• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

rumble from the grave

Started by bearded, May 04, 2007, 09:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

can i call you condi?
thanks for all the bugs.  i've worked those out, and i think the ffx problem was due to spawning characters without the proper nextStage () command.  it seems to be working better now.
in fixing that, i noticed the summoned characters also could not use custom commands.  so, i found that i was naming them wrong in the spawn command, now that is fixed and the strategizing/planning just got better.  i'm going to place several random buildings, so you can custom spawn based on who you need for who you are fighting.
i'm also thinking of having clone turrets from the deja vu level show up occasionally, so you can fight evil versions of yourself.
somehow i accidently activated m25's ai for custom characters.  or at least, i think i did.  a lot of the villians have settings in the m25 custom ai python, but i wasn't activiting it apparently.  bad guys are fierce now!
what's your method for choosing avengers?  do you wait till the bank/avengers building shows up to recruit from?
i've also changed it so the cosmic/superman lvl characters are recruitable, but they generally cost 25k or more.  but, that's ok, becuase i put a 30k bonus on the final mission.  you'll need superman for it, for sure.
i'll be moving to san diego very soon, but i'll try to upload the new version before i go.

Conditioner

Quote from: bearded on May 29, 2007, 07:59:21 AM
i'll be moving to san diego very soon, but i'll try to upload the new version before i go.

that would be nice. I'm looking forward to it.

bearded

newest version.  3 random buildings place directly across from the base.  to counterbalance the benefit, sometimes you get a turret instead of a building! 
new building that lets you recruit mercenaries.  villians that are sometimes heroes.  not recruitable, and expensive, but fun!
a few buildings have talking heads.
http://beardlair.com/rumble.zip
make sure the filepath is correct.  this zip has no sounds or nif files.
now winnable!  i know, because i won it.  once.  i beat thanos with batman, iron fist, karma, and captain atom.  oh, and supergirl helped a little.

Conditioner

Quote from: bearded on June 05, 2007, 03:48:00 AM
newest version.  3 random buildings place directly across from the base.  to counterbalance the benefit, sometimes you get a turret instead of a building! 
new building that lets you recruit mercenaries.  villians that are sometimes heroes.  not recruitable, and expensive, but fun!
a few buildings have talking heads.
http://beardlair.com/rumble.zip
make sure the filepath is correct.  this zip has no sounds or nif files.
now winnable!  i know, because i won it.  once.  i beat thanos with batman, iron fist, karma, and captain atom.  oh, and supergirl helped a little.

it's not working at all after i installed the update. enemys arent appearing.

bearded

ah drat.  could you tell me exactly what happens?  does it open slightly in front of the base, and the hero is moveable, or is it a cut to the mission base, inside?
and could you show me what script.txt says?

bearded

i finally have everything back up and running, and wondering how i should release, since the full monty is 1.7 gig.
1.  just the scripts and missions, so ppl can install the characters themselves.
2.  scripts and missions, with no characters, but easy instructions for how to make your own characters.  involves setting them up with ffedit, or ezhero to dat, and then some name changes in the scripts.
3.  custom characters as a seperate download, in installments.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'd say the whole thing in 4 or 5 sections.

Or do all of them.  Cause, you know, certain feline types around here have more than enough bandwidth to burn if certain people need it.

BentonGrey

Yeah, I'd definitely advise you to package it all up together, or at least in sections.

bearded

i spoke to soon.  i have to fix this ffx problem i mentioned in the scripts forum.