• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

doubling up on animations with Nifskope?

Started by Carravaggio, March 02, 2007, 08:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carravaggio

Thanks to Revenant and co. i'm both inspired and capable of using Nifskope to add and copy mesh bits etc. Its a very handy skill.
Now it seems you guys are doing some out there stuff with keyframes. hexing them to change on for another has been enough for me so far, but i have an idea for a change in a set of KF, but i need to know if its at all possible, either via nifskope of just plain ol' hexing.

What i'm aiming to do is copy an existing animation (hover, say) and rename it to idle while still retaining the original hover. The prolem with hexing KF to swap animations is that you lose one of them, if i use hover as idle, i know have no viable hover.

Ideally i'd like to know if i can copy the animation, rename it and add it to the KF list without disrupting the original animation it was copied from. Possible? impossible? Would it be as simple as opening KF in nifskope, copying the branch (or whatever never seen KF in Nifskope before), pasting and renameing it and BAM, instant copy of animation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Revenant

yes you can do that, Symon put it in the tutorial, you copy an existing animation and then rename it. 

Carravaggio

cool. thanks Rev. i must've missed that in the tutes.