• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

NOV 09 "War never changes."

Started by Carravaggio, February 22, 2007, 07:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Carravaggio

I hope so, i'd love to have voices for each of these characters...i'd record them myself if need be, but i live between three pubs, a highway and an industrial trainline...there is no such thing as quiet around here...on the plus side the rent is dirt cheap!

This is intended to be the standard skin for the clowns, just needs some more work on the hair.
Its a skope/hex of Texas Jack's Toad, with the tounge and some of the hair removed, and the nose and baubles on the chest added. there will be at least three other skins for the mesh so that when you randomise the skins in game you should get a fair bit of variety.

For those who haven't checked releases lately, I've set up a yahoo group to house my newest stuff until NPI is updated, the link is in my signature. Get some skins and hexes, try'em out and lemme know what you think! I won't post the circus stuff until i have more of it finished.

Carravaggio

an early WIP pic of the harliquinn/jester characters from the circus. i'm thinking these guys tend to be bosses of the clowns and are accompanied by a small pack of them wherever they go.
do you guys reckon she should have the frills around her ankles, (like she does here) or lil booties like robin/dick grayson/robin hood wears?

Revenant

This whole set is a great idea, Carravaggio!  they look amazing and will prove very useful in the long run.  Hae you considered doing a scary clown thug on the runt mesh?  I always wanted to do a gang of joker henchmen with clown paint using that mesh.  Also you inspired me to work on my Joker skin! 

Can't wait to see what's next!

Dartman X

Well you already know I'm a huge fan, Carr.  I love the creepy clown, and the concept itself as a whole.

I've always said we need more villians - how many times can you kick the snot out of 'thug 2'? :)

Carravaggio

Quote from: Dartman X on February 26, 2007, 06:52:44 PM
Well you already know I'm a huge fan, Carr.  I love the creepy clown, and the concept itself as a whole.

I've always said we need more villians - how many times can you kick the snot out of 'thug 2'? :)
My thoughts exactly. i mean, i'm still using the stock standard badguys from the original game. this is my attempt to change that trend.
Thanks for checking in, more on the way!

Quote from: Revenant on February 26, 2007, 06:46:36 PM
This whole set is a great idea, Carravaggio!  they look amazing and will prove very useful in the long run.  Hae you considered doing a scary clown thug on the runt mesh?  I always wanted to do a gang of joker henchmen with clown paint using that mesh.  Also you inspired me to work on my Joker skin! 

Can't wait to see what's next!
Me either, especially since i KNOW whats next! I had thought of doing some 'thug-clowns' to act as scary roustabouts for the carnival/circus, and the runt mesh is perfect, after all thos guys are scary enough as they are! Cool news to hear you have a Joker skin in the works, i'll be VERY interested to see how that turns out.

More on the weekend, University is catching up with me and its only the 2nd week back for the year!

daerdevil

I'm sorry, that clown is just too creepy!  I don't think I can download it, without inducing some massive nightmares.  Let me know when you do some Care Bears or something.

Carravaggio

second clown, more to come soon.

Burnout

well the skins look cool the clown looks reallly freaky though

detourne_me

im lovingthis soo much Carravaggio!

clowns and trolls were the only things that made me scared in my childhood,  and to see one of these fears come to such ... realization/fruition is great!
however a little critique, i nthe latest preview it looks as though his facepaint doesn't completely cover his jaw, not a big thing i know, since clowns like to keep a distinct neckline.
but yeah,  great stuff.   now we need a circus map to accomodate these baddies!

Revenant

Nice one, his face is so detailed!

Carravaggio

an update on the harliquin mini boss character, its pretty much done, i just have to reskin the gun and do a few touch ups.

an update for the strongman character. i think he looks a little plain, suggestions, anyone?

by the way, these guys own in the rumble room!

next up, either the Fortune Teller, or the worlds tallest woman!

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Carravaggio on March 02, 2007, 07:54:53 AM

an update for the strongman character. i think he looks a little plain, suggestions, anyone?
Hmm...of the top of my head I'd say maybe deepen the red....put some laces on the boots and how about a belt buckle? Ooh and a couple of black leather wristbands.

BatWing

Kings of the Carnivel Creations has arise!!!!???

this calls for dimmu borgir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evwYrhj-bcI

Carravaggio

update for the Strongman

Flamehead: I've been listening to a lot of Dimmu Borgir, lately, maybe that was an inspiration?

Blkcasanova247

Yeah man...Right on!  :thumbup: He's lookin a lot beter. Nice work Carravaggio. 

UnkoMan

I was going to suggest maybe a leopard print for his trunks, but this actually looks pretty good. Those little details add nicely. Maybe some studs on the armbands, if you want to go crazy.

I'm loving this evil circus stuff. A circus of super villains is always a good idea.

BatWing

Quote from: Carravaggio on March 03, 2007, 04:52:30 AM

update for the Strongman

Flamehead: I've been listening to a lot of Dimmu Borgir, lately, maybe that was an inspiration?

of course :thumbup:

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on March 02, 2007, 08:00:57 AM
Quote from: Carravaggio on March 02, 2007, 07:54:53 AM

Hmm...of the top of my head I'd say maybe deepen the red....put some laces on the boots and how about a belt buckle? Ooh and a couple of black leather wristbands.
i'd actually suggest widening the belt into a proper weight lifters belt..

