• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Afghan Ant Artistic Advances: 12-07-2008 Atomik Backwards

Started by AfghanAnt, February 19, 2007, 09:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

murs47

So AA, did you clone yourself? How are you pumping out quality and quantity at the same time?

I have no idea who this guy is, but if you say he's the greatest I may check it out.

And of course, excellent skin. :)

laughing paradox

That face on Miracleman is on point. Good job with that.

Nice to see you're doing the rest of the Miracle family... all you really need is Kid Miracle, though, and a handful of citizens to let the carnage play itself out. I wonder if you can customize the rain FFX feature by turning it red?

billdamn22

Ya know, every time I take a look in your skins thread I am completely blown away. I never have anything to say and just stare at your work in awe. You have inspired me to put more work into my faces, and you just raised the bar that much higher. Thank you.

AfghanAnt

I'm glad you guys love the face. I really wanted to capture the character especially after rereading the first 10 issues during Thanksgiving.

Quote from: ips on December 07, 2008, 04:37:33 PM
didn't you cover these guys before? this is an update isn't it?

Yup, I wasn't very happy with my previous work and since I feel a strong connection to the character and he isn't well covered as say Superman or Captain Marvel (he is based on both), I wanted to do a definitive Miracleman skin that even if I stop skinning people find it and go "wooo."

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on December 07, 2008, 05:12:18 PM
I wanted to do a definitive Miracleman skin that even if I stop skinning people find it and go "wooo."

I would say you succeeded.

Zippo

Oh man, amazing work here, simply superb.

The faces on Shatterstar and Miracleman are just downright awesome. You've really outdone yourself with Miracleman in particular.

kssaints

AA the latest skins you have put out are amazing. But of course anyone who admires your work would exspect nothing less. I especially like what you did with Shatterstar. Not a big fan of the character. But I'm going to use him just because of your skin. Wish I could do what you do with the faces and exspressions. You're very tallented.

Blkcasanova247

tommyboy

I like the old one more.....

Just kidding.
They are both good skins, but the superior mesh and skin on the new one contrive to make the old one look less good than it actually is.
Actually, saying the new one is 'good' is a bit of an understatement. 'Breathtakingly good' is probably more appropriate.
The one thing I think I might actually prefer on the older version is the chest logo. I know that it changes throughout the series, and the one you've used is accurate, but the M's on the old one look a bit crisper to me. Now, that may be something that close examination of the new one in ctool dispels, and I certainly don't suggest the new logo is wrong in any sense. But I do like the M's on the old one. The new M's are clearly well suited to the style used, and the old ones might well look weird on the new skin.
The face captures the ethereal beauty, the almost Aryan Perfection combined with a distance from humanity and it's concerns that we are shown and told of in the books.
Great stuff, and best of all, I really like the MM family, so it wont seem weird for me to want these (unlike me wanting your Shatterstar or Longshot skins)...

Vertex

Actually I was gonna ask.. did someone put his head in a vice and stretch it out??  :blink:

Johnny Patches

Quote from: Vertex on December 08, 2008, 10:02:17 AM
Actually I was gonna ask.. did someone put his head in a vice and stretch it out??  :blink:
it was a hard task but i viced the son of a gun down with a skopevice  ;)  :P  :cool:

Vertex

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Vertex on December 08, 2008, 11:31:15 AM
You really hated him that much? :(

It is only because I told him too.  :twisted:

I really wanted to get the long face look he has in the comics. I am personally in love with the changes JP made to male_basic.

UnkoMan

Wow, that's a skin.

But the skope is making me want to update a character of my own... Johnny Patches, when I get back to having internet would you mind havin' a little chit chat with me? I'd like to ask you a couple of things.

yell0w_lantern

:thumbup:
I'd love to see a hero file for that guy.

Figure Fan

Holy crap..

I'm finishing up that article on the history of MiracleMan..

It's a miracle that he was able to be published..

:blink:

Figure Fan

Oh and the skin is incredibly well done. I love the face and the work on the costume portions. Maybe one of your best skins to date?

Figure Fan

Quote from: ips on December 12, 2008, 02:40:12 PM
i'd like to file a complaint. who do i have to write a strongly worded letter to?! there hasn't been enough updates on your website. hmph.

Better yet--make it a petition! :P

the_ultimate_evil

i'd like to file a complaint. who do i have to write a strongly worded letter to?! there hasn't been enough updates on your website. hmph.

we at hero force respect our fans opinions and value there well though out feedback, you're post is in a queue and will be answered as soon as possible, in the mean time we would love it if you continued to hold

da dum da dum, da da da da dum da dum da dum

martialstorm

Fantastic skin, the body is a great representation of the tall, lean look of the character and the face really captures Miracleman's emotional distance from humanity.

Great job!

Podmark

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on December 13, 2008, 12:05:12 PM

we at hero force respect our fans opinions and value there well though out feedback, you're post is in a que and will be answered as soon as possible, in the mean time we would love it if you continued to hold

da dum da dum, da da da da dum da dum da dum

Little did IPS know that the 'que' is really just the recycling bin. We at Hero Force are green conscious.

AfghanAnt

:dusts off update request:

Well, since Pod did it I guess I need to as well.

|