• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Insomnia leads me to make my first micro hero in years and a DCUA Character

Started by DetroitBerserker, May 31, 2008, 07:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DetroitBerserker

Well then, you all might not know me since I'm pretty brand spankin' new to actually being on the forums as a registered user after a couple years of being a guest. Recently I have been suffering bouts with insomnia and at about 4am this morning i stared at a micro-hero for 10 minutes. No real reason, but then I remembered when I used to mess around making my own. Used to be mediocre at it, then the phase passed. 4 years later and I realize I have no real avatar on here, and that saddens me.
I present to you 3 hours of messing with mspaint and this handy dandy website I found which you may find here...if I did this right...http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/ (new to the forum tools, you see.)
edit: By the way, the web site's in Spanish. I was too lazy to even attempt to hunt down one in English, so I roughed it.

also in the past 5 minutes I decided on a story and some powers for him.

:spoiler:[spoiler]
The Detroit Berserker - Earl Q. Washington III

Earl Q. Washington III was a poor boy from a Detroit Trailer Park. When Earl was very young, a neighbor from the next trailer over by the name of Vincent Bing, who by the way is a very despicable man, "drop-kicked" Earl into the park's sewage creek for reasons unkown (but he was heard mumbling something about Earl's parents and their collection of Buddha statues). He discovered not long after the incident that he could heal very fast and strange events occurred and strange powers manifested in different ways whenever he listened to certain types of music. For example, when he listened to something along the lines of classic rock, he found his skin was completely unbreakable, whereas when he listened to something along the lines of 80's pop, his vision would go black and he'd wake up hours away from civilization and here news reports concerning "Giant Monsters" and "Heinous Mass Murder." With these powers, Earl thought he could become a "super-hero" and decided to buy a bow to make up for his lack of range and grab his hammer that was a gift from some friends and wander around Detroit and fight crimes(blah blah blah). As he was leaving his trailer park home, Vincent attacked Earl once again, and in the process discovered Earl's ability to heal. With this knowledge, Vincent decided to throw himself into the creek to hopefully duplicate the effect. His experience did not go as pleasantly or as smoothly as young Earl's did...
I'll elaborate on his story another time.

[/spoiler]

So as not to take up your entire browser window, which I apologize if my text has already done, you may find the images below...once again, if I did this right...
[spoiler]  [/spoiler]
Ah, and I made his costume with my 4 favorite comic characters in mind. (Thor, Deadpool, Alan Scott, and Green Arrow)

Uncle Yuan

A)Welcome!

B) Nice micros - I prefer the hooded one, although it pretty thoroughly blocks the hammer

c) Timm models - the hammer is just too huge, and here I prefer the hoodless figure.  I also prefer this costume design.  The bow works well, although the string looks like it's going though his arm. (I also think it's in the wrong hand if he's a righty - but I'm not certain about that.)