• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Would someone like to give me a hand?

Started by Podmark, February 18, 2007, 11:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

I'm trying to add some pieces to a mesh, and it involves some resizing (done) and re positioning. Positioning things properly is tough, but more annoying the parts aren't keeping in place properly when the mesh is moving. If anyone has had success with this and wouldn't mind taking a look at my work it could really help me out. I'd send along the mesh and instructions, maybe ref picks.

The pieces being added are from tom's female_versatile being added to a female ink mesh.

JKCarrier

Make sure you're attaching the piece to a bone (e.g., "Bip01 Head", "Bip01 L Thigh", etc.). Also check to see if the piece you're attaching has a branch called "NiSkinInstance" -- if it does, delete it.

If you still can't get it worked out, you can send it to me at jkcarrier AT aol.com and I'll take a look.

Podmark

Thanks JKC, Detourne_me is already helping me. But I believe you are right, Det told me the NiSkinInstance was the problem. I should have thought of that myself, it's right in the tutorial.

Carravaggio

eh, don't worry i was making the same mistake up till about 5 mins ago (BTW thanks Rev!)

detourne_me

Hey pod, sorry for the delay in getting back to you bro.   had a few lond days at work, and a really unexpected visit from a friend

Podmark

It's cool Det, no rush. Good to hear from you though.

FLASH_22798

QuoteAlso check to see if the piece you're attaching has a branch called "NiSkinInstance" -- if it does, delete it.

Do you guys mean, just to delete the branch called 'NiSkinInstance' from the added piece?   Or if the bone you're attaching it to has the 'NiSkinInstance'?

Sorry, my brain's just not working right today.

JKCarrier

Delete the NiSkinInstance from the added piece.

FLASH_22798

Thanks JKC, the way brain's been working lately, I been having a heck of a time understanding the tutorials.   You guys have been a great help.