• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Artistic Challenge 13 (Randomizer) Check out the Art!

Started by Pyroclasm, January 31, 2007, 04:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroclasm

Carravaggio

challenge delivered: medival wonderman!
upon finding a sword on an ancient battlefield, lowly serf Simon of William was empowered by a preternatural purple energy that granted him flight, superhuman strength and immortality. Using his newfound abilities  he conquered the globe, uniting all the kingdoms of man under his banner of justice.

BentonGrey

Wow......that's actually pretty awesome.  It just radiates raw power.  Very cool man.

UnkoMan

Holy crap! And the thing is... if that were a comic, I would actually read it.

But seriously, that looks sweet!

MJB

Revenant

Car that's totally amazing!  That's definitely a portfolio piece.  The line work, the textures, the color all work well.. i like the subtle highlights.

UnfluffyBunny

grrr, right now i'm in the middle of an eternal torrent of crap, 7 concepts down -_-

Rick Battlemage

meh I'm finding my assignment a real challenge, I've got quite a few ideas though drawing them proved to be quite hard, I'm not giving up though, since this is after all an Artistic Challenge, we'll see  ;)

Cardmaster

Mmkay, so I imagined, what if Iceman were an evil soulless corporate jerk?
Tada...

I'm tryin' a completely new drawing style here... not sure how much I like it.. *shrugs*

-CM

gdaybloke

MJB

gdaybloke

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: MJB on February 21, 2007, 12:00:48 AM
Ditto what Gay said.

-MJB

Is that a fruedian slip, or does that hug over in General Topics indicate something about our favorite Aussie that his wife might rather not know?  ("Not that there's anything wrong with that.")

And cool stuff CM!

gdaybloke

MJB

ROFL!! Apologies to the worlds sexiest Astrailian clone buster who resides in Canada.

-MJB

captainspud

MJB

Don't cry Spud. You are the sexiest potato powered Canadian alive.

-MJB

Uncle Yuan

And with the new av, Spud, this little thread jack has been elevated to whole new levels of wrong . . .

:tmi

Cardmaster

I think in that chain of TMI, there was a compliment somewhere... if there was, um, thanks? ^_^

-CM

MyndVizion

Wow, some really nice work from everyone! Kudos to you all.  :thumbup:

I only wish I could draw some so I could participate. My stick figures are crap compared to everyone's work here.

MJB

Revenant

Glitch Girl

Wow, I was over at my mom's this weekend and was going through some old things, and look at the old book I found!  I used to love this story, it was all about  how being differnt wasn't bad, it made you special and stuff like that but it was still a great little kids book. 

Any of you guys remember this?

[spoiler]Okay so I BARELY got this one in under the wire (which is why I'm not entering the other one, don't think I'd have time to finish it.)  NC as child/baby is almost too obvious what with Xmen Evolution and Bamf both out there.  Still this was was kinda fun to do and somehow, during the drawing process I got the idea of turning Baby Kurt's adventures into a Little Golden Book type story.  I shoulda distrsseed it more, but I couldn't get bends and cracks in the cover to look right so I had to go a little more pristine than I wanted.  Took me FOREVER to get the hands right.  BTW: here's the artwork without all the crud and branding

EDIT: ARGH! and after all that, I somehow moved the reflections on the balloons and now the look weird.  Will fix later)
[/spoiler]

Uncle Yuan

Truely, an masterpiece of children's lit!  Not as good as the Tawny, Scrawny Lion, mind you, but probably my second favorite!

(ROFL!  Awesome GG!)

Revenant

AArgh sorry this is late everybody.  I was never one to meet a deadline.  I give you the movie Huntress, which is also like a dream come true for me.  I did cheat in that I used a drawing of my own, but altered the costume, and background.  I ran it through a few filters to give it that gritty, Batman Begins feel.  Thanks Blkcasanova for the idea of using a trenchcoat, I love the way it turned out, and for casting her in the image of Punisher... I never thought of Huntress that way but it works.  I couldn't let go of the crossbow though; it's her signature weapon.  (She has a glock under the trenchcoat too.)  I wanted to distance the costume from the Birds of Prey TV show as well as Batman Begins, so I added some protective goggles... they're scary ones though, with an angry, glowing yellow stare.

[spoiler]And for the Bat-Philes out there, yes that is the Batman Forever Font.  Like the font; the movie, not so much.[/spoiler]

Blkcasanova247

Nice!  :thumbup:  :D I love the feel of the peice! It's got a lot of atmosphere to it.

Figure Fan

These look wonderful! I really love Wonderman and Lil' Kurt.  :cool:

UnfluffyBunny

Gah, I didnt make it in the month, so far all my concepts i've thrown out ¬_¬ I -WILL- get something done soon tho >_<

Pyroclasm

No worries.  I haven't finished mine either.  :lol:

Glitch Girl

Just a friendly "bump" because I want to see the rest of these.  :)