• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Adding new meshes to the game

Started by DanielZKlein, July 03, 2007, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielZKlein

I feel really bad asking this because it's yet another very newbie question, but I just cannot seem to find anything on this (the tutorials on freedomfans dot com aren't helping in this regard at all). I don't think my question could be more basic: I want to add a mesh I downloaded from the net to FFvtTR. I downloaded a mesh and put it custom/art/library/characters. It shows up in the game when I go for new character and select show custom meshes, but when I click on it the game crashes. I'm sure I missed a step somewhere where I teach the game how to use the mesh, no?

Thanks!

(and again--I already said this in my other two threads--if someone just wants to slap me with a RTFM and a link to said M, I'd be thankful. I like reading about stuff and figuring it out on my own, it's just that I cannot find any tutorials/manuals that explain what I'm trying to do)

catwhowalksbyhimself

USAgent

It sounds like you installed the mesh correctly. But a number of the meshes that were made for the first game  :ff: crash the 2nd game  :ffvstr:.  All you need to do is run the mesh through the mesh(nif) converter and it most likely will fix the crashing problem.

the EZ Nif Converter is located here:
http://www.alexff.com/goodies.php

DanielZKlein

Ah yes, that was the problem! It was an FF mesh. Thank you very much!