• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Applying Aura effects (like the ones with Green Lantern meshes)

Started by Indigo, July 31, 2007, 07:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo

Gents, I honestly don't know if this belongs either to the mesh or skin department, but can any of you point me to any tutorial on how to give aura effects like some of the Green Lanterns meshes, pls?

AfghanAnt

You would have to either create it using 3d Studio Max or some other related meshing program or nifskope it.

I know the Ren did a male_basic green lantern and a few others with it built on and I know the Ink's Start Sapphire has a female_basic aura.

yell0w_lantern

Bearded did some cel-shaded basic meshes and then they were hexed to different colors - check his yahoo groups for the black cel-shaded ones. But yeah, AA is right.

Indigo

So it's basically re-modelling it?  This is a tough one especially without a tut. :wacko:

yell0w_lantern

Even in Max it isn't very hard to make an aura. But you could just appropriate one from a mesh that has one...

Peerless1

The geometry ends up being slightly off with nifskoping auras, but they still tend to look pretty good.  Which is of course due mostly to the excellent work done by those who meshed it in the first place.

If you want a hand...I have all of the above listed meshes now, and since all are release allowed...I would be happy to skope an aura for you.  It only takes a few minutes, pending adjustments.  It probably won't look perfect, as I am still mostly a novice at skoping; however it might hold you over until you can get something more permanent.  Or unless I get lucky which actually still happens sometimes.  :lol: Just PM me what you want, and I will get to work on it.  :)

Indigo

I appreciate your kindest offer Peerless, I really do, but I hope you won't take it against me if I give it a try first (but if all is lost and I screw this up, I know who to call). :) 

Can you PM me on where to get started, your tricks, anything I need to know to accomplish this since I'm in a bad need of some sort of instructions on this. :doh:

Thank you again Peerless. :wub: