• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Whedon Off Wonder Woman

Started by Talavar, February 02, 2007, 08:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Plus I don't think I could take Megan seriously if she tries to act tough and threatening.  Maybe I'm wrong about that, but whoever plays WW has to be attractive, look physically strong, but still feminine (so no body builder types) and be able to be scary and threatening when it's called for.

House Quake

Olga Kurylenko... movies: The Hitman and Qauntum of Solace. 

Emmanuelle Chriqui...recent movies: Don't Mess With the Zohan and Cadillac Records (release Dec5)

I think either one could play the role.  I think they would fit the bill of up and coming actresses with some credible acting experience with familiar but still not overly famous faces.  It all depends on what direction the eventual producers and directors of the film would want to go with Diana... but I wouldn't mind either of these actresses in the role.

BentonGrey

Definitely not Olga, she's another stick.  Let Diana be a real woman. :P

Uncle Yuan

It's Hollywood, folks.  Unless it's Catherine Zeta Jones there are no drop-dead gorgeous women with meat on their bones.  Face it, we live in a society where attractive = skinny.

House Quake

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on November 20, 2008, 04:33:21 AM
It's Hollywood, folks.  Unless it's Catherine Zeta Jones there are no drop-dead gorgeous women with meat on their bones.  Face it, we live in a society where attractive = skinny.

That is the truth of Hollywood... the fashion world... the music industry... etc.

But if an actress like Olga was up for the role... I'm sure she'd do as other women (and men) who has had to do in other films past... and put on some extra meat and muscle for the role.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: House Quake on November 20, 2008, 05:19:16 AM
Quote from: Uncle Yuan on November 20, 2008, 04:33:21 AM

That is the truth of Hollywood... the fashion world... the music industry... etc.

But if an actress like Olga was up for the role... I'm sure she'd do as other women (and men) who has had to do in other films past... and put on some extra meat and muscle for the role.

I have to echo what HQ (and Yuan) has said here but add some things . . .

First of all, it's called ACTING! Before you go saying how this actress or that actress might do, get them a screentest with a good script.  Because as it is, you are not going to find the perfect actress to play Wonder Woman.  This is especially the case with the way Wonder Woman has been portrayed and has often been drawn for the past 25+ years.   

Second, Hollywood and the movie business do function along the lines of a majority of the "marquee faces" do the thin/waifish/model look or whatever you want to call it.  See #3

Third, Any good actor or actress will gladly do the prep-work for role.  A really good one will do that and then some.  In the case of Wonder Woman, an actress is going to have to spend a good deal of time in the gym.  I mean more than usual and do more than just cardio and light weights.  Megan Fox put on 10lbs of muscle to play Mikayla in Transformers.  Hilary Swank put on around 20lbs or so of muscle to play her role in Million Dollar Baby.  An actress who plays Wonder Woman is going to have to do pretty much either somewhere in between there or closer to what Hilary did.  Granted, Wonder Woman doesn't need to look "uber-buff" but it wouldn't hurt for her to have some "fitness model" type definition to her (ala Trish Stratus or Victoria in the WWE). 

Fourth, depending on the way they wanted Diana portrayed, I think Megan Fox or Olga Kurylenko would not be bad.  Though I do not think either of them have shown a lot of range in their roles.   I have not seen the roles you mentioned for Emmanuelle Chriqui nor any of her other work. 

Fifth, Olga is not as much of a "stick figure" as some actresses out there during her Bond role.  Granted, she is no where near as built athletically as Wonder Woman would need to be.  The same goes (to a slightly lesser extent) for Megan in Transformers.  Now away from those roles, however, both women do not maintain the same look they had in those two movies.

|