• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Started by UnkoMan, February 17, 2007, 12:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitt Basher

Quote from: UnkoMan on March 25, 2007, 11:28:46 AM
words ... pics ... more words

Hmm... I wonder if I should write all my changed background stories for these characters. Are people interested in knowing? I'd keep them short, of course.

UHH YEAAAAHHHH!!!  Background stories for these characters is half of the fun.  Great work all around on these Unko!

The Pwime

oh man, that's wicked.  :D  the pose is great, just great, and the design itself is really neat.

i already knew a little about the background story because you previewed it to me along with the "shadow monsters," but in case I didn't mention it already, I love it.  

man, I gotta see if I can get around to skinning the Unkoverse Pwime and some of the "shadow creatures" one day (if you don't mind, of course).

the_ultimate_evil

Tomato

Quote from: UnkoMan on March 25, 2007, 11:28:46 AM
Hmm... I wonder if I should write all my changed background stories for these characters. Are people interested in knowing? I'd keep them short, of course.

I am, at the very least. That Pwime concept was interesting enough that I'd love to see what you come up with for other characters.

UnkoMan

Okay, well... gosh, I said that but now I can't hardly remember them.

Well Le Revenant's is sorta the same as his actual one:
A young man was murdered due to his sexuality. Being quite religious he had always assumed the fact that he was gay would condem him to hell, thus his soul traveled to where he assumed it to be: the centre of the Earth. While there, however, he finds no Hell, just molten hot magma. Questioning his beliefs and now very existance he ponders what to do with himself. Suddenly a mysterious entity shows up. It's flashy and a big spectacle. The magical godlike being gives this man a sense of purpose. He must be recreated, and given fantastic powers, so that he can wreak awful vengance on those who did him wrong, and those who would do other's wrong. Recreating a body out of the molten lead of the Earth (along with magic hair and clothes, because it looks better) he makes his way back to the Earth's surface.

Basically he becomes a spooky Dr. Fate/Strange sort of guy. He's not as powerful a magician, but he can shoot blasts of magma out of any part of his body (usually hands or mouth). He also happens to burn anything he touches, thus he is always floating. Sort of morose, he is one of the big guns the other heroes call in when things look desperate.

I'll post some more in a bit.

UnkoMan

Syn:
Syn is actually one in a line of many. There is a small group of people in a remote area of the world who worship an ancient being. Every generation they choose a new champion to become host to their elder god. Little do they know, this "god" is actually an artificial intelligence created at the fall of the last universe. It was suppose to be used to find a way to stop their impending demise, but it never fulfilled that goal. Instead it became self aware with the remaking of reality. However, it didn't do much, and eventually found itself on Earth, where it lay dormant until stumbled upon by an aboriginal group of peoples. It found that it could adopt a host body, but it was bonded with that host until their demise.

Anyhow, the cult has a bunch of trials for their teen men, as soon as the previous bearer dies. They know whenever this happens due to the flash of pink light as the AI returns to its temple. The one who passes the trials gets ritual blades implanted in their forearms and becomes one with the AI. This bonding causes them to unlock their body and mind's full potential, allowing incredible feats. They also have a limited form of psychic energy, with which the blades are empowered. They then travel the world consuming knowledge, which they will eventually bring back to their people. Also, they do a lot of killing since the AI thinks it can do whatever the heck it feels like.

House Quake and Supercracker... Hmm.. To be honest I didn't come up with ones for them. House Quake is just one bad mother who happens to have a rock arm and is sweet as heck, and Supercracker is... like the Thing I guess. I just thought a picture of them fighting would be awesome.

Benton Grey was...
Well he was suppose to be the last of his kind. An ancient race of aquatic people that had protected man before man knew how. Eventually, however, the humans grew out of them, and evolved into something more dominant. They had no time for the ancient legends of fish people. They had no time for nature. They began their industry and their waste. Eventually their ways killed off most of their former protectors. Slowly they melted into smaller and smaller patches, until one day... dying... a mother left her infant baby alone on a reef before being consumed by sickness. This baby somehow managed to survive. He grew up not knowing language, socializing with any schools of fish that would have him. But he grew up strong, and he grew up tough. Yadda yadda, eventually he finds the human world and his innate sense to protect them shows through. Soon after that, however, he discovers how they destroyed his people and gets super ticked. So he's sort of begrudging hero/villain. I guess like Namor, you might say. He's super humanly athletic and strong, heightened senses (especially touch), low level telepathy (since that's how they communicated), and such. Your average "sea guy" I suppose, except I was thinking he might have a bit of a healing touch.

And Lunarman:
Lunarman used to be an astronaut... FROM THE FUTURE. Not too distant, though. His father was actually non-human, of a highly intelligent race, of which he inherited his smarts. Anyhow, he was a golden boy. The pride of the space program. Now, don't think that flying all over space was routine. His father was an alien, but nobody knew it. He looked like a normal human. Missions to space were still limited. The man who would be Lunarman was actually on being sent to the moon to establish a communications system for further space exploration. It was suppose to be a routine mission, that is before a crazy black hole opened up on the path there. Why? How? Who knows for sure (I might) but whatever it was, it sucked Lunarman in and back through time. The strength of the event horizon was so great that it actually altered Lunarman's mollecules, giving him amazing control over gravity. Of course, he had no idea at first. He flew his ship down to Earth and was immediately sought by government forces. Fleeing, he eventually realized his ability. Blah blah, costume, blah blah, crime fighting.

