriptions of all the new ones it adds.  If you just want the old ones, they have their own separate list in the manual.  An online version of the manual is available at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Previsionary

Quote from: megansunfire on August 09, 2007, 02:08:18 PM
I don't want to sound rude, but does anyone know specifically how many characters you can have and is there a tutorial or faqs about how to add more if necessary?

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=42502.0

megansunfire

Quote from: Previsionary on August 09, 2007, 02:32:06 PM
Quote from: megansunfire on August 09, 2007, 02:08:18 PM

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=42502.0

So, I know this is probably stupid to ask but I just want to clarify, is this only to change the number of playables in the rumble room? If I wasn't clear before, I meant how many playables (as in the total number of characters you can recruit) can you have?

Sorry if I come off sounding cruel or rude. I don't mean to. I just want to be 100% clear before I plan too far ahead in making my game.

stumpy

I think that thread was about RR characters.

The list of characters that you can recruit from is quite large. After all, it includes all of your custom heroes, which can be over 100 (and I know some people have any times that).

If you want to know how many characters can be recruited into the list of heroes you can choose from when choosing a squad in a campaign, then I don't know. But, how many do you need? Unless it's like ten thousand or something, why not just test it yourself? Use the console to give yourself a million XP and then start recruiting heroes (built-in or custom shouldn't matter).

megansunfire

Quote from: stumpy on August 10, 2007, 09:30:02 AM
The list of characters that you can recruit from is quite large. After all, it includes all of your custom heroes, which can be over 100 (and I know some people have any times that).

If you want to know how many characters can be recruited into the list of heroes you can choose from when choosing a squad in a campaign, then I don't know. But, how many do you need? Unless it's like ten thousand or something, why not just test it yourself? Use the console to give yourself a million XP and then start recruiting heroes (built-in or custom shouldn't matter).

Oh okay. I see now. :doh: I just wasn't sure if there was a limit for recruitables but if it can be over 100 then I'm fine with that.

Thanks for helping clear it up. :thumbup:

megansunfire

Quote from: previsionary
2. That was on ren's site, which is down. It also comes with ffx 3.2 and a few mods.

Here's another dumb question, but does anyone have the template for this head.nif. I was looking through my files and I can't seem to find it. I'm not quite sure yet (because  :ffvstr: still doesn't work on my pc) but does the one that comes with FFX 3.2 automatically use the characters portrait or do I still get to set my own picture for it.

:wacko: Hope that wasn't too stupid  :banghead:

Previsionary

I planned on answering this earlier, or hoped someone else would by now, but it slipped my mind.

The head.nif that comes with FFX 3.2 for ezscript located here:

QuoteFreedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3.2\defaulthead

uses the character's portrait. You can easily replace the picture by changing the skin's portrait tga.