• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Artistic Challenge 14 (Amalgam) Check Out the Art!

Started by Pyroclasm, February 20, 2007, 01:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Ha ha, oh man. I'm totally cracking up over those last two.

Pyroclasm

Bearded--
Here's how I got a random DC character for you:
I asked my wife to name a DC character off the top of her head.  (I didn't tell her what it was for.)
Her choice was Lex Luthor.

So, good luck with your Spider-Man/Lex Luthor amalgam.  :lol:

The Hitman

Quote from: bearded on March 24, 2007, 11:46:04 AM
Prez for Bush?

Heh heh... man, I TOTALLY didn't notice that until now! Maybe I should've given him a "What...me?" expression on his face...

Pyroclasm

Hopefully will have mine posted this weekend. (Finally!)  I have an excuse for being so tardy!  Blkcasanova247 and I were incorporating each other's entry together into our final image.  So we both drew 2 characters each!  Okay, not much of an excuse, but hopefully you like it.  Stay tuned.

Pyroclasm

And here is my entry finally!

As indicated on the image, the cover design was inspired by a Terry Dodson piece.  It featured Black Cat & Spider-man.

The new Amalgam Artistic Challenge is taking signups now.  Assignments to be handed out tomorrow.  Go and sign up!
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=42280.0

Glitch Girl

UnkoMan

Whoa, that's... incredibly sweet looking, actually. I'd totally read that comic.

bearded

comic?  i just want the skins!
inspires me to work on my task.

BentonGrey

Ohh, so awesome.  I love that Colossal Boy, and Black Bat is pretty cool too!

Revenant

Here's my long-overdue entry:

Death-Storm

Ororo Munroe nearly dies in a terrorist attack that leaves her orphaned.  When she awakens from her coma, she finds that she has inherited the powers of the goddess Rama Kushna, to control the weather as well as the minds of the living.  She uses her powers to fight for the poor people of her African homeland, righting the wrongs committed against them by tyrannical and warlike governments.

UnfluffyBunny

Glitch Girl

Revenant, that rocks.  Love the look and the whole back story.

Uncle Yuan

I lost track of this thread - but the "late" entries are great stuff.  Pyro - I particularly dig the bat cut-out on the Black Bat's costume!

Revenant

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 06, 2007, 07:48:03 PM
Revenant, that rocks.  Love the look and the whole back story.

Thanks Glitch Girl!

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on May 06, 2007, 08:56:52 PM
I lost track of this thread - but the "late" entries are great stuff.  Pyro - I particularly dig the bat cut-out on the Black Bat's costume!

yes that costume is awesome, sexy, fierce.. what else can i say about it.  Combining Batman elements with X-men mutant powers and Spidey's Black Cat... I want to read that whole comic!!

Nymph

I would actually like to urge you Pyro to make a full comic......that is incredibly awesome!
:thumbup:

I bet all of us would love to see it!

Pyroclasm

Thanks for the comments, everyone.  As for me doing a full comic featuring Black Bat, it is highly unlikely.  Besides not being a writer, it took me 2 months just to finish the cover mockup.  I don't think I want to spend the next 5 years trying to put together one issue.  :lol:

However, I do like the character and may draw her again in the future.  Perhaps fighting another Amalgam by The Hitman: Dr. Sourpuss.

MJB

I apologize for not getting my entry done. For those who don't know my scanner died on me some time ago and I haven't been able to pick up a replacement.

I did manage to find a way to get a sketch of my entry scanned in after all this time.

My assignment was Colonel Amercia (Marvel Zombies) + The Joker.

I sketched what the normal version of Captain Anarchy (my amalgam) and planned on drawing the zombie Colonel Anarchy after. Never made it to the second stage.

Anyway here is a very sloppy pen sketch colored as quick as I could manage. Looks like dookie but eh.

BTW I changed his boots in my second sketch. They are just military boots now not buccaneer boots.

-MJB

Pyroclasm

Glad to see your entry!
You should still join the challenges and just post the images later.  Later is always better than never, and your entries are ALWAYS welcome!
Great job!  :thumbup:

Revenant

Quote from: MJB on May 08, 2007, 11:27:27 PM
I apologize for not getting my entry done. For those who don't know my scanner died on me some time ago and I haven't been able to pick up a replacement.

I did manage to find a way to get a sketch of my entry scanned in after all this time.

My assignment was Colonel Amercia (Marvel Zombies) + The Joker.

I sketched what the normal version of Captain Anarchy (my amalgam) and planned on drawing the zombie Colonel Anarchy after. Never made it to the second stage.

Anyway here is a very sloppy pen sketch colored as quick as I could manage. Looks like dookie but eh.

BTW I changed his boots in my second sketch. They are just military boots now not buccaneer boots.

-MJB

He looks awesome, MJB.. I love the Anarchy symbol, good call on that!!
I'm interested in his story...

UnkoMan

Yeah, he looks like a fun character.

...and a perfect addition to the world of the Black Bat. Ha ha!

Glitch Girl

You guys SO need to do something with Black Bat and cast.  :D

Nymph

QuoteYou guys SO need to do something with Black Bat and cast. 

I second that! :P

MJB

Figure Fan

|