• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Turkish Batman and Superman

Started by Epimethee, April 06, 2007, 08:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimethee

Some of you might have seen these already, but if not...  :rolleyes:

http://www.thethinkingblog.com/2007/04/turkish-version-of-batman-and-robin.html
http://www.thethinkingblog.com/2007/03/superman-in-hollywood-bollywood-and.html

My vote goes to the Bollywood Spidergirl (predating her first comic book appearance!) and Superman.

MikeB7

ROFL!  Those are just spectacularly bad.   :lol:

Volsung

I've been lucky enough to watch Trukish superman on a tape.
But you should see turkish starwars! it's a masterpiece

Epimethee

Quote from: Volsung on April 07, 2007, 03:53:23 AMBut you should see turkish starwars! it's a masterpiece
I just watched a few scenes (linked from the Superman page above). Maybe it's these guys who did the Phantom Menace?  :P

Volsung

Turkish star wars is 80 minutes...
I endured it all... alone...without pause...I'm alive but barely...

Zippo

Superman and Spidergirl's dance number was perhaps the most intense thing I've seen all year.

thanoson

See, this makes Baby Jesus cry. Who would do such a thing to Baby Jesus?

BlueBard

Holy Hollywood, Batman!  Those were worse than awful!

The Turkish versions are truly bad, but that Bollywood number was incredibly horrible.  The Turkish versions were at least remotely in character and the special effects (such as they were) at least get points for trying to look okay.

I cannot wrap my mind around a Superman that spends his time dancing and making out with a girl in a spider-man costume (even while flying!) with the occasional break to beat up muggers.  The 'fight' scene was totally ridiculous by any standard.

I find I cannot bring myself to see what the Turkish Star Wars looks like and any curiosity I might have had about Bollywood productions has been completely eradicated.

Uncle Yuan

Bollywood = cheese (panir, of course).

Actually, that looks like a completely wretched example of the style.

Still, even at its best Bollywood is an odd experience.  You may not realize it, but film "genres" are a cultural expression and different cultures draw the lines of genre differently.  For example, all Bollywood films "must" contain a romantic plot and "must" contain several music/dance numbers.  For action movies these often occur together.  They seem completely jarring to a western point of view, but then they're not western films. . . .

Cardmaster

At first, the Superman/Spider-Girl thing blew my mind simply because of the necessary DC/Marvel crossover for such a thing to happen...

and then they started dancing.  :blink: :huh:

-CM

Toxic_J

Volsung

The Pwime

yes, i'm actually speechless for once...  :blink:

Lude

I'm lost for words... .the turkish star wars in particular was .......

Luke ripping everyones head off and bouncing around... geesh... tooo insane

Volsung

I recommend this climax^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbYczbBlatA

(By the way you can find the whole movie on youtube by typing "Cüneyt Arkın - Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam Part" but it's better with crispy subtitles^^)