• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Cmdrkoenig67's map thread....Resurrected!

Started by cmdrkoenig67, April 24, 2007, 08:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

I like 'em all.  Wow!  I can't wait to dl them.

Lunarman

WoW! Great work on all of them, you've done wonders.

BentonGrey

Woo-hoo!!  New maps from CC, and that water one is absolutely fantastic!

yell0w_lantern

R.O.M

cmdrkoenig67

Thanks much, guys! 

The Alien Mining Colony map will also come with a mine interior map.  I have a few more map ideas bubbling in my head...I'll get to them eventually...I'm still trying to get my mod together.

Dana

detourne_me

excellent maps Dana!
i love the apocalyptik one and the underwater,  but heck they are all awesome!

AfghanAnt

cmdrkoenig67

cmdrkoenig67

A few more MIPs (maps in progress)...

Rockies...

Cuban Port...

Cemetary

:D

BentonGrey

Ohh! Those look pretty great CK!  I really like the harbor one...I imagine I'll have a use for that in one of my Aquaman stories!

Previsionary

I think you and I need to share a convo someday.

Also, awesome. I'm soooo glad you're producing new ffvttr maps. We'll have to see about getting those on frp soonish, no? (GAH, work for me! LUUUUUUUDE!!!one1)

Epimethee

Very nice work. I'm waiting impatiently for the chance to play them. :)

cmdrkoenig67

Thanks guys...I really hit wall last year some time in making maps for  :ffvstr: , but I think I'm over it and I've got a few more in the planning stages (plus a few that have been finished, but never released).

Best.

Dana

laughing paradox

I can't wait for the release of these maps. They look phenomenal.

I really like what you did with the harbor map, with the water surrounding it all. Fantastic stuff!

Gremlin

SWEET! Anyway we could get a creepified version of that cemetery? Darker lighting or fog or whatnot?

cmdrkoenig67

There are plans, Gremmie...There are plans.

Dana :D

Boalt92

Great job as usual.

I'm always impressed at how you take an existing resource and make it look brand new.  I love how you used the German city for a harbor....you can actually have characters running UNDER the water instead of ON TOP of it (which REALLY annoys me!).

Looking forward to your next MIPs!

B92

cmdrkoenig67

qazwsx

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on October 11, 2008, 11:55:51 AM
A few more MIPs (maps in progress)...

Rockies...

Cuban Port...

Cemetary

:D

Lol at the cuban rocking it at the habour. Why don't you put a skysphere in it? Should help "stretch" the ocean out a bit. I know they work great to give mountain tops a sense of height.

Oh and btw I love your Sewer map from :ff: Any chance of a remake?

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: qazwsx on October 19, 2008, 10:10:08 PM

Lol at the cuban rocking it at the habour. Why don't you put a skysphere in it? Should help "stretch" the ocean out a bit. I know they work great to give mountain tops a sense of height.

Oh and btw I love your Sewer map from :ff: Any chance of a remake?

Possibly...The sky sphere is a possibility also...I would only be able to put a sky texture on it though (with no hint of the sea), or else my port would become an island.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

A few more peeks at other map projects...

The following pics are dark...This is because these maps are very dark (they're medieval and lit by torches and bonfires).  Dark map one...

Another dark map (strain your eyes...LOL)...

gengoro

yell0w_lantern

qazwsx

Powerful? It definitely reminds me of the Stonecutters hideout in the simpsons :lol: Oh and diablo too, on a more serious note.

jseturtle2

These are so cool looking! But every time I try to find a link, I get "IE cannot open this page" error. Are any of them up yet?

Previsionary

None of his latest maps are out and with FRP down (see the thread in promotions for a list of things unaccessible), a good deal of his maps are unobtainable and this includes his ff1 maps on FRP and FXforce.

cmdrkoenig67

Many of my old and new maps are on my Yahoo Groups....However, none of the new maps are released yet...I will put word out when they're available.

Dana

life_matrix

I've got two questions:

1) How do you get some of those screen grabs to show a view at an angle that can show the horizon? A good example would be your shots of your underwater map. I can hold down the [Alt] key and try to move the mouse around to adjust the viewing angle. But I can not seem to quite dip the view that close to the horizon. Is there a special trick involved?

2) Are there additional steps involved in getting your maps to work when FFvTR was not installed in the default directory?

For example, I tried to follow your instructions for the Collinwood map:
QuoteUnzip and place the "ds_mp_collinwood" folder in your Irrational Games/Data/Missions folder, THEN place the "_textures_collinwood" folder in your Irrational Games/Data/art/library/area_specific folder and it should then appear with your other Rumble Room maps.

I installed FFvTR in the root directory of my F: drive, making it: F:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich. However, there was no Data folder in my F:\Irrational Games\ directory, so I created one, as well as creating Missions and art/library/area_specific subfolders inside. I installed as instructed, but no new map was listed. Desperate, I also tried installing inside the Data folder of my Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich directory. (And, again, there was no Missions folder before I created one, nor an area_specific folder.)

Being a newb to both :ffvstr: as well as using maps, I'm probably overlooking something obvious. But I had to ask if this might be because of not installing in the default directory...

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: life_matrix on October 30, 2008, 08:59:17 PM
I've got two questions:

1) How do you get some of those screen grabs to show a view at an angle that can show the horizon? A good example would be your shots of your underwater map. I can hold down the [Alt] key and try to move the mouse around to adjust the viewing angle. But I can not seem to quite dip the view that close to the horizon. Is there a special trick involved?

Yes...There is a trick...A well-guarded secret...LOL, Kidding.  It takes a bit of code added to one of your game's PY files.  I'm sure there's a post around here somewhere that will tell you how to do it...I'll get back to you on this (since I'm terrible at explaining this sort of thing), unless somebody else steps in and helps you, before I get back to you on it.

Quote from: life_matrix on October 30, 2008, 08:59:17 PM
2) Are there additional steps involved in getting your maps to work when FFvTR was not installed in the default directory?

For example, I tried to follow your instructions for the Collinwood map:
QuoteUnzip and place the "ds_mp_collinwood" folder in your Irrational Games/Data/Missions folder, THEN place the "_textures_collinwood" folder in your Irrational Games/Data/art/library/area_specific folder and it should then appear with your other Rumble Room maps.

I installed FFvTR in the root directory of my F: drive, making it: F:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich. However, there was no Data folder in my F:\Irrational Games\ directory, so I created one, as well as creating Missions and art/library/area_specific subfolders inside. I installed as instructed, but no new map was listed. Desperate, I also tried installing inside the Data folder of my Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich directory. (And, again, there was no Missions folder before I created one, nor an area_specific folder.)

Being a newb to both :ffvstr: as well as using maps, I'm probably overlooking something obvious. But I had to ask if this might be because of not installing in the default directory...

Your  :ffvstr: folder doesn't have a Data folder in it?  Odd...I'm not really sure what to tell you about that.  I wish I could more help to you.

Dana

|