Tortuga

Awesome stuff, Carr!  For the Strong Man I'd suggest the wider belt as well (as LE said) and maybe a leopard print outfit instead of solid red.  That line/wrinkle across his head (about halfway) seems quite strong -- could it toned down a bit?

Great faces and details all around.

Tomato

Meh, might as well throw my hat in... He needs some more pronounced highlights on his eyebrows, or something to fill in that gap on his forehead.

As far as the design though... you're right, he needs something more... Increase the belt size, like LE and Tortuga said, maybe play around with some tatoos or something, I guess. That doesn't seem quite right eithor, but it's worth playing with.

Carravaggio

man, i have a short attention span! no sooner do i get into a project than i find myself lured away to another.
case in point: in the midst if the 15 character strong 'evil circus' skin set, i was compelled to get back to some good ol' spandex fare, so i dug up some designs i had sketched for an all african-american superhuman team.

Sunwalker was struck by a meteor that hurtled into earth's atmosphere. It altered his body forever, imbuing him with the power of a sun! (the 'sun' on his chest is a skoped on light from mr mechanical, via Rev's helpful lil trick)

Knightlight came across a dying alien in the wilds. this alien explained that he was a protector and soldier of a great cosmic monarchy, a being of considerable honour and responsibility that defended the innocent and punished the guilty. Before he died the alien knighted the human and handed him it's glowing gauntlets, that when donned, imbued the human with vast energy sculpting powers!

Sure i'm not being too subtle here. The rest of the seven strong team are...
The Dash: superspeedster empowered by a bizarre lab accident
Nightgod: Lord of the Night, this shadowy vigilante fights to avenge past transgressions that haunt him
The Deep: Exiled from of the deepest, darkest water realm, the Deep finds a new life fighting crime amidst his new collegues
The Perfection: The pinnacle of female power and pride, her strength surpasses all mortal men!
The Outsider: Alien being, or man out of time? plucked from his reality by an errant energy field, The Outsider struggkes to make sense of our modern world, but is aided by his telepathy and density controlling powers.

Never let it be said I'm original :)
still those two were fun to skin, i hope to get the other five done before i get distracted by something else.
Sunwalker needs a lot more work, but i'm just so darn pleased with the chest sun symbol that i had to share.
C&C welcome etc.

(edited for typos)

The Pwime

hot friggen damn, the light on Sunwalkers chest looks SO, SOOOO cool.

I gotta give something like that a shot on one of my skins, one day...

Carravaggio

Caught in the wake of a malfunctioning atom smasher, the man who would become the Dash discovered he could accelerate his atoms to move and react at superspeeds!
C&C welcome
The problem with the light on the chest trick is that i'm tempted to use it for everyone! Knighlight could have it, dash could have a lightning bolt version etc. still if i use it too mush it'll become old hat.
also i'm thinking about skoping over a medival stle helm for Knightlight to better suit his motif. thoughts?
More to come soon, then back to the circus.

AfghanAnt

I am really loving the character design on all of these. You have inspired me to work on some originals while I've got the time.

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Carravaggio on March 11, 2007, 08:08:46 PM
also i'm thinking about skoping over a medival stle helm for Knightlight to better suit his motif. thoughts?
More to come soon, then back to the circus.
great skins, you've been one of my favorite skinners for a long time. about skoping a helmet.. i dunno, given the over all design, a medeivel helmet might look out of place.. give it a shot though, i could be wrong and it might look really awsome :P

Carravaggio

ok so maybe it'll have to be a roster of eight teammates, cos Rev's hexed hawkgirl has inspired me to attempt a rather ambitious hex to make the hawkman 'equivalent'.
name still pending, i'm thinking of going with garuda, but its not final yet.
the skin is not mine, its a placeholder for the original mesh
which means this is more a hex/skope preview than a skin C&D, but i can't see the sense in making a new thread for one post.
problem with this skoped mesh is...it don't work. at all. on either game. my last shot os to try the NPI style conversion pack and see if that works. all the parts are FF1, but it won't work on either game, and i dunno why. actually i might ask for help in the hex section anyway.
anyway, i wante dthis guy to be heavy with lots of little armour pieces. It uses Renegade's owlman cowl, tommyboy weapons, grenadiers armours and a vx male_wings mesh.
fingers crossed that i can get it to work...

FLASH_22798

I don't know what the original mesh was, but it's possible that something may have been deleted that was required for the animations.   Maybe a cape piece, or weapon or something.   Defenitely go to the hexing section for help though before you convert it.

Knightlight has a great color scheme, as for a helmet, maybe try the helmet off of Tommyboy's Prometheous mesh?   

Carravaggio

Funny thats actually the helmet i've had in mind all along. its cool looking, and its got the medival-esque grill on the front. ill give it a go, mainly out of curiosity. i think ive prety much convinced myself that he looks fine as is.
thanks for the comments guys, it motivates me to thin that eventually other people will ghet some enjoyment out of all these skins and hexes.
hmmm just notice dthe goggles on Dash, they look like they should drop down a bit. dammit more work.
i managed to get Garuda to work in FF1, but no luck in FF2 yet, which is a shame cos i really wanna support the second game with these characters (plus FFX3.2 etc.)
More to come soon, The perfection is in the works, and then its a toss up between who goes next: the deep or the outsider!
THEN its back to the carnival/circus :)

UnkoMan

Oh man, these are awesome. An a pure ball of light for a logo is a great idea. And African JLA is an awesome idea.

Man, I love this creative surge going on. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

BatWing

|