• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Mutants & Mastermind

Started by Grazzt, February 04, 2007, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazzt

Hey everyone, I've been statting up Freedom Force characters using Mutants and Masterminds. Does anybody else play this system? Anybody interested in seeing the converted characters? Anybody interested in a play by post game using the M&M system?

Lord Elcorion

can't say i've ever heard of that system

Glitch Girl

I run a game and play a character in another.  We meet on alternating fridays.  It's a great system.  In the game I run, my players are the superheroes that make up the Florida Ministry of Good (a.k.a: FlaMinGo, their idea, not mine) set in Porta Roma FL, a thinly disguised Miami.  :D

I've never done a Play-By-Email based around M&M though. 

Uncle Yuan

I've heard of the system, but have never played it.  What makes it worthwhile?

I'm a Champion's player (now Hero System) from the old days.  I'm a fan of that system , although it has too many stats for my taste these days.  I've also played Pallidium's super hero game - Hero, inc., I believe - lousy system, and GURPS Supers which is OK.

BTW, a PBEM game would probably be most at home in the Posting Games forum.

Grazzt

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on February 05, 2007, 03:39:15 PMBTW, a PBEM game would probably be most at home in the Posting Games forum.

True, but besides starting a game I was also hoping that there would be people interested in helping me make a Freedom Force conversion. I've already got a few of the characters statted, and other people's input would be nice.

That is, assuming anyone is interested.

QuoteI've heard of the system, but have never played it.  What makes it worthwhile?

I'm a Champion's player (now Hero System) from the old days.  I'm a fan of that system , although it has too many stats for my taste these days.  I've also played Pallidium's super hero game - Hero, inc., I believe - lousy system, and GURPS Supers which is OK.

Hmmm, I don't know how to describe what makes it worthwhile. I personally like the fact that it only requires a single die, I like the lack of HP, and the character generation is pretty good, too. The people who made the game are also clearly very big comic fans, for instance quite a few of the illustrations are hommages to famous comic covers (like the covers of Action Comics #1 or Fantastic Four #1 are two I recognised). The characters at the recommended starting level are also quite powerful without being boring (I here that Palladium's game had a problem with the heroes being too weak).

Uncle Yuan

The Pallidium game suffers from many things, but I'd say power scale is the most frustrating.  There is really no way to build something on the order of a Thor or Flash - super strength and speed just don't get that super in the game.

Gremlin

I've played M&M a few times, and it's great fun.  Much more fluid d20 system than regular D&D, and I love their health system (even though it's hard to get used to).  If you set up a game in Posting Games or by e-mail, I'd love to participate.

Grazzt

If I did do a game, would you guys like it to take place in a homebrew universe or in the Freedom Force universe? I'd rather not do DC or Marvel: they have too many heroes as it is.

Gremlin

Depends on what your setting is.  Feel, history, etc?  FF is great, but it's always fun to not be totally familiar with the world you're in.

Silverlion

You can find write-ups for some Freedom Force characters on the Atomic Think Tank website

www.atomicthinktank.com (I think anyway I know they had some for 1E, but not sure fore 2E which is when I ditched the system due to complexity.)

Kommando

MM 2e is actually pretty nice, and makes it play more friendly with its sister system True20.  I was running a game last summer.  My ultimate goal would be to find some game engine that makes it possible to run it online (I was toying with the original NWN, and it can work if you ignore the not being able to fly thing, as well as the no hitpoint system and well - it would be better for ground based pulp hero game really.  Still if a format worked, I would likely try it out.  Could probably get Lady Kommando to try it too, if I can pull her away from Star Wars for a while.

Xenolith

I've seen your posts on the True20 forums, Kommando.  Its a great game, isn't it?  Its very cinematic.  Need to chop down 10 orcs?  In D&D3.5 it'll take you an hour of combat.  In True20 it will take about 15 minutes.  Very cinematic.  i love it.  I hear there is a True20 Companion and True20 freeport supplements coming out soon.  Good stuff! :thumbup:

Kommando

Yeah I'm looking forward to them.  And  :blink: I didn't think anyone here would find me there.