• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Problem: Invisible skin for DrFate_Modern

Started by Doctor TOC, March 14, 2007, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor TOC

Ever have one of those days when you know you're doing something dumb but you can't figure out what it is? I picked up Justinthyme's excellent DrFate_Modern hex from Alex's Freedom Fortress, and followed the instructions, but the skin itself doesn't show up in the Character Tool. The helmet, cape, shoulder bits, amulet and glove cuffs all show up, but the body of the figure is plain white. In the game, the glow effects for the boots, trunks and gloves show up - as well as the aforementioned cape etc - but the body is quite transparent. Okay, it's a neat effect, but the picture at the Freedom Fortress leads me to believe this isn't intentional.

Nothing I do seems to change this. I did everything as instructed in the readme file, so I'm completely baffled. Can anyone whap me with the clue stick, or maybe point me at an alternate skin for it?

cheers,

Chris

P.S. Apologies if this isn't the right section of the forums, but since it's a query about a hex of an existing mesh, I figured it should go here :-)

Lunarman

the main skin might be alphaed out but it seems unlikely. Can you check yourself or do you not have photosop?

Lunarman

Doctor TOC

I thought of that possibility, but I don't have photoshop.

justintyme2174

For some reason I saved some of my older skins at the wrong color resolution.  If you don't have a paint program to increase it yourself pm me with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Doctor TOC