• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

novice- how do i install HEX meshes and other fancy meshes

Started by kelechi321, April 15, 2007, 06:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelechi321

:ffvstr:I having been playing  :ffvstr: for a while. But i am now trying to install the cooler HEX meshes that are out. But i have no idea how to install the hundreds of amazing hex meshes that i are out.  Everytime i open up the game or even NIf viewer and select a hex mesh file (such as  Grenadier's super cool Taskmaster) the window closes. Whats up?
I have read too many conflicting readme files as well as looked all over the forum,frworld.wikispaces.com, and Alexff for simple straight forward info but i am lost.
Help please

Is there a program that i can use to automatically make the hex meshes useable.
Again i stress, i would really appreciate a simple response ( i have NO experience modding, i just play the games)

Jakew

laughing paradox

Most meshes for  :ff: will work for  :ffvstr:

Like Jakew said before, get the EzNifConverter at Alex's Freedom Fortress and convert all the meshes that aren't working.

You should really use Character Tool 2 so you can see which meshes/hexes need to be converted. It's faster than lauching the game to be surprised. You can get Character Tool 2 under Mod Tools. (Don't let the name scare you, it's not so hard to use.)

kelechi321

Wow you folks are all amazing, accurate and prompt.
Your information solved 90% of my mesh issue. I so cant wait to play with them.
But i have noticed that i still have a few meshes that even after being run through EZnif do not work such as "Kid_quantum2_t  by tommyboy (a very cool mesh), and others. 
Again the mesh doesn't open up on Character edit (thanks for that advice) or nif viewer.
I am not sure what is going on there?

Another pattern i notice is that sometimes the nif viewer will give me the error message:
"Error loading Nif file. NIF File: NiClod: cannot find create function"
Any ideas what to do there.