Man, the quality of the writing goes down with each one I do. But gosh, there is so much stuff there. You guys get the basic stories. As for my own avatar... I don't have an origin. Purposefully. Unko Man is just a mysterious, slightly insane character who just shows up a lot, whose sole purpose is to fight crime. Does he have powers? Maybe, but probably not. Is he actually asian? Well he talks with a japanese accent some of the time. What's up with those gumballs? He's just a fella, is all.

Kitt Basher

Protomorph

well done, Unko! These are neat :)

Nymph

wat happened to the team shot?? :(

Glitch Girl

Awesome job UnkoMan , I'm really digging these redesigns, especially Revenant, Pwine, and Syn.

UnkoMan

Quote from: Nymph on March 28, 2007, 03:59:21 PM
wat happened to the team shot?? :(

Well Nymph, I was planning a team with you, Green Jay (fade), Rubberdude, Aquasurfer, Burnout, and Charmed (he was requesting alternates), called The Young Ones. But then Charmed left. And Rubberdude changed his av. And Burnout hasn't been around, but I totally wanted a fire guy.

Your design and Green Jay's were pretty awesome though. I'm thinking I will use Tomato and maybe Figure Fan for a fire person and stretchy guy. Does Captain Pluto still hang around? His av was sweet looking, and ice would be a good power. Then again his avatar wasn't exactly young... Does anybody have suggestions? I think a good team is about five to seven people, so I'm looking for a couple more.

The Pwime

QuoteAnd Rubberdude changed his av.

Multiple times and counting.  :P

The Hitman

If you don't mind them not hanging around so much anymore, there's Intelli Gent. I did a couple of avatar skins for him, and I still think I have the pics...

Lunarman

OMG, I didn't see this, I really must add this board to my 'view' list. That is too awesome Unko, thankyou ever so much

Mr. Hamrick

hey Unko "You're da" Man,

feel free to give my av a shot.  I'd prefer to stay something of a media themed villain or maybe a "gothic jester"/"phantom of the opera-ish" or Bond Villain type theme . . .  the character name i have been using is Edgar Hammond but feel free to do a rename (as I never came up with a villain name).

BatWing

charmed left? :o

his micros are awsome too

UnkoMan

Alright, I've got the Young Ones done. Because every universe needs a team of teen heroes to deal with teen villains... and teen issues.

Their members are Figure Fan, Tomato, Green Jay, Nymph, and Zippo.
Stories? Mostly the same I guess. Figure Fan is a super stretchy kid. Usually a good laugh, but as the team's leader he can switch to serious at the drop of a hat. Tomato is a mysterious fire controlling youth who constantly wears a giant red helmet. Who knows what secrets it hides? Well... we do. Green Jay is somebody you might not really know, but basically he's got claws and exploding bird-a-rangs and retractable wings. You need a sweet close combat fighter? He's your man. Nymph is the master of water and fulfills the team's girl quota. And finally Zippo, a telekinetic test tube baby who is learning what it means to be human.

They gained their powers individually, and used them either to fight petty crime or just make life easier. But they were brought together via Zippo's run from the military. Now they fight slightly less petty crime and crazy monsters and space aliens and junk, while constantly having to avoid the government. It's the perfect setup!

And also... I semi-discussed some stuff with Volsung. He didn't have an avatar. Now he does...

Lord Volsung. Crazed toy maker, he plots to control the entire world and make all of humanity his puppets. I just realized I forgot the giant windup key in the back of that maid of his. Oh well. Forget it. Her name is Merci and she has bladed spinning hands of death.

BatWing

awsome work of art unko! :thumbup:

Lunarman

Finally the mighty mesh maker Volsung has an Avatar!

Awesome work Unko

style

These are so Cool! Love The Lord Volsung Avatar! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Zippo

Unko, you've rocked 3 and a half whole blocks with these ones, and I'm not just sayin' that because you did me  :P .
Great job all around, but I gotta say, Volsungs head is awesome. The facial expression is suberb.

Reepicheep

I am in love with Volsung. He looks so ridiculous, its great!

Feantastic work again, Unko!!

Volsung

At last! Now you can fear me heroes!
Thanks Unko!

Tomato

I'm astounded sometimes how you can take relatively bizzare and generally insane ideas and make them cool. That idea for the helmet was a nice touch, I think.

But yes, congrats on Volsung's avatar, it turned out really nice.

BatWing

it'll be cool that the young ones and volsung would have skin files :thumbup:

juancho

absolutly amazing job unko buddy
like everyone my fav is volsung, really crazy looking

Nymph

Awesome as usual!  :thumbup:

I love Nymph in Young Ones that pic rules! :)

the_ultimate_evil

absolutly friggin superb

Spam

Nice job on those redesigns, Unko. You truely show your talent in your own little way.

FORIAMSPAM!

Kitt Basher

I feel like I am at McDonald's ... cause Da da dot daaaaa, I'm lovin' it

|