• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Rotten Tomatoes Best & Worst Comic Book Movies

Started by El Condor, May 19, 2007, 03:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Condor

Hola amigos,

I found this on the Rotten Tomatoes website.  What would your "bests" and "worsts" be?

EC

MJB

First off I don't care what ANYONE thinks neither one of the Garfield movies should be featured. Next up, Fantastic Four rated BELOW Supergirl and Steel? I don't think so.

While a lot of people may have had problems with the Fantastic Four movie I thought that they actually go the core characters right. It was the Doom character that ruined that flick. Name 4 good qualities about the Steel or Supergirl movies... You can't, end of discussion.

Howard the Duck ranks higher than Superman 3? Forgive me but Howard the Duck was a terrible movie. Superman 3 was almost as bad but it was no where NEAR as bad as Howard the Duck. Eww.

Richie Rich, Dennis the Menace, Barb Wire, and the Shadow rank higher than the TMNT (2007) movie? Wrong!

The Casper movie ranks in the top 100? Blech!

OMG! Annie is one of the top Comic movies of all time? BS!

Hulk ranks 32? Batman out ranked by Flash Gordan?? Superman Returns ranks higher than Superman II??? Men in Black better than the original Superman movie???? Spider-Man 2 the #1 movie of all time?????

Ugg. Nerd senses overload!

-MJB

lugaru

I agree that fantastic four ranks WAY too low... dumb as it was it was the most comic booky movie so far, in the sense that it was fun and fairly accurate as opposed to cranking the angst to 11. I agree that they made a bad call with Doom.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Keep in mind that this is not really a list of the best and worst comic book movies, but merely a list of the general consensus of movie critics arranged in percentage of positive to negative reviews.  Movie critics generally don't know much about comic book movies anyway.

El Condor

True, although there is a bit of editorializing involved in the pos/neg assignations that Rotten Tomatoes doles out, most notably for those reviews that straddle the middle.

But it is a good conversation starter, specifically because forum members here do know infinitely more about comic books than most movie reviewers do.  :D

EC

lugaru

BTW while the comics thing is so-so their grindhouse a to z is great.