• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Changeling from Teen Titans MOD powers working without the mod????

Started by CarlosMucha, June 28, 2007, 07:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlosMucha

Hi!

I just find the AWSOME Teen Titans mods and I put the characters in my FF characters folder but i notice what the powers of changeling don't work "outside" the Mod.

is any way of made him work with his changing animals powers??

or is made to work just in the mod??

if somebody knows please let me know!

Carlos

Previsionary

General tip, just moving a mesh from a mod won't allow you to use set up powers.

I believe all the titan hero files are in a folder named heroes so you can grab the herofiles from there.

The only other way to get the herofiles is to copy the characters using the in game editor...if that makes any sense.

Lunarman

But it's most likely that it's done using FFX therefore you'd have to take the FFX customisation with you too.

CarlosMucha

Mmm interesting. I will check that. if is made with efects or not.

when I open the Changeling folder I see skins for each anymal! each animal is a mesh, even Changeling as human is a mesh. and all are together inside a single folder called "Changeling" in the mod he play everything right. but when I put that Changeling folder in the custom characters the character don't work.

I think it maybe possible what only work with something internal info for work with the mod, but not outside the mod. afther all a mesh what turn in different mesh in the game looks like something compleicated for work outside the mod. But I will try a few things to see what happen.

who create this mod? he is a member here?

CarlosMucha

Lunarman, what do you meant?

my question is: if I save all the herofiles in a dvd, and all the mesh and skind in  a DVD and all the FFxs and afther a time I re install the game in the pc. the herofiles will nto longer be related to the FFxs? I will have to "conect" all the FFxs again??

"Conect" the FFxs in a lot of characters is a nice work, but only if you have to do it once.  :P

catwhowalksbyhimself

FFX and FX are two different things.  You seem to be mixing up the two.

FX are special effects for the powers.  They have nothing whatsoever to do with Changlings powers. As you said, each animal is a separate mesh and hero file.

FFX is Freedom Force X, Dr. Mike's extention to the game.  The Transform trait used by Changeling comes from it.  You have to use it to get him to work.  You'll also need his customization for to make him switch between the right forms.

Previsionary

I just want to say again...just because you grab the mesh doesn't mean he'll suddenly have powers outside of the mod. That, my friend, is what the herofile is for. I think you were confused about that fact.

CarlosMucha

Cat, you was right I was mixing that because just know because of you know something about the FFX.

I don't think what I will dare myself to go that far (at least not yet) maybe in the future I try it that FFX.

Previsionary . Yes, I get that. it was one of the first things what I learn when I just come in the game.

I'm still figuring out things baout the game like what is "hex" or if is easy or not take out capes or helms from mesh in a easy way (for what I see, is not lol)

thanks for the help! it was all very clear!