• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Computer tech help question

Started by Mr. Hamrick, June 21, 2007, 08:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Hamrick

Guys, I need some help here.  I just fired two .45 caliber bullets into my old PC and now the thing is not working.   

Think I should fire a third and see if that helps?

MJB

.45 caliber bullets? You are insane.

You should have used a 20 gauge shotgun.

-MJB

Panther_Gunn

I have to agree with MJB in your error, but not completely.  Two holes will not sufficiently vent the excess heat from the computer.  Buckshot from a 12 guage should provide the sufficient ventilation.  Just make sure you're getting lead shot, not that "eco-friendly" steel shot they're forcing on bird hunters nowadays.....that stuff just bounces.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: MJB on June 21, 2007, 09:35:41 PM
.45 caliber bullets? You are insane.

You should have used a 20 gauge shotgun.

-MJB

Well, there was never a question of my sanity was there?

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on June 21, 2007, 11:17:13 PM
I have to agree with MJB in your error, but not completely.  Two holes will not sufficiently vent the excess heat from the computer.  Buckshot from a 12 guage should provide the sufficient ventilation.  Just make sure you're getting lead shot, not that "eco-friendly" steel shot they're forcing on bird hunters nowadays.....that stuff just bounces.

I tried the using the 12 gauge but I think I created two different problems.

1) sat the hard drive on the balcony railing before we did it and well the thing went over the edge and I think it landed on someone.

2) I do know I am apparently am setting a bad example for my gf as she just took the 12 gauge and fired off two shots to try to to fix the television.  Either that or she's taking the initiative on getting that plasma screen we were looking at a few nights ago.  Actually, I'm proud of her but don't tell her that.

Tomato

Bah, you people and your insane theories! What you need to do is take a flamethrower to it. If you do it right, you'll make the thing half-size, and thus more portable!