• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Heroes Season 2

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, July 25, 2007, 03:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

catwhowalksbyhimself

:spoiler:   :spoiler:   :spoiler:   :spoiler:   :spoiler:
**This thread contains SPOILERS for Heroes: Season One. You have been warned!**

The old thread was getting big enough, so with season 2 news starting up, it's time for a new one.

Anyway, NBC has released promo photos from season 2, which you can see here.

The cast photos do confirm some rumors--namely who's still around.  Claire's also sporting a new cheerleading outfit.

MJB

I can't wait to see what news is released after the Comic Con.

-MJB

JeyNyce

stumpy

Straight from Glitch Girl's summary of Dragon*Con 2007,

Quote from: Glitch Girl on September 05, 2007, 06:25:42 PM
  • Nichelle Nichols  (aka: Uhura) is a very classy lady.  And, we all got to hear the news that she will be joining the cast of Heroes this season straight from her mouth.  :D

:cool:

MJB

Smith + Heroes: Origins could equal gold...

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

-MJB

Mr. Hamrick

Smith is only writing one episode of Heroes: Origins.

Actually, I think that may be a good thing.

bredon7777

Anybody else upset at NBC's promo department:

[spoiler]
For clearly revealing Peter to be alive in their commericals?
[/spoiler]

stumpy

Not really. They never gave us any reason to assume otherwise.

Maybe more of a complaint could be made about Nathan.

thalaw2

I never believed either Peter or Nathan would kick the bucket.  I'm more shocked that DL isn't around. 

MJB

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on September 06, 2007, 07:32:41 AM

1. I was aware that Smith was only doing the first episode of "Origins".

2. Everyone has their own opinion. I think the episode has the chance of being both funny and compelling. Smith is good at writing both the funny and dialog.

-MJB

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: MJB on September 06, 2007, 09:48:42 AM
Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on September 06, 2007, 07:32:41 AM

1. I was aware that Smith was only doing the first episode of "Origins".

2. Everyone has their own opinion. I think the episode has the chance of being both funny and compelling. Smith is good at writing both the funny and dialog.

-MJB

I'm simply echoing the sentiment of the man himself when he said that he hopes he can do the source material justice.  Kevin is also knee deep in writing his next film called "Red State" and the original draft has apparently raised a few eyebrows compared to some of Smith's earlier work due the "dark, depressing nature of it".  Having him only responsible for one of the episodes means less of a burden for him and the chance that it will turn out well received.

bredon7777

Quote from: stumpy on September 06, 2007, 09:15:36 AM
Not really. They never gave us any reason to assume otherwise.

Maybe more of a complaint could be made about Nathan.

Us, no.

The casual viewer, not so much.  Mrs bredon, who only watched a handful of episodes herself, and relied on me to fill in the rest had the following reaction to seeing Peter alive in the commercials:

"WTF? I thought you told me he blew up?"

Just seems stupid to spoil the surprise for those who might not have watched as obsessively as the folks on this forum. . .

(I know, I know: folks on this forum? Obsessive: Never! :D )

stumpy

I guess you may be right about the more casual viewer not paying as much attention to the earlier episodes. (Although I thought I was fairly casual. After all, I don't do anything but watch the show once and then talk about it with you guys and I assume everyone else here is the same, besides some folks checking the spoiler sites. At least, I am betting none of us is getting paid to watch professionally - if I am wrong, I am suddenly considering a career change! :D)
[spoiler]I was just thinking that, since Ted got all China syndrome on us a few times and never showed any ill effects, people would assume the same about Peter. But, it's definitely the case that Ted never went up quite as dramatically as Peter did.[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

Really, there was only one episode that actually confirmed that he would be still alive.  Other than that, the characters are constantly talking about how Peter's going to die.  Even in that one episode, you have to catch the one bit where they specifically mention it.  And casual viewers even then would be likely to miss it.

Even for us, I remember a bit of a conversation about that episode before it was concluded that Peter would be unharmed. The evidence was there, but we all had to piece to together.

stumpy

Maybe you are right about the constant statements by other characters about Peter's imminent demise, but I seem to have forgotten them. I honestly don't recall thinking Peter had to die and I can't recall where other characters (at least those who were in any position to know) were convinced he was going to die. I mean, between visions and abductions and Sylar (oh my!), everyone was worried, but I must have forgotten where Peter was regularly singled out. Pretty early in the season (maybe ep four or five), when future Hiro talks to Peter in the train and mentions that Peter looks different because FHiro is used to seeing him with the scar, I guess I got the idea that Peter was going to be around for a while (in at least that timeline :rolleyes:)

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteMaybe you are right about the constant statements by other characters about Peter's imminent demise, but I seem to have forgotten them. I honestly don't recall thinking Peter had to die and I can't recall where other characters (at least those who were in any position to know) were convinced he was going to die.

It was towards the end of the season especially.

Remember the older generation was divided into two factions, one of which believed that it was Peter's destiny to die, the future was set, and the Nathan was destined to change it.

This was where most of the talk came from.

Outcast

In episode 20 of season 1, where Hiro and Ando went to the future. They made it look like Sylar had stolen most of everyone's powers. Nathan's flight powers,DL's intangibility powers,even shapechanging?to look like Nathan? Not sure if this future had been changed or what. But it really sucks if it turned out that Sylar would eventually kill almost everyone and obtain almost all of their powers. I really thought Hiro would be the one to end/stop Sylar,but in the last episode,Hiro was able to stab him as Isaac predicted. But it turned out this was only to injure Sylar. :doh: Wonder why Hiro needs to be transported back in the past in Japan. :huh: Well, can't wait to see what happens next nevertheless. ^_^

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteNathan's flight powers,DL's intangibility powers,even shapechanging?to look like Nathan? Not sure if this future had been changed or what.

This future is already gone.  The explosion no longer devastated New York, and it seems unlikely that Nathan will become President, which is how, according to the writers, Sylar killed most of the characters.  National Security had a deal that HRG would be allowed to hide most specials if he turned certain ones over to them, which is why HRG refused to let Hiro have anyone to help him.  HRG though they were in prison, but they weren't, because Sylar used Nathan's identity to get at them.

QuoteWonder why Hiro needs to be transported back in the past in Japan.

[spoiler]
Because Hiro's going to meet someone in the past who doesn't age and is still alive in the present.  Basically a good version of Vandal Savage, and one that Hiro already idolizes.  Having met him in the past where he is significant, Hiro is sure to recognize him in the present.  That and he' s going to meet a certain lady. . .
[/spoiler]

EDIT: I've added a note about Season 1 spoilers, so we can discuss those freely.  Season 2 spoilers should still go in spoiler tags.

bredon7777

[spoiler]
Dunno if you're right about Hiro's buddy being a good version of Vandal Savage, cat- everything I've read seems to hint at him being the bigger bad that Molly Walker was scared of.

[/spoiler]

GhostMachine

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on September 08, 2007, 10:56:10 AM
QuoteNathan's flight powers,DL's intangibility powers,even shapechanging?to look like Nathan? Not sure if this future had been changed or what.

This future is already gone.  The explosion no longer devastated New York, and it seems unlikely that Nathan will become President, which is how, according to the writers, Sylar killed most of the characters.  National Security had a deal that HRG would be allowed to hide most specials if he turned certain ones over to them, which is why HRG refused to let Hiro have anyone to help him.  HRG though they were in prison, but they weren't, because Sylar used Nathan's identity to get at them.

QuoteWonder why Hiro needs to be transported back in the past in Japan.

[spoiler]
Because Hiro's going to meet someone in the past who doesn't age and is still alive in the present.  Basically a good version of Vandal Savage, and one that Hiro already idolizes.  Having met him in the past where he is significant, Hiro is sure to recognize him in the present.  That and he' s going to meet a certain lady. . .
[/spoiler]

EDIT: I've added a note about Season 1 spoilers, so we can discuss those freely.  Season 2 spoilers should still go in spoiler tags.

Regarding that last spoiler:

[spoiler]I'm assuming that the hero of Hiro's (heh) in question is going to turn out to be....his father.[/spoiler]

And another spoiler about a cast addition for this coming season:

[spoiler]I assume people would have to be living under a rock to not have heard about Kristen Bell joining the show, but I figured I'd tag that fact just in case....

But according to a report on the show I saw a few days ago (I think it was on "Attack Of The Show"), she's apparently going to have some sort of powers involving electricity - don't know if this means she'll be tossing lightning like the guy on Misfits of Science back in the 80s or if it just means she simply can control the flow of it, though.[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

I think you guys misunderstand who I was referring to:

[spoiler]
Hiro's Hero is Takensie, the samurai whose sword Hiro used to possess.  I have read absolutely nothing about him being the bad guy at all.  He has been described by official sources as a new full-time member of the cast with the power of immortality.
[/spoiler]

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on September 09, 2007, 04:38:56 AM
I think you guys misunderstand who I was referring to:

[spoiler]
Hiro's Hero is Takensie, the samurai whose sword Hiro used to possess.  I have read absolutely nothing about him being the bad guy at all.  He has been described by official sources as a new full-time member of the cast with the power of immortality.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
The new "big bad" for the season has also been been described has being immortal and at least having been around for 200 years.   Rather Hiro's hero and this guy turn out to be the same guy somehow . . . or simply that both are immortal . . . remain to be seen.[/spoiler]

Mr. Hamrick

[spoiler]It could be that the spoilers regarding the "big bad" and the spoilers regarding Hiro's Hero have been mixed up for one another a time during some of the reporting.

IE: Hiro's Hero being extremely immortal and the "big bad" being a telepath. 

However, i would venture to guess that whatever the "big bad"'s powers are that it would need to put him on par with being a threat to Hiro and Peter as well as make him capable of of subjugating Sylar to his will.  Otherwise, Sylar could steal his power and we'd right back into the first half of Season One. 

I don't think Hiro's hero will turn out to be his father.  I say this specifically because it was hinted that Hiro would travel through time with "a princess" thus creating a potential time paradox.[/spoiler]

Outcast

Just a few days to go! Can't wait to see what happens next. :thumbup:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Two hours left!  And work hasn't asked me to come in early!  Maybe I'll get lucky tonight.

Conduit

Unfortunately, I live in New Orleans, and my local NBC station has decided again that the first Saints game of the season is so important that everyone who doesn't have ESPN needs to see it.  I can understand last year, being the first game since Katrina, but why this one?  Hopefully they'll get it up online soon after it airs.  I might end up setting my alarm early so I can watch it in the morning.

catwhowalksbyhimself

That does stink!  At least we can be thankful that it's available online.

Protomorph

Sci-Fi may even run it. Also, I see NBC is running it again Saturday evening at 8:00 EST. Not sure if it is a local thing or national thing. As with these things, your mileage may vary.

catwhowalksbyhimself

kkhohoho